Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 9th, 2015, 12:11 PM   #1
fairmaiden
Nice Poster

fairmaiden's Forum Picture

Name: :)
Default not really a ''crisis'' per se but

So currently I have slight paranoia over my laptop webcam? it's really odd. I mean, I found a trojan in my laptop a few days ago and ever since then I've been worried that my laptop webcam was hacked. my anti-virus is pretty decent and so is my firewall. I don't think I've clicked on any suspicious links, except for links that my friends have sent me.

There's nothing really indicative of my webcam being hacked. It could have just been a normal virus (well not normal but like a run-of-the-mill virus.) There wasn't a blinking LED light, or anything amiss; there was nothing.

I deleted the virus and I know it's gone for good now but still; I hate the idea of someone having looked through and watching my every move; it really irritates me. I don't think about it often but it still bugs me lol.

I watched a film a few weeks ago about someone's webcam being hacked and I guess that could have partly fueled this.

How can I cure my mild paranoia about this issue? I'd also appreciate it if someone who's experienced with computers and stuff could post an answer in this thread? thanks.

i will love you till the end of time

Last edited by fairmaiden; April 9th, 2015 at 12:16 PM.
fairmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote