Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 27th, 2005, 04:32 PM   #1
kevin
Legendary Member

Default Orchestra situation.

I'm a rather more advanced cello player in orchestra. I have always been at least 3rd seat and most of the time second chair. But last audition I bombed it and got 5th seat, my best friend (who has normally taken my spot everytime I do bad) took my spot again. But this time it's different, she got used to it and then liked playing the first stand solo that we're doing this unit. After these auditions I ended up getting 2nd seat again. Which is great becuase I got a 99% on my playing test. But I don't know what to do about my best friend. She's obviously a little sad about it. She has to sit with the most snobbiest girl in our school and she's not looking forward to it. I feel so bad about it because I really could care less if she was my stand partener. But what was I supposed to do, aim to get a 98 and sit next to the obnoxious girl? That would be a little hard to do. I feel so bad and I don't know what to do!
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:48 PM   #2
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

in my orchestra i play lead/solo trumpet..and my orchestra played at the ryal albert hall in march which was cool, and i had to solo and the place was fully packed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne
18. Come back when you stop failing.
Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2005, 08:07 PM   #3
kevin
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute
in my orchestra i play lead/solo trumpet..and my orchestra played at the ryal albert hall in march which was cool, and i had to solo and the place was fully packed
That's great and all, but it sucks for me becuase she was so excited for our solo. I really, really wanted 2nd seat again but now I look back at it and I'm such a fucking asshole! argh, it's so frustrating how I can never do anything right!
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote