Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on religion?
Religion's great, God's the only one for me. 6 25.00%
It's alright. 4 16.67%
I don't even want anything to do with it at all, let alone think about it. 14 58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 24th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #41
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

I resent religion because too many stupid twats use it as an excuse to blow each other up and shit like that.

I say I'm Christian to stop my dad having a go, but I don't follow any religion properly.

Christmas is my favourite time of year. Not because of the religious side of it, or the commerical side of it. But purely because it's the most joyous and the songs have the most uplifting affect on me.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Old September 25th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #42
Rope_boy
Banned

Indeed. Religion's used as an excuse for everything.

"I only cut that baby from that woman's womb because God told me to! I sware, it was not because I am crazy, but because God told me to!"

Or my personal favorite...

"God hates niggers..."

Yeah, if god loves everything, then how can he hate? Interesting, no?

On a side note, do not take my above quote as a symbol that I am a racist, because I'm not, it's just an observation; that's all.

Also, check my sig for another truth about God.

Oh yes, on the note of racism: We all have some in us, no matter how much we say we're not. To admit it is to control it.
Old September 25th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #43
Elokyn
Awesome Poster

Elokyn's Forum Picture

I do believe in God...am I a good christian?...no...

pre-marital sex, pleasure, pride, even shame are all my cup of tea....(I re-read this...first part makes me sound like a slut haha .....I have sex with my boyfriend who I have been with for 7 months..thats the ONLY person..for the rest of forever)

Quite honestly I don't wanna look more into my religion because I'm afraid that I'll find out that I don't believe in God....and then what?...everything I've heard since I was born just dissapears.....I've been through loads of crap and something has helped me through it all..weather it be God or just good fortune....though it has gone through my head..where was God when I was being talked down to and beaten and raped....*shrugs*

Christians are like..the root of hypocricy (forgive my crappy ass spelling..I'm tired) My church is full of dicks...seriously..there's may be a handful of good people in that church..the rest are all too busy talking about everyone behind their backs to even realize that they're shitheads

"An it harm none, do what ye will."
Old September 25th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #44
Rope_boy
Banned

There is nothing wrong with what you do at all.

As long as you do these things you do not allow them to take over your life completely, then it's fine. I'll right out tell you all, I'm a sinner. I'm guitly of the worst "sins" in teh bible, does it make me a bad devil whroshiping hevan? No, no it does not. I am quite the contrary. I'm a good hearted person, always looking for the good in people, and I always do my best to make those around me feel good about themselves. I even put myself done around others so they can feel better about themselves. That's just me. I will sacerfice my own well being for others around me. I am not selfish, and I'm very patient when it comes to certain things. Point and case, I need glasses, but we don't have the money for them. Now I have been in dire need of them for the past year or so, have I complained about not having them? No. Though I have asked plenty of times, "When am I going to get glasses?", I do understand that money is tight. Unfourtently though, my sister does not understand this one bit. She does not even realize how money works in this country, and is always bitching, "Why can't we get a new car instead of driving around in this crappy looking Handia that get 30 miles to the gallon in the city, but still looks like shit? Why can't we get a hummer!". Yeah...

My point is this, it does not matter at all what religion you are, you can still be a good person with out it. I am the example of this.
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #45
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rope_boy
My point is this, it does not matter at all what religion you are, you can still be a good person with out it. I am the example of this.
Ya right. please, kid.
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #46
Rope_boy
Banned

I really am a good person, I just hate everyone who complains about their problems on the internet.
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:48 PM   #47
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

And I hate people who make fun of cutters, make fun of respected members, are ignorant, and are douche bags.
YOU
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #48
Rope_boy
Banned

*Sobs uncontrollablely*

I... I... I only... I only wanted people to like me. I mean sure, I'm an ass hole, but deep down I'm just an unsecured little boy who feels it nessacary to make fun of those in a much worse postion then I am. I can't controll myself. I... I just take things way to far. I'm sorry!

*Sobs some more uncontrollablely*
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #49
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

You butter be sorry.
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:55 PM   #50
Rope_boy
Banned

Actually, I am... I don't know why I'm such a jack fuck; I guess it's just who I am. I live to spite, to annoy, and to over all, offend everyone I meet on the internet.

I take my sarcasim way to far, and for that it makes me look like a fucking moron; to which I do not deny, because I am.

Enough of this though... *cough* back to teh subject, no? *cough*
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:56 PM   #51
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rope_boy
Actually, I am... I don't know why I'm such a jack fuck; I guess it's just who I am. I live to spite, to annoy, and to over all, offend everyone I meet on the internet.

I take my sarcasim way to far, and for that it makes me look like a fucking moron; to which I do not deny, because I am.
Finally were in agreement!
I hope ur banned

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Old September 25th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #52
Rope_boy
Banned

Aw, I love you to mister psdue-poet. No really I do. Your words fill my heart with warmth, and knowing you're there gives me a certain joy.

*Puts a smile on like when those bears whipe their asses with Charem Ultra(TM)*
Old September 25th, 2005, 11:25 PM   #53
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster

Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture

those arent fair options. Its basically yes no sort of. Religion is a very complicated and controvercial isue that can't be spoken of in 1 or 2 simple adjectives. I mean, I think whatever floats your boat, but some countries are run and devided upon it. Personally, I'm buhdest, but if you're cristian or catholic or jewish or hindu or w/e that is fine. You have a belief in something, that's great. Just please, don't force your opinion on someoen else

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Old September 26th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #54
Rope_boy
Banned

I was never forcing on anyone. I was pointing out certain details, listing what I did not like about them, and promoted that others do likewise.

And as far as all the other polls I've seen in debate, mine's a little more choicy, since all the others are just simple "yes, no" answer, hell I didn't think they were that limited, were they?
Old September 26th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #55
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

omg i absolutly hate people who try and force religion on ya like those jehova witnesses (i know its not how u spell it i just couldnt be arsed trying to find the rite spelling!) they always com eto my door early in the morning giving me these leaflets and aking me do i wan to go to a meeting, so i am like fuck off dont be coming to me at this time odf day with your shite! sorry they just really get on my nerves

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old September 26th, 2005, 11:28 AM   #56
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

well, even though I'm jewish by blood, I pratice buddism more then jewdism. And its a really great way to live. I'm at peace, finally, with the world around me. I feel awake to the world, like a new person. And I'm allot more calm, and kind to others.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
Old October 1st, 2005, 03:42 PM   #57
Guy_under_jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos
its dumb because it has the potential of fueling hatrid. that and its dumb. people who need to believe in the impossible to find happiness are so pathetic they dont deserve it in the first place

heheh im in a good mood today
Yet without religion, crime rates would be sky high, morals would be a thing of the past and people would be less charitable causing poverty to strife.

Yes religion produces fanatics that have distorted thir religion and following a cause which is not justified in their faith, but because theyre deluded i.e Osama bin Laaden, Hitler and the Popes who led the crusades.
Old October 9th, 2005, 01:04 AM   #58
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

yes, you can

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
Old October 9th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #59
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy_under_jacket
Yet without religion, crime rates would be sky high, morals would be a thing of the past and people would be less charitable causing poverty to strife.

Yes religion produces fanatics that have distorted thir religion and following a cause which is not justified in their faith, but because theyre deluded i.e Osama bin Laaden, Hitler and the Popes who led the crusades.
Your such a fucking idiot

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Old October 9th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #60
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by *}Whisper{*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy_under_jacket

Your such a fucking idiot
uncalled for cody

Closed Thread