Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 24th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #1
lxl
Member+

lxl's Forum Picture

Default trivial problem stuck in my head

ok well for some reason this trivial issue with my friend keeps coming back into my head
my close friend truly dislike my parents for some unreasonable reason and i've talked to her but i dont think she will change her mind
so yeah its been like a week since we had that big fight and she told me about my parents, but ever since then that issue has been in my head... first few days it was the only thing i thought about... and lately its been coming back into my thoughts again
i decided to move on with it because i cannot change what she believes but for some reason my thoughts kept coming back to this... what is wrong with me?!
lxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Mr. Smithers
Banned

Name: August
Default Re: trivial problem stuck in my head

Friends shouldn't fight with each other. You're afraid that your fight, and her not liking your parents, will end your friendship with this person. That's why you can't get it out of your head. I would try to talk to your friend again.
Mr. Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #3
CuriousDestruction
Great Poster

CuriousDestruction's Forum Picture

Name: michael

it is very hard to move on from things that affect us deeply, especially with our best friends. nothing is wrong with you, except that you love both your parents and your friend.
CuriousDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #4
lxl
Member+

lxl's Forum Picture

truthfully, i've been having thoughts about ending this friendship... i mean there were few times in the past i have seriously wanted to stop this friendship because she just do not understand other people... and last week, she started the conversation: "I dont think we can be friends anymore..." and thats how the talk about my parents started...
here's the reason: whenever i hang out with her on the weekends, my parents would pick me up around 9 or 10, but apparently its too early to be leaving, so she blames my strict parents.
i talked to her that i was upset that she dissed off my parents, but she said she was sorry that i felt bad but she's not sorry that she really hates my parents
i dont know whether it is worth keeping this friendship or i should just end it?
lxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:44 AM   #5
Scarface
Retired Administrator

Scarface's Forum Picture

Name: Ronnie

communicate and ask her to explain why she has issues with your parents. don't blame it on yourself. maybe its not worth keeping a friend under those circumstances remember there are many people out there to hang out with. losing one friend especially one that sounds kinda vindictive and moving on sounds better to me don't you think? i hope this helps PM me if you want to talk

Contact me if you need to talk. I'm always here to help all
you have to do is be honest.

Never Let Go
Act as if it were IMPOSSIBLE to fail.
<3 Mikey
The Need For Speed!

R&G Forever until it turns gray...then it will still thrive
I<3 TheVTStaff
Smart ass #1
Supportive Presence
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote