Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 21st, 2018, 08:41 AM   #1
Anneki

Name: Anne
Default Circumcision of small boys banned

The government in my country have been forced by a citizen proposals to discuss about circumcision of boys under 18 should be prohibited in the entire country. Circumcision of girls is prohibited, but not boys.
What do you think?

I think it's totally crazy to cut healthy childrens parts. What it was the right earlobe they cut off. How can ancient culture be such a big issue. It's 2018 for xxxx.
Anneki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2018, 09:46 AM   #2
german_boy
Member++

Location: Europe is my home, currently living in Bavaria, Germany
Default Re: Circumcision of small boys banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneki View Post
The government in my country have been forced by a citizen proposals to discuss about circumcision of boys under 18 should be prohibited in the entire country. Circumcision of girls is prohibited, but not boys.
What do you think?

I think it's totally crazy to cut healthy childrens parts. What it was the right earlobe they cut off. How can ancient culture be such a big issue. It's 2018 for xxxx.

Circumcision of boys is way different from female genital mutilation. It's nothing that can be compared.

There are different ways of fgm, all involve the (partial) removal of the clit. It's done for cultural reasons for taking away girls' pleasure. If you compare the anatomy of a boy and a girl on the embryo, the anatomy of the primary sexual organs is identical until a certain stage. If you would perform the same on boys, you would have to cut off their glans.

What is done during male circumcisions is the removal of a part of the foreskin which is identical to a removal of the clit hood for girls. Some girls do it for aesthetic reasons, it doesn't interfere with the ability to have sexual pleasure.

However, I get your point. What if a boy doesn't like it when he's older. That's why there has been a discussion in my country as well, eventually ending up in a new law that generally allows circumcisions for religious reasons, if being performed by a professional (not any religious circumciser).

Our constitution guarantees some fundamental rights such as the religious freedom, the freedom to educate and the right of the physical integrity. Our government has decided that the first rights outweigh the last one. Sadly, our constitutional court hasn't decided on this law, this would clarify whether it conforms with our constitution or not.

The main reason for the liberal law was the complaint of Jewish organizations and the fear of the politicians to be antisemitic. I don't think it's antisemitic to decide a law that protects the integrity of childrens' bodies. Nevertheless, I think it's been a good idea to allow it to parents.

If you would prohibit it, some parents would do it anyway. If no doctor performed it, they would let non-professionals do it, with high risks for the boys. Or they would simply do "holiday circumcisions" (that's a critical thing for girls from cultures that still perform fgm).
german_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2018, 04:19 PM   #3
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt

Quote:
What do you think?

Great to see a government that actually listen to the population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2018, 04:22 PM   #4
the_power_slave
Nice Poster

the_power_slave's Forum Picture

Name: eli.

Denmark is doomed.
the_power_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2018, 04:50 PM   #5
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeam View Post
Denmark is doomed.
No its not

Quote:
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 04:51 PM   #6
the_power_slave
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
No its not
yes. yes it is.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 06:46 PM   #7
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
yes. yes it is.
Would be nice to have an explanation there

Quote:
Old April 23rd, 2018, 06:59 PM   #8
the_power_slave
Nice Poster

Quote:
Would be nice to have an explanation there
denmark is doomed. thay are going down the path of authoritarian-liberalism, a path that leads to mutually assured destruction.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 07:24 PM   #9
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
denmark is doomed. thay are going down the path of authoritarian-liberalism, a path that leads to mutually assured destruction.
Because they want to ban circumcision? Don't you think you are exaggerating a little there

Quote:
Old April 23rd, 2018, 07:31 PM   #10
the_power_slave
Nice Poster

Quote:
Because they want to ban circumcision? Don't you think you are exaggerating a little there
banning circumcision is an authoritarian act so.. no.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 07:42 PM   #11
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
banning circumcision is an authoritarian act so.. no.
No its common sense, the only person who as the right to make the decision permanent, life changing procedure to your body is you.

Quote:
Old April 23rd, 2018, 08:08 PM   #12
the_power_slave
Nice Poster

Quote:
No its common sense, the only person who as the right to make the decision permanent, life changing procedure to your body is you.
BULL. it's a symbol of a civilized society.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 11:22 PM   #13
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
BULL. it's a symbol of a civilized society.
Its a symbol of a civilized society to not cut off the part of a baby's dick? sure its another way say it

Quote:
Old April 24th, 2018, 09:22 AM   #14
mick01
Awesome Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

I was circumcised as a baby and today I am fine with being cut. But there are few good reasons for circumcising a new born baby which is almost automatic here in the US. Circumcisions should be the exception and not the rule.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2018, 12:32 AM   #15
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

While I agree that it is great to see the government listening to its people, I don't believe that the religion, social, and medical rights of parents should be subject to government restrictions. Just to give you some background information as to where my opinions have been formed, I was circumcised as an adult and believe strongly that it is better to be circumcised.

Religious ceremonies should be treated with the respect and dignity that comes with age and tradition. As a Catholic, I would have my children baptized. To a Jewish or Islamic person, it would be no different to them as it would be to me to be told that baptism is banned. The argument that is often used is that circumcision leaves a permanent mark. While that is true, how many people change there religion? I'm sure that 99% of people that are circumcised for religious reasons are happy that it was done in the infant stage as it is a much more serious procedure as an adult.

Social reasons are also dismissed prematurely. Everyone pretends that these reasons are irrelevant, but they are. Growing up with family that is mostly circumcised, as a child, I believed that I was different, weird, and possibly inferior. I developed a complex at a young age. Seeing other people that seemed more shapely ans smooth made me think that theres was much better looking.

Let me also point out one last thing. There is a huge difference between female and male circumcision. There are no religions that require female circumcision. It is primarily performed for cultural reasons with the intentions of limiting or eliminating female sexual pleasure. It is also a much more dangerous procedure. Overall, it is very wrong to compare the male and female circumcision.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2018, 12:42 PM   #16
Snowfox
Member++

Name: Pyry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
While I agree that it is great to see the government listening to its people, I don't believe that the religion, social, and medical rights of parents should be subject to government restrictions. Just to give you some background information as to where my opinions have been formed, I was circumcised as an adult and believe strongly that it is better to be circumcised.

Religious ceremonies should be treated with the respect and dignity that comes with age and tradition. As a Catholic, I would have my children baptized. To a Jewish or Islamic person, it would be no different to them as it would be to me to be told that baptism is banned. The argument that is often used is that circumcision leaves a permanent mark. While that is true, how many people change there religion? I'm sure that 99% of people that are circumcised for religious reasons are happy that it was done in the infant stage as it is a much more serious procedure as an adult.

Social reasons are also dismissed prematurely. Everyone pretends that these reasons are irrelevant, but they are. Growing up with family that is mostly circumcised, as a child, I believed that I was different, weird, and possibly inferior. I developed a complex at a young age. Seeing other people that seemed more shapely ans smooth made me think that theres was much better looking.

Let me also point out one last thing. There is a huge difference between female and male circumcision. There are no religions that require female circumcision. It is primarily performed for cultural reasons with the intentions of limiting or eliminating female sexual pleasure. It is also a much more dangerous procedure. Overall, it is very wrong to compare the male and female circumcision.
I am amazed that we agree on something.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2018, 02:08 PM   #17
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

Quote:
It is also the year 5778 (Hebrew calendar) and circumcision has been taking place for nearly 6 millennia. So it's much older then ancient.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2018, 08:06 PM   #18
adtse
Great Poster

adtse's Forum Picture

Name: Adrian

I think it should be banned. Why ban it for girls but not boys? It should be his choice.

My name is Adrian, I am 13 years old, dunno if I am gay or str8 (I am probably more of straight). I am a geek, and I am proud of it. I love computers, and all kinds of nerdy technology.
Feel free to send me a friend request
And send me a private message.

Last edited by adtse; May 2nd, 2018 at 04:15 PM.
adtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:30 AM   #19
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtse View Post
I think it should be banned. Why ban it for girls but not girls? It should be his choice.
Because the circumcision of girls is done only for pain and to limit sexual pleasure. It is much more dangerous, painful, and challenging to recover from. Also, it has no religious backing.

(It is not a Muslim tradition, but an Arabic and African cultural practice). Had to mention that as I know someone's gonna challenge me on it.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:46 AM   #20
Jinglebottom

Jinglebottom's Forum Picture

It is just fascinating to see how some people try to justify unnecessary and permanent modification of a little baby's body. Guess we should start tattooing newborns now since it's all good, but even tattoos are more reversible than circumcision.

General Discussions Moderator

PM - VM

*Mars was here*
Jinglebottom is offline   Reply With Quote