Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2018, 03:37 PM   #21
JustMyHumbleOpinion
Junior Member+
 
Name: Joshua
Join Date: January 26, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

I think that its really only the old testament that even mentions gay activity being a sin, which obviously the old testament is very outdated and most people (even Christians) don't follow stuff like this:

"If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death"-Leviticus 20:9

"If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death"- Leviticus 20:10

I think the whole antagonizing of gay people from the Christian community is mostly baseless and because they are kind of a easy target i guess.
I think you can be Christian and gay, as bar the old testament, the religion doesn't really condemn it completely (not like Islam does anyway)
JustMyHumbleOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2018, 05:03 PM   #22
Just JT
VT Lover
 
Just JT's Forum Picture
 
Name: JT
Join Date: June 27, 2015
Location: Kingdom of God
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

@Axrow I think I get what your saying. But...I also think you may believe people choose their sexual orientation, which we do not.

So if it’s a sin to have same sex relations, then why does any sexual orientation other than straight even exist?

Since god made the heavens and earth, and humans, with free will, then why?

It’s no more a temptation of the devil than any other thing we like dislike believe in or anything else. If god is so loving then why would he want people who are not straight to live in an unhappy life and world by hiding what they truly are?

AND if it Is a sin, you can always ask for forgiveness, and repent. Isn’t Christianity beautiful that way?

We’re also talking about a doctrin that was written over 2000 years ago, translated and intreped how many times over? Opinions views morals and perspectives change. Even the Catholic Church is becoming more relaxed about same sex relationships.

Not trying to make this a debate, I just have a hard time believeing some things that Christianity claims to be this or that. My church, Christian, is open and affirming for all sexual orientations. Meaning we accept them into our parish, allowed to join, and marry in the church. So how can that be a sin of the Church isn’t allowing that?

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards

Last edited by Just JT; February 5th, 2018 at 11:31 PM.
Likes: (2)
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2018, 05:46 AM   #23
Axrow
Member
 
Axrow's Forum Picture
 
Name: Az
Join Date: December 2, 2017
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
@Axrow I think I get what your saying. But...I also think you may believe people choose their sexual orientation, which we do not.

So if itís a sin to have same sex relations, then why does any sexual orientation other than straight even exist?

Since god made the heavens and earth, and humans, with free will, then why?

Itís no more a temptation of the devil than any other thing we like dislike believe in or anything else. If god is so loving then why would he want people who are not straight to live in an unhappy life and world by hiding what they truly are?

AND if it Ismaili a sin, you can always ask for forgiveness, and repent. Isnít Christianity beautiful that way?

Weíre also talking about a doctrin that was written over 2000 years ago, translated and intreped how many times over? Opinions views morals and perspectives change. Even the Catholic Church is becoming more relaxed about same sex relationships.

Not try8ng to male this a debate, I just have a hard time believeing some things that Christianity claims to be this or that. My church, Christian, is open and affirming for all sexual orientations. Meaning we accept them into our parish, allowed to join, and marry in the church. So how can that be a sin of the Church isnít allowing that?
There are a few issues/misconceptions with what you have said.

It is the human who chooses to have sex. It is the choice of whether to act on the temptations. We live in a sinful world where many things exist. But again sin was brought into the world by choice.

Again it might not be who they truly are, but a process of life experiences, actions and choices etc. The goal isn't to live a happy life anyway, but to live a life that brings glory to God not ourselves. So in saying that you can just ask for forgiveness is a gross injustice of what Jesus did for us. As the Bible says, "Shall we sin so that grace may abound? By no means."

God's word is also living. It is not just a book. Many documents close to the originals still exist and God protects His Word and His gospel. Because to say that oh it's changed and not relevant actually means that we couldn't know God. But that is not the case.

The Catholic Church is different from Christianity so it doesn't relate. But again you are placing the value on what humans think rather than on God. Of course, people are going to change His laws or twist them, that doesn't make it acceptable to Him.

Then lastly, not agreeing with particular lifestyles does not equal hate or judgment on them, like people assume. They are still valued and loved, because no one is better than another.
Axrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 12:10 AM   #24
Just JT
VT Lover
 
Just JT's Forum Picture
 
Name: JT
Join Date: June 27, 2015
Location: Kingdom of God
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axrow View Post
There are a few issues/misconceptions with what you have said.

It is the human who chooses to have sex. It is the choice of whether to act on the temptations. We live in a sinful world where many things exist. But again sin was brought into the world by choice.

Again it might not be who they truly are, but a process of life experiences, actions and choices etc. The goal isn't to live a happy life anyway, but to live a life that brings glory to God not ourselves. So in saying that you can just ask for forgiveness is a gross injustice of what Jesus did for us. As the Bible says, "Shall we sin so that grace may abound? By no means."

God's word is also living. It is not just a book. Many documents close to the originals still exist and God protects His Word and His gospel. Because to say that oh it's changed and not relevant actually means that we couldn't know God. But that is not the case.

The Catholic Church is different from Christianity so it doesn't relate. But again you are placing the value on what humans think rather than on God. Of course, people are going to change His laws or twist them, that doesn't make it acceptable to Him.

Then lastly, not agreeing with particular lifestyles does not equal hate or judgment on them, like people assume. They are still valued and loved, because no one is better than another.
Act on temptations, I get, but sex, itís between two people, ideally between two people who are married. A marriage that Christianity (is becoming to) accept and acknowledge. And if thatís the case, within the sacrament of marriage, how is that a sin?

Iím not sure I understand what you mean by living by life expectations. Other than to think that people live a ďstraightĒ life when they truly are not straight.

How can someone be expected to bring the glory to god, if we are not happy in what we are doing?
Donít we need to believe in our work and mission?
If we are not accepted openly, how can we happily, embrace god and gods work, and do gods work, truthfully, and be happy?
I understand what your saying here on this point, and weíve talked about it in detail in Sunday school and youth group
And seems to me, and Iím no scholar, but I think god wants is to be happy

According to the Christian religion, that Iíve been taught, if you commit a sin, a truly repent, you can enter the kingdom of god. Itís not like you can ask forgiveness before to commit a sin, that I get. But when you say itís not who they truly are....exactly my point...we donít choose that. We simply are who we are. We can play the part of whatever Christian or whatever religion we believe, but we ma6 not believe in all those things of that religion

God protects his word how? There are populations of people who have common beliefs, and are pretty open about those beliefs. And individuals can come to that church or not. Free choice, free will. By no attending a church or aligning your values with a Christian faith based religion doesnít negate the fact the fact that that population does not believe Jesus Christ does for our sins and we believe he is the son of god

I agree gods word is living, just as the Bible is. And if living, as in a human, as we are all made in the image of god, all grow. Part of growing is also change. And allowing for change. Kinda like the US constitution. (Bad example but). But itís true. Itís living alive and so is gods everlasting love. And that being said, allows for change.....we do change as we grow.....so shouldnít religion grow and change as it develops and grows?

Iím not catholic, but how is Catholicism different than Christianity?
Iím Protestant. And we spun off Catholicism, does that make me not really a Christian.

And lastly Iím not talkíg about twisting anything for what suits me, or hate at all. Iím simply living my life the best I can with the tools I have now, avoiding all kinds of hate I personally feel I deserve to hold for others. But I forgive. And thatís not easy sometimes. Not at all easy. If you know me then you know why

But it seem from what you say if my lifestyle doesnít align with Christian values, Iím still valued, and not judged, and also not a Christian?

Last year I was baptized, this year I was confirmed. I joined a Christian Church.
Not catholic...and the church accepts me for who I am and my life style

So how is that wrong?

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 12:20 AM   #25
hayley2003
Member++
 
hayley2003's Forum Picture
 
Name: Hayley
Join Date: September 9, 2017
Location: USA
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Act on temptations, I get, but sex, itís between two people, ideally between two people who are married.
why is it ideal? why would it be lesser for those who are not married.
hayley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 06:48 AM   #26
Axrow
Member
 
Axrow's Forum Picture
 
Name: Az
Join Date: December 2, 2017
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Act on temptations, I get, but sex, itís between two people, ideally between two people who are married. A marriage that Christianity (is becoming to) accept and acknowledge. And if thatís the case, within the sacrament of marriage, how is that a sin?

Iím not sure I understand what you mean by living by life expectations. Other than to think that people live a ďstraightĒ life when they truly are not straight.

How can someone be expected to bring the glory to god, if we are not happy in what we are doing?
Donít we need to believe in our work and mission?
If we are not accepted openly, how can we happily, embrace god and gods work, and do gods work, truthfully, and be happy?
I understand what your saying here on this point, and weíve talked about it in detail in Sunday school and youth group
And seems to me, and Iím no scholar, but I think god wants is to be happy

According to the Christian religion, that Iíve been taught, if you commit a sin, a truly repent, you can enter the kingdom of god. Itís not like you can ask forgiveness before to commit a sin, that I get. But when you say itís not who they truly are....exactly my point...we donít choose that. We simply are who we are. We can play the part of whatever Christian or whatever religion we believe, but we ma6 not believe in all those things of that religion

God protects his word how? There are populations of people who have common beliefs, and are pretty open about those beliefs. And individuals can come to that church or not. Free choice, free will. By no attending a church or aligning your values with a Christian faith based religion doesnít negate the fact the fact that that population does not believe Jesus Christ does for our sins and we believe he is the son of god

I agree gods word is living, just as the Bible is. And if living, as in a human, as we are all made in the image of god, all grow. Part of growing is also change. And allowing for change. Kinda like the US constitution. (Bad example but). But itís true. Itís living alive and so is gods everlasting love. And that being said, allows for change.....we do change as we grow.....so shouldnít religion grow and change as it develops and grows?

Iím not catholic, but how is Catholicism different than Christianity?
Iím Protestant. And we spun off Catholicism, does that make me not really a Christian.

And lastly Iím not talkíg about twisting anything for what suits me, or hate at all. Iím simply living my life the best I can with the tools I have now, avoiding all kinds of hate I personally feel I deserve to hold for others. But I forgive. And thatís not easy sometimes. Not at all easy. If you know me then you know why

But it seem from what you say if my lifestyle doesnít align with Christian values, Iím still valued, and not judged, and also not a Christian?

Last year I was baptized, this year I was confirmed. I joined a Christian Church.
Not catholic...and the church accepts me for who I am and my life style

So how is that wrong?

Ok, so if you acknowledge the Bible you'll see that many times pockets of mistruths are common. Gnosticism and Legalism for example (which still exist today in similar forms). What was said about adding these beliefs with Christianity?

Now yes fornication is wrong in the eyes of God, as sex was intended for marriage. And Christianity isn't really starting to acknowledge marriage, rather churches are emerging that accept it. Or some Anglican/United denominations. But if God sets up His definition of marriage in Genesis, then is gay marriage seen as a marriage in His eyes? Or just in human eyes?

Again if we look at Paul or Job or Moses or Jeremiah or Jesus' disciples etc., there were many trials and tribulations they had to face. Many gave up what they had to follow Him. We are to expect challenges because perseverance produces faith and character. The focus is not happiness, but joy comes in the Lord, in truly seeking Him rather than the desires of the flesh.

I'm pointing out that even though forgiveness is there, it doesn't mean we should keep repeating the same sins either. Rather we should be trying to become more like Him. And yes I understand the difficult things in your past have influenced your future, but the point is you are viewing Christianity like a religion. It is not. It is a relationship with Jesus and His truth is not something we should pick and choose at, because truth is absolute.

I meant the Bible is still valid. The Bibliographical test highlights that. God is the same and how scary would it be if He decided to change? To say I don't want to love them anymore? But that is not in His character. His laws are also still valid. They haven't changed. That is why for non-believers they are under the law. The only difference is we are saved by grace, because of what Jesus did.

Yes, Catholicism and Christianity are different. I would say Christianity emerged through Judaism rather than Catholicism tho. But yes we are considered Protestants.

The point of this is not to question whether you are a Christian or not, because only your beliefs and relationship with God can determine that. But sometimes misconceptions can affect the relationship with God, theological concepts and even lead others to believe something that may not be true.
Axrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2018, 11:58 AM   #27
Naters2000
Junior Member+
 
Naters2000's Forum Picture
 
Name: Nate
Join Date: February 11, 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Hey, Iím gay and a Christian. For a lot of gay people though, religion became a weight of depression and feeling like youíre disobeying Godís law.
Naters2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 06:04 AM   #28
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axrow View Post
Ok, so if you acknowledge the Bible you'll see that many times pockets of mistruths are common. Gnosticism and Legalism for example (which still exist today in similar forms). What was said about adding these beliefs with Christianity?

Now yes fornication is wrong in the eyes of God, as sex was intended for marriage. And Christianity isn't really starting to acknowledge marriage, rather churches are emerging that accept it. Or some Anglican/United denominations. But if God sets up His definition of marriage in Genesis, then is gay marriage seen as a marriage in His eyes? Or just in human eyes?

Again if we look at Paul or Job or Moses or Jeremiah or Jesus' disciples etc., there were many trials and tribulations they had to face. Many gave up what they had to follow Him. We are to expect challenges because perseverance produces faith and character. The focus is not happiness, but joy comes in the Lord, in truly seeking Him rather than the desires of the flesh.

I'm pointing out that even though forgiveness is there, it doesn't mean we should keep repeating the same sins either. Rather we should be trying to become more like Him. And yes I understand the difficult things in your past have influenced your future, but the point is you are viewing Christianity like a religion. It is not. It is a relationship with Jesus and His truth is not something we should pick and choose at, because truth is absolute.

I meant the Bible is still valid. The Bibliographical test highlights that. God is the same and how scary would it be if He decided to change? To say I don't want to love them anymore? But that is not in His character. His laws are also still valid. They haven't changed. That is why for non-believers they are under the law. The only difference is we are saved by grace, because of what Jesus did.

Yes, Catholicism and Christianity are different. I would say Christianity emerged through Judaism rather than Catholicism tho. But yes we are considered Protestants.

The point of this is not to question whether you are a Christian or not, because only your beliefs and relationship with God can determine that. But sometimes misconceptions can affect the relationship with God, theological concepts and even lead others to believe something that may not be true.

Nobody gives or takes marriage in Heaven it is strictly and earthly band-aid concept on how to manage sin.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 06:15 AM   #29
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post
why is it ideal? why would it be lesser for those who are not married.
It is sinful in part because sexual activity holds a strong spiritual component to it which is meant to bridge the gap between the physical world and the spiritual world.

Fornication makes a mockery of a quick fleeting pleasure with disregard to the consequences and responsibility of possible emotional bonding and creation of offspring who nobody would love and nurture.

This was especially true in ancient times, before condoms and birth control.

But even to this day sex has become a status symbol for guys, a burden or struggle to us women, and from a spiritual standpoint it hinders growth of the family.


Also understand we pee out estrogen from birth control pills, allowing us to have raw sex relatively safely, but it does come at environmental cost as waste water treatment plants canít filter out the synthetic hormones.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 06:17 AM   #30
liberal raj
Member
 
liberal raj's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 23, 2017
Location: india
Gender: Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

religion is a machine used by the people of higher estate to dominate the people of lower estate and fulfill their selfish motives in the early times.till date it's used to keep people ignorant of the truth.....b/c conscious people has the ability to revolt against what's wrong.You can have faith in God but you maybe above all religions
liberal raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 07:56 AM   #31
hayley2003
Member++
 
hayley2003's Forum Picture
 
Name: Hayley
Join Date: September 9, 2017
Location: USA
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
It is sinful in part because sexual activity holds a strong spiritual component to it which is meant to bridge the gap between the physical world and the spiritual world.

Fornication makes a mockery of a quick fleeting pleasure with disregard to the consequences and responsibility of possible emotional bonding and creation of offspring who nobody would love and nurture.

This was especially true in ancient times, before condoms and birth control.

But even to this day sex has become a status symbol for guys, a burden or struggle to us women, and from a spiritual standpoint it hinders growth of the family.


Also understand we pee out estrogen from birth control pills, allowing us to have raw sex relatively safely, but it does come at environmental cost as waste water treatment plants canít filter out the synthetic hormones.
WOW, only married people can experience this?
hayley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2018, 09:33 PM   #32
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post
WOW, only married people can experience this?
Not necessarily there is a dogmatic view regarding what constitutes a marriage ceremony. Some of it is ritual and really isn’t a part of the faith, it’s more to do with earthly custom.

So if by marriage you mean the officially ceremony, and then sex....I don’t mean to communicate that.

But my post was meant to give an answer regarding the danger of a society to outright accept fornication as an idealistic principle and why it is sin.


PS: guilty of said sin.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2018, 07:54 PM   #33
Ethan19
Member+
 
Ethan19's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ethan
Join Date: January 31, 2018
Location: England
Gender: Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axrow View Post
Ok, so if you acknowledge the Bible you'll see that many times pockets of mistruths are common. Gnosticism and Legalism for example (which still exist today in similar forms). What was said about adding these beliefs with Christianity?

Now yes fornication is wrong in the eyes of God, as sex was intended for marriage. And Christianity isn't really starting to acknowledge marriage, rather churches are emerging that accept it. Or some Anglican/United denominations. But if God sets up His definition of marriage in Genesis, then is gay marriage seen as a marriage in His eyes? Or just in human eyes?

Again if we look at Paul or Job or Moses or Jeremiah or Jesus' disciples etc., there were many trials and tribulations they had to face. Many gave up what they had to follow Him. We are to expect challenges because perseverance produces faith and character. The focus is not happiness, but joy comes in the Lord, in truly seeking Him rather than the desires of the flesh.

I'm pointing out that even though forgiveness is there, it doesn't mean we should keep repeating the same sins either. Rather we should be trying to become more like Him. And yes I understand the difficult things in your past have influenced your future, but the point is you are viewing Christianity like a religion. It is not. It is a relationship with Jesus and His truth is not something we should pick and choose at, because truth is absolute.

I meant the Bible is still valid. The Bibliographical test highlights that. God is the same and how scary would it be if He decided to change? To say I don't want to love them anymore? But that is not in His character. His laws are also still valid. They haven't changed. That is why for non-believers they are under the law. The only difference is we are saved by grace, because of what Jesus did.

Yes, Catholicism and Christianity are different. I would say Christianity emerged through Judaism rather than Catholicism tho. But yes we are considered Protestants.

The point of this is not to question whether you are a Christian or not, because only your beliefs and relationship with God can determine that. But sometimes misconceptions can affect the relationship with God, theological concepts and even lead others to believe something that may not be true.
Ngl, there's a lot of shit in the bible that could be quoted to show how backwards it would be to take it word for word. I think the denominations you refer to were caused purely off of this fact. It's one's interpretation of what was written.
Ethan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 12:21 AM   #34
Agent X
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: August 29, 2016
Gender: Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

I think God intended man to marry woman, which is a fundamental theme expressed in many places through the Bible. The Bible also in many places condemns homosexuality. I personally believe that being homosexual is a sin in God's eyes, but I also think that God will forgive all sinners regardless as long as they are believers. In other words, one's sexuality is relatively irrelevant as long as one lives their life as a believer and holy life.
Agent X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:37 PM   #35
Just Tim
Nice Poster
 
Just Tim's Forum Picture
 
Name: Timothy
Join Date: December 6, 2017
Location: Neverland
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Sexuality and religion have nothing to do with each other. Figuring out you are attracted to the same gender doesnít mean you canít believe in god and follow Jesus Christ. I donít understand the question.
I think he means how some religious people view gay people as sinners and are against the lord.


JUST TIM
Also known as, the hash-slinging slasher


Just Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:39 PM   #36
Jaffe
Awesome Poster
 
Jaffe's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jaffe
Join Date: January 8, 2012
Gender: Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Definitely. There are christian congregations that accept gay people. They believe that the bible says to love everyone.. .without any conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axrow View Post
The goal isn't to live a happy life anyway, but to live a life that brings glory to God
If this is really the case... if we are not meant to be happy, no matter who we are, no matter who 'God' makes us ... then I think I will stay away from Christianity.

Last edited by Jaffe; March 22nd, 2018 at 09:43 PM.
Jaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 06:56 AM   #37
Axrow
Member
 
Axrow's Forum Picture
 
Name: Az
Join Date: December 2, 2017
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffe View Post
Definitely. There are christian congregations that accept gay people. They believe that the bible says to love everyone.. .without any conditions.



If this is really the case... if we are not meant to be happy, no matter who we are, no matter who 'God' makes us ... then I think I will stay away from Christianity.
Although taken out of context, the point of saying that was not to suggest we shouldn't be happy but to be wary of selfish attitudes.
Axrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 01:32 PM   #38
Zachary G
VT Lover
 
Zachary G's Forum Picture
 
Name: zacahary
Join Date: January 20, 2014
Location: Westminster
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeansLittleBro View Post
I am Gay and I am a Christian....God is presented as a loving God who loves everyone...that in itself to me means if I wasn't supposed to be gay then God would not have made me gay...simplistic, but how I feel
Couldnt have said it any better myself. I agree totally.

18/ M/ Gay/ nudist
Talk to or ask me about anything, anytime and I will reply.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." - FDR
Zachary G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2018, 11:53 AM   #39
Katie2003
Great Poster
 
Name: Katelynn
Join Date: May 22, 2018
Location: very small town in rural area
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

I believe you can. Everything I know about sexual orientation says that it is heavily influenced by genetics and that we are likely programmed at birth to be a specific sexual orientation. If you are religious and believe you were created, then accepting how you are shouldn't be an issue for anyone's religion to dictate. Diversity and acceptance seem the proper way for this to be handled.

I am openly bisexual, dating more girls than boys, yet I consider myself deeply religious and attend church every week with my family. No one that knows my sexuality has questioned it or mentioned that it could be inappropriate based upon religious beliefs. The mom of one of the girls I date the most and have sex with works in the church office and knows of our relationship and intimacy.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2018, 10:17 PM   #40
texan
Member
 
Name: Jordi
Join Date: March 26, 2018
Location: Texas, USA
Age: 14
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Sexuality and religion...

Depends.
A catholic, baptist, or possibly orthodox is probably going to disapprove of homosexuality.
Most other denominations will likely approve of it.
Iím a Methodist, out church is very pro homosexuality.
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org