Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2017, 09:37 PM   #21
teenboyNathan
Nice Poster
 
Name: Nathan
Join Date: October 25, 2015
Location: Kentucky
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

My picks:

Thursday

Bengals

Sunday

Ravens

Buccaneers

Steelers

Patriots

Chiefs

Jaguars

Cardinals

Panthers

Raiders

Chargers

Seahawks

Washington

Cowboys

Packers

Monday

Giants

PM me anytime for a chat

15|Straight-Curious|

Last edited by teenboyNathan; September 13th, 2017 at 09:40 PM.
teenboyNathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:05 AM   #22
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

@SethfromMI The total points is only for tie breaking purposes for that week's standing, as for doing a season long standing I haven't really thought about it, if you have a suggestion on how we could do it, let me know.

@teenboyNathan Total points for the Monday night game?

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything

Last edited by mattsmith48; September 14th, 2017 at 12:38 AM.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #23
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Bengals
Ravens
Buccaneers
Vikings
Patriots
Chiefs
Jaguars
Cardinals
Panthers
Raiders
Dolphins
Seahawks
Rams
Cowboys
Packers
Giants 40 pts

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything

Last edited by mattsmith48; September 14th, 2017 at 01:32 PM.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 12:53 PM   #24
Mrsaxoman
Member
 
Name: Nicholas
Join Date: September 21, 2014
Location: Washington
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Bengals
Ravens
Buccaneers
Steelers
Patriots
Chiefs
Jaguars
Panthers
Raiders
Chargers
Seahawks
Redskins
Cowboys
Packers
Lions (35 total points)
Mrsaxoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #25
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsaxoman View Post
Bengals
Ravens
Buccaneers
Steelers
Patriots
Chiefs
Jaguars
Panthers
Raiders
Chargers
Seahawks
Redskins
Cowboys
Packers
Lions (35 total points)
No picks for Cards @ Colts?

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 06:59 PM   #26
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
@SethfromMI The total points is only for tie breaking purposes for that week's standing, as for doing a season long standing I haven't really thought about it, if you have a suggestion on how we could do it, let me know.

@teenboyNathan Total points for the Monday night game?
It is simple and I will give you a practical example from the pool I am in. The pool has you choose the total points up for the final game (which for us and now the pool I am in is the Monday Night Football Game). For the first two weeks (week 1 did the Tennessee/Georgia Tech game for us) my point differential was a combined 48 points.

So if you say for this week a total of 38 points is going to be scored. if 45 points get scored, that's 7 points. if 35 points get scored that is 3 points (again the focus is not whether you were over or under, but what the difference was from what you said it would be.

So let's say it was 45 points and now you have a 7 point difference. Those 7 points would be added to the next week total point difference. so let's say it was 10. now it is 17. and then the next week there was a 21 difference, now it is 38 points.

Like I said, more than likely, we're probably going to get to a point where we all have a different Win amount (games we called correct) so it won't matter. The points though is to serve as a time breaker. Two of us had 9 wins last week. But, if I had a lower point differential, then that would put me in 2nd. Or the opposite, if mine was larger, I would be in 3rd.

The reason why we keep track of yours as well, is, if for some reason, you drop out of first, then your points could effect your standings if you were in a tie with someone else.

If you just want to do Wins and Losses and forget the point system, I am perfectly fine with that. The computer keeps track in the pool I am which certainly makes it no work for us.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:12 PM   #27
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
It is simple and I will give you a practical example from the pool I am in. The pool has you choose the total points up for the final game (which for us and now the pool I am in is the Monday Night Football Game). For the first two weeks (week 1 did the Tennessee/Georgia Tech game for us) my point differential was a combined 48 points.

So if you say for this week a total of 38 points is going to be scored. if 45 points get scored, that's 7 points. if 35 points get scored that is 3 points (again the focus is not whether you were over or under, but what the difference was from what you said it would be.

So let's say it was 45 points and now you have a 7 point difference. Those 7 points would be added to the next week total point difference. so let's say it was 10. now it is 17. and then the next week there was a 21 difference, now it is 38 points.

Like I said, more than likely, we're probably going to get to a point where we all have a different Win amount (games we called correct) so it won't matter. The points though is to serve as a time breaker. Two of us had 9 wins last week. But, if I had a lower point differential, then that would put me in 2nd. Or the opposite, if mine was larger, I would be in 3rd.

The reason why we keep track of yours as well, is, if for some reason, you drop out of first, then your points could effect your standings if you were in a tie with someone else.

If you just want to do Wins and Losses and forget the point system, I am perfectly fine with that. The computer keeps track in the pool I am which certainly makes it no work for us.
I think its gonna be easier to do just Win-losses and only use total points for weekly tie breaker, odds are not really high that after 17 weeks we have a tie for first. Its not like we are playing for money or anything. For the tie breaker if it comes I was thinking maybe change it to doesn't matter if its over or under but have under as the 2nd tie breaker if needed, so if the total is 35 two people have 3 points difference the one that pick 32 gets it

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
Likes: (1)
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #28
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
I think its gonna be easier to do just Win-losses and only use total points for weekly tie breaker, odds are not really high that after 17 weeks we have a tie for first. Its not like we are playing for money or anything. For the tie breaker if it comes I was thinking maybe change it to doesn't matter if its over or under but have under as the 2nd tie breaker if needed, so if the total is 35 two people have 3 points difference the one that pick 32 gets it
that sounds perfect. like you said, we're doing this for fun anyways so there is no need to over complicate this. we're we going to keep track of total wins and losses? I think we're on the same page there but just to make sure.

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:19 PM   #29
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethfromMI View Post
that sounds perfect. like you said, we're doing this for fun anyways so there is no need to over complicate this. we're we going to keep track of total wins and losses? I think we're on the same page there but just to make sure.
Yup I'll post it with the week standing following the Monday night game, or the next morning.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
Likes: (1)
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:25 PM   #30
Mrsaxoman
Member
 
Name: Nicholas
Join Date: September 21, 2014
Location: Washington
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
No picks for Cards @ Colts?
Yeah. Cardinals. Sorry, must have skipped over that one.
Mrsaxoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 10:22 PM   #31
teenboyNathan
Nice Poster
 
Name: Nathan
Join Date: October 25, 2015
Location: Kentucky
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
@SethfromMI The total points is only for tie breaking purposes for that week's standing, as for doing a season long standing I haven't really thought about it, if you have a suggestion on how we could do it, let me know.

@teenboyNathan Total points for the Monday night game?
45 points total

PM me anytime for a chat

15|Straight-Curious|
teenboyNathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 11:10 PM   #32
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Week 2 Standing
@Mrsaxoman 11 for 16
@SethfromMI 10 for 16 (4pts off)
@teenboyNathan 10 for 16 (11pts off)
@mattsmith48 9 for 16

Season Standing
@mattsmith48 21 for 31
@Mrsaxoman 20 for 31
@SethfromMI 19 for 30
@teenboyNathan 10 for 16

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
Likes: (2)
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 11:11 PM   #33
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Week 3 Schedule

Thursday

Rams @ 49ers

Sunday

Ravens @ Jaguars

Broncos @ Bills

Saints @ Panthers

Steelers @ Bears

Falcons @ Lions

Browns @ Colts

Buccs @ Vikings

Texans @ Patriots

Dolphins @ Jets

Giants @ Eagles

Seattle @ Titans

Bengals @ Packers

Chiefs @ Chargers

Raiders @ Washington

Monday

Cowboys @ Cards

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 05:55 PM   #34
SethfromMI
Legendary Member
 
SethfromMI's Forum Picture
 
Name: Seth
Join Date: October 10, 2014
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

hursday

Rams

Sunday

Ravens

Broncos

Panthers

Steelers

Falcons

Browns (thought it would be a long time before I picked the Browns over anyone)

Vikings

Patriots

Dolphins

Eagles

Titans

Packers

Chiefs

Raiders

Monday

Cowboys (41 points total)

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!


~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 06:42 PM   #35
Mrsaxoman
Member
 
Name: Nicholas
Join Date: September 21, 2014
Location: Washington
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Rams
Ravens
Broncos
Panthers
Steelers
Falcons
Colts
Vikings
Patriots
Dolphins
Eagles
Seahawks
Packers
Chiefs
Raiders
Cowboys (35 points)
Mrsaxoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 09:11 PM   #36
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Just a heads up before it happens if you want to change one of your predictions after you posted them can you either mention me or post it in another post. Just want to make sure I don't miss anything. Thank You

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 09:09 PM   #37
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Rams
Ravens
Broncos
Panthers
Steelers
Lions
Browns
Buccs
Patriots
Dolphins
Giants
Titans
Packers
Chiefs
Raiders
Cowboys (65 pts)

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 09:41 PM   #38
teenboyNathan
Nice Poster
 
Name: Nathan
Join Date: October 25, 2015
Location: Kentucky
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Rams
Ravens
Broncos
Panthers
Steelers
Falcons
Browns (never thought I'd pick the Browns to win a game)

Bucs
Patriots
Dolphins
Eagles
Seattle
Packers
Chiefs
Raiders
Cowboys (55 points total)

PM me anytime for a chat

15|Straight-Curious|
teenboyNathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #39
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Week 3 Standing
@SethfromMI 9 for 16 (4pts off)
@Mrsaxoman 9 for 16 (10pts off)
@teenboyNathan 7 for 16
@mattsmith48 6 for 16

Season Standing
@Mrsaxoman 29 for 47
@SethfromMI 28 for 46
@mattsmith48 27 for 47
@teenboyNathan 17 for 32

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
Likes: (1)
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:57 PM   #40
mattsmith48
VT Lover
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Weekly NFL Pool

Week 4 Schedule

Thursday

Bears @ Packers

Sunday

Saints @ Miami

Rams @ Cowboys

Jaguars @ Jets

Bills @ Falcons

Steelers @ Baltimore

Bengals @ Browns

Titans @ Texans

Lions @ Vikings

Panthers @ Patriots

49ers @ Cardinals

Eagles @ Chargers

Giants @ Bucs

Raiders @ Denver

Colts @ Seattle

Monday

Washington @ Chiefs

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org