Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 12th, 2019, 10:49 PM   #1
zztop21

Default Normalizing abuse

Over the course of the past few months I’ve been dealing with bullying at school, instead of telling anyone, I decided to fight it on my own which is obviously a bad idea. What started as verbal insults quickly turned violent as I had begun to get beat up for letting them continue their antics with no rebellion on my part. Desperate to stop the beatings, I begged with them to not hit me. Out of that came a desperate plea to my bullies, that I would be the school “nerd” instead of being hit. They agreed, instead of being hit, I would wear tighty whities and be subjected to wedgies and swirlys as a form of hullimiation instead of being hit. After this, I started to try and cope with this by saying I wanted to be this way. Unfortunately I was just rationalizing the mistake I was making. I’ve begun to realize that normalizing abuse is normal. It is not is any way healthy, but its what some of us do to cope with what is happening. But if you do normalize your abuse, you will end up stuck in a cycle like I am. Once that cycle is started it is very difficult to break. Don’t reason with your bullies, it will not ease any pain, just transfer it. For me, most of the physical pain is gone. But the hulimation is there, with being forced to wear the nerdy underwear, to the constant wedgies… if you reason with your bullies, this will happen to you too in one way or another
zztop21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:03 PM   #2
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Default Re: Normalizing abuse

Kick them in the balls. Report them on
the basis that whomever u tell- that u b
not known to the bullies. U should not b
subjected to humiliations. Can u find any
other student around that maybe can
spot for u. Give u some support.
ska8er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2019, 03:52 PM   #3
Chickene

Name: Osmosis Jones
Default Re: Normalizing abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska8er View Post
Kick them in the balls. Report them on
the basis that whomever u tell- that u b
not known to the bullies. U should not b
subjected to humiliations. Can u find any
other student around that maybe can
spot for u. Give u some support.
kick them in the balls? this is terrible advice. speak to an adult and do not start shit if you are physically outnumbered. you'll be glad you did when it comes down to your permanent record

Last edited by Chickene; March 4th, 2019 at 11:26 AM.
Chickene is offline   Reply With Quote