PS3 4 28.57%
XBOX 360 5 35.71%
Wii 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:25 AM   #1
cheetin

cheetin's Forum Picture

Default PS3-XBOX 360-Wii.

het everyone. i just got a new 40inch full hd tv and i was wonderin what i should get first PS3, XBOX 360 or Wii. i need ur votes

Change the file size up. i had to shrink this pic to put it in
cheetin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 06:30 PM   #2
0=
Gone...

0='s Forum Picture

Default Re: PS3-XBOX 360-Wii.

PS3 is an expensive Xbox 360 with a Blu Ray player. Xbox 360 is actually capable of better AI, PS3 and 360 have about the same graphics capabilities. The Wii should be picked up even if you get one of the others; it will have some very interesting exclusives over its life, and it's dirt cheap. It also has access to many old NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, MSX and Neo Geo games via download.
0= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 06:59 PM   #3
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

if you plan on using your console to the fullest (online play etc) the overall price of the 360 and ps3 are very close. some things that come standard with the ps3 you have to buy seperatly for the 360. the reason i bought a 360 was simply because i think the games they have out right now and games that will be coming out in the near future are better on the 360.
serial-thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 11:32 PM   #4
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

Definitely get a Wii first... It's the cheapest and has incredible play and replay values for every single game - since they all use the Wiimote's great features. Oh, plus, the Wii is awesome for an everyday accessory. The weather channel is beast - didn't think someone could dedicate so much to giving the weather (even including the UV index) in such an easy-to-use interface. The globe is awesome... You can look up weather in any place you choose, whether it be in the States, Kingdom, Canada, Austrailia - any place, really. It's so cool. And the news channel is just as great! I never knew how good it felt to know news before everyone else because of getting news updates before the press can get an article in the current paper. Kind of hard to explain, but it's still great. Oh, and surfing the web with the Wii is like the coolest experience you can have with the web - typing isn't that great, but clicking around is always fun

Anyway, point is, it won't blow all your money at once, so you can buy credits for the virtual console (to buy cool classics from NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and Turbo Grafx).

Wii

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Kiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 06:36 PM   #5
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Hi there, did you know that the PS3 is also a Blu-Ray DVD player? The graphics the machine produces are second to none, sure try it out yourself on our demo machine. The price you say? Think about it you are getting a fantastic gameing machine and also a Blu Ray DVD player, and when you buy it you get a €50 voucher off our 42inch television and a free blu-ray rental....

Ah yes I tried my best to boost our sales in work!

If I were you I would go for the Wii. I have one and they are great. They are cheap, in comparison to the alternatives, plus they are great craic when you have friends over.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #6
Ironic Infidel In England
Great Poster

Ironic Infidel In England's Forum Picture

craic?

Seven melons will fall from the sky, and prophesy unto the heathens, who will proclaim: "HOLY SHIT! Talking melons!"
Ironic Infidel In England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #7
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Sorry, its in an Irish word that is used commonly in sentences. It just means fun. I keep throwing it in posts here forgetting.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 07:44 AM   #8
Joe3140

PS3 can play in full uncompressed 1080p movies and games through HDMI cables and the other two can't. So you'll get the most out of your TV with a PS3. And I have one they're awesome.
Joe3140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #9
0=
Gone...

0='s Forum Picture

I have something else that costs 600 bucks and you can get a lot out of your tv with it, A DESKTOP COMPUTER!
0= is offline   Reply With Quote