Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 6th, 2018, 03:35 AM   #1
BunniBoi

Name: DeJohn
Default Idk if i have an disorder

I've been told that i have slight autism but my grandma denies it now. I've always had difficulty learning especially in math. I get mood swings. I zone out alot. Loud noises make me upset or they just give me a head ache. I often forget things. I also ramble alot. If i have a shirt with a pointed collar i usually play with it or i'll drag my nails lightly up and down the inside of my forearm which ig is stimulating?? I have low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression. Constantly feel like i don't fit in with anyone. I'm easily distracted. Not good at completing things. I get bored easily. When someone is talking to me it's hard to pay attention sometimes. I told my grandma i might have ADD or ADHD and she tells me that everyone has a bit of it and i find it unfair. I'm sorry if this sounds like i'm looking for attention or something and if it doesn't i'm sorry it's hard for me to open up.
BunniBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2018, 09:31 AM   #2
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn
Default Re: Idk if i have an disorder

There is a wide range on the autistic spectrum, and what you are describing about yourself covers a lot of things that many of us would say about ourselves. I could have written much of your description about myself, so I feel for you and know exactly how hard it is for you to talk about those things.

You can't diagnose yourself, it's something a lot of people try to do, but it doesn't work. You need to see a medical professional such as a doctor or psychologist who can figure out if you do have ADD/ADHD or any other issues.

If you do, there are meds that can help. I'm on meds for emotional issues and depression. They do help me feel better about myself and make it easier for me to function at school.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2018, 01:09 PM   #3
RyanIsGay24
Member++

RyanIsGay24's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

According to WebMD adhd is the most common match.

We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon
RyanIsGay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 04:06 PM   #4
citycanuck

Name: Kade

I think this is something that you need to speak to your doctor about, I'm assuming your grandmother isn't a medical professional. It's also sad to say, but there's lots of people who don't think mental health issues are a real thing or disease. Don't let her talk you into not getting some real help.
citycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote