Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 15th, 2015, 07:58 PM   #1
Ryanq512

Ryanq512's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan
Default My world changed around

So my entire life I have always been a quiet kid. Never talked much, didn't have a lot of friends, wasn't always the happiest person. I was always the quiet kid in school that didn't say anything in class and sat of to the side most of the time. Well in 6th grade I transferred schools. At my new school at met this kid. Me and him ended up becoming really good friends and would hang out often. Well at the end of that year I found out that he was moving to Florida and I wouldn't be seeing him again. Well that really got to me and caused me to become somewhat depressed and even less social. Throughout the rest of middle school I had a couple of friends but never really any close, true friends. I didn't actually enjoy hanging out with the people that I did in middle.

Well freshman year comes around and it's an opportunity for me to change things. Well me being my quiet self I screwed that chance up. I talked to many people but never really made any really friends. This never actually bothered me until sophomore year. I was actually ok with not having many friends. It wasn't until sophomore year when I met a freshman that was just like me that I realized how miserable I was and how much I longed for a friend. At this point I became really depressed and unhappy almost to the point where I thought about killing myself. Well anyway this freshman didn't really know anyone besides me and would always follow me around. Wherever I went he went. He was pretty much like my shadow.

Well if we go back to freshman year, at the start of the second semester a kid transferred into my class. When I first saw the kid there was some gut feeling that told me I should talk to this kid. Maybe it was because he was the size of a coxswain(person who steers the boat in rowing) and i thought he would be a good coxswain or something else, I don't know. All I know is something told me to talk to him. So I did. I went up to him said hi my name is ______. You ever thought about rowing. Right there at that moment is what started a major change of events in my life that wouldnt happen until the following year.

So go back to sophomore year. I again didn't really have many or any friends and I didn't really talk to the kid much because we didn't have many classes together or lunches. Well one morning before school I decided I would go down to the library with a kid I had just met. We go down there and he tells me that this is the group of friends he hangs out with in the morning who were sitting at a table. Well one of those kids was the kid from freshman year and 6 other people. From that day on I went down to the library every morning. We began talking more and becoming better friends. Well right before Christmas break there was a service trip that 4 of us decided to do. Well on that trip everything changed. Things made a turn for the best. The four of us all really bonded on that trip and became really good friends. Well me and the kid who transferred freshman year really seemed to bond on that trip.

After the trip I was texting the kid and was saying how fun the trip was and we should do it again next year. Then I was saying that we should hang out sometime and he said for me to come over that nite. So I did. Now this was my second time over and when I get there he wasn't even home and his parents had no idea I was coming. Well after that weekend we hung out every single weekend from then till about 3 weeks ago when we got busy with sports. And even with sports we will still hang out during schools days.

So basically during that time we became really close friends and even best friends. I have never had a closer friend in my life and same with him. Ever since we became friends I have been the happiest Ive ever been in a long time. He is someone I can trust and know will have my back. I can go to talk to him about anything. We have done so many things together in that short time like going car shopping and while shopping him getting into every car in the show room and turing the hazards on and yelling my name saying he broke down and needed help. We are both suffering injuries that has pulled us from our sports, well he was allowed to start playing again a couple of weeks ago. While he was out of his sport I was there to listen to him and let him talk about it or anything that was bothering him. I do wish I knew him like I do now earlier because he was bed ridden for two months and I wish I could have been there to keep him company so he wasn't bored. Now I go to his games to support him. Now whether he know it or not im there to support the kid and I am always looking to see how he is playing or what he needs to work on. Now yes I do a completely different sport but I work with his dad and him to see what he needs to work and and what I notice and I will help him train to work on those things, He does the same for me. He listens to what I have to say and gives advice for it. I am also reallly close to his family. His sister just acts like I am part of the family and will torture me just as much as she does him. I call his mom, mom. I can talk to his dad about anything. Whether it has to do with me and my personal issues or my concerns for his son. They really are like a second family to me. Friends are always coming up to me and saying how good of friends we are or that if one of us is around the other one is right there or close behind. There is actually one friend who is jealous of us. His sister has told me that I am gay for her brother.

Ok so this is getting long and I really haven't gotten to the point of all this. I just needed to say all that. There is so much more I could have and wanted to say but Im not gonna bore you guys with it. He really is the closest friend ive ever had and is a friend like no other. He has changed my entire life around in ways that he doesn't know and ways that I don't even know.

So anyway the whole point of this was for those of you who are quiet like me and not very social don't be afraid to get out there and say hi to someone. I know it might seem like the biggest deal in the world and the hardest thing but I promise you, you probably won't regret it. After all you may never know who you might meet. Look at my story. All because I said hi, I ended up meeting my best friend. Even if it isn't someone you think you would be friends with, still thing about it, I never imagined being friends with a kid like him and he ended up being my best friend.

Yes there may be times when you get turned down by that person but I promise you if you keep trying you end up finding someone you would like to become friends with. Mayvbe its not your best friend but its still a friend.

A TRUE bestfriend is hard to come by, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
Ryanq512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2015, 11:32 PM   #2
Ridonks_CB
Member++

Ridonks_CB's Forum Picture

Name: Crystal
Default Re: My world changed around

Very well said; I'm really glad you were able to reach out to someone
I can say I relate to you in many ways except that for me, though I was the quiet nerdy kid, I would tend to follow people in desperation for a close friend. Then when I got my first source of social media (gmail in 6th grade) I was only allowed to contact family then, so I added one of my cousins, we sent a couple emails, and now I'm happy to say she has become my very best friend in the entire universe and I love her dearly. Pretty amazing how a chain of events can come from a seemingly small gesture, huh

~If you ever need to just talk, I'm right here <3~

Repeat after me:
My body is not wrong, or ugly, too big or too thin, too pale or too dark, too broken or too strong. It is the vessel of a precious life and that is enough.

Ridonks_CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2015, 05:00 AM   #3
Mil1dreded

Well that was very uplifting I can relate while I'm not shy and find it easy enough to make conversation I had a kinda breakdown in college and missed a few months and my best friend ditched me because she didn't want to be dealing with depression since then I haven't really found any one I really connect with
Mil1dreded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2015, 08:52 AM   #4
Ridonks_CB
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil1dreded View Post
Well that was very uplifting I can relate while I'm not shy and find it easy enough to make conversation I had a kinda breakdown in college and missed a few months and my best friend ditched me because she didn't want to be dealing with depression since then I haven't really found any one I really connect with
I'm so sorry about that x (
I don't mean any offense here, but if she left you just like that to avoid an issue, I don't think she was he best for you. I know you'll be able to find someone else to connect to, and you have all of us to talk to anytime

Repeat after me:
My body is not wrong, or ugly, too big or too thin, too pale or too dark, too broken or too strong. It is the vessel of a precious life and that is enough.

Old April 16th, 2015, 10:57 AM   #5
Mil1dreded

Cheers and I know being around someone like her isn't great but we had everything in common and were romantically involved hit me hard but I'm fine kinda coasting along and thanks for offering to help
Mil1dreded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2015, 01:06 PM   #6
Ridonks_CB
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil1dreded View Post
Cheers and I know being around someone like her isn't great but we had everything in common and were romantically involved hit me hard but I'm fine kinda coasting along and thanks for offering to help
Of course ^^! I'm honoured to be able to be of any help

Repeat after me:

Old April 22nd, 2015, 04:38 AM   #7
KeeganW
Nice Poster

KeeganW's Forum Picture

Name: Keegan

That was a really cool thing to share, good for people who are shy to hear and I am really happy for you too.
KeeganW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2015, 07:15 PM   #8
dysterian

dysterian's Forum Picture

Name: Joey

Best friends are a blessing.
dysterian is offline   Reply With Quote