Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 11th, 2017, 04:36 PM   #1
Teenage_girl

Name: Millie
Default My backstabbing bestie???

Dont get me wrong I absolutely love my best friend to bits. Shes my rock but something is going on at the moment where shes generally not a nice person to be around. She makes out that Im stupid like Im not even smart enough for stuff, yet Im in the top grade for maths and shes in the bottom. She makes out that Im always doing something wrong. If I like a guy she wont let me like him because she will have a crush too 🙄 I really hope this is a phase because I dont want our relationship to break down. She recently moved house but now shes gone to see the head of our year at school because shes feeling stressed. She knows I moved two days before the new school year started and I had to collect all her stuff for her because she missed the first week of school because she was on holiday. Like I feel bad for saying this but its just my true feelings but I dont want to beat myself up about it. Am I the only one who feels like this 😭 she makes me feel like sh*t but I cant give up on her now 😭
Teenage_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 04:48 PM   #2
Sere
Member++

Sere's Forum Picture

Name: Sere
Default Re: My backstabbing bestie???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenage_girl View Post
Dont get me wrong I absolutely love my best friend to bits. Shes my rock but something is going on at the moment where shes generally not a nice person to be around. She makes out that Im stupid like Im not even smart enough for stuff, yet Im in the top grade for maths and shes in the bottom. She makes out that Im always doing something wrong. If I like a guy she wont let me like him because she will have a crush too 🙄 I really hope this is a phase because I dont want our relationship to break down. She recently moved house but now shes gone to see the head of our year at school because shes feeling stressed. She knows I moved two days before the new school year started and I had to collect all her stuff for her because she missed the first week of school because she was on holiday. Like I feel bad for saying this but its just my true feelings but I dont want to beat myself up about it. Am I the only one who feels like this 😭 she makes me feel like sh*t but I cant give up on her now 😭
I've felt like this plenty of times.
I think that she is just a bit jealous and insecure, that would explain why she tries to put you down and make fun of you.
If she keeps doing this you might need to distance yourself, really. And I'm oh so sure that the things she says aren't true about you!
Also welcome to VT! HMU if you need help or wanna talk

Hello I'm Sere
If you wanna talk or need help on anything at all,
hit me up!
I used to be hjhj
Sere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 05:38 PM   #3
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

I think she is jealous of u. I would
still b her friend but tell her that if
she is going to b so negative with u
then there will b no friendship. If she
continues then make friends with some
one new. She may just turn an about face
and treat u better. If not-then it is her loss.
Don't let anyone bring u down.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 11:26 AM   #4
Teenage_girl

Name: Millie

Thank you for all your lovely comments. I feel like this is a lovely place to connect with ppl my age x I agree entirely and I think I need to express my feelings more to her and tell her if shes affecting me negatively
Teenage_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 03:58 AM   #5
NewLeafsFan
Great Poster

Name: Cedrick

Your "best friend" is acting more like your harshest enemy. No one would want a best friend like that. For that reason I'm going to assume that you were best friends before she started acting like that. Call her, text her, meet with her and say that you've noticed a negative change in her behaviour and that you want to make sure that she's been ok. She will bitch about life for a while and ask what you mean by change in behaviour. That will give you a chance to sugar coat her terrible behaviour. She'll realize that her attitude change has been noticed and hopefully she'll grow up.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 05:52 PM   #6
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

You might want to just kind of ignore her and tell her to quit being so negative about things and you. You don't need the extra stress. I also agree that she is a bit jealous of you for some reason. Just hang in there and stand your ground and stick up for yourself. If she continues to treat you like crap then she isn't someone you need in your life.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is online now   Reply With Quote