Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 13th, 2017, 01:51 PM   #21
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

PlasmaHam's Forum Picture

Default Re: Hollywood moral fabric, young career pressure, wealth, and misogyny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
As for praising it, well I don't think anyone would publicly call dirty dealings and cheating as 'assertive, smart, clever.' When sportspeople cheat, we punish them. When businesses scam, we penalise them.
That's cute. Have fun with your idealistic world, but we are dealing with the real one.
Quote:
Once again, promiscuity and sexual immorality is not in any way a new phenomenon. Since the dawn of time, when humanity first experienced sex, they've been lying and cheating their way into getting it. Whether it's the ancient kings and their concubines, media execs with their mistresses, even hedonistic cults, people of great power will always use it for personal gain, whether financial or sexual. Hell, it's not even constrained to famous people. Normal men and women have affairs every day and even move onto marrying the person they had an affair with. Look at how Trump's first marriage fell apart and his subsequent marriage to Marla Maples.
So? That doesn't mean it is good, nor something that should be accepted by the general public. If you look back in history, even though the rich and powerful were adulterous, the public rarely praised that sorta thing, especially in Western Culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
How am I justifying cheating?
You are the one who said marriage should be abolished because humans are polygamous creatures. That alone seem like plenty of justification for cheating for me.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 03:13 PM   #22
mattsmith48
VT Lover

Name: matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
You are the one who said marriage should be abolished because humans are polygamous creatures. That alone seem like plenty of justification for cheating for me.
No I said marriage as become pointless in today's life other than for financial reasons.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 01:56 AM   #23
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
That's cute. Have fun with your idealistic world, but we are dealing with the real one.
So? That doesn't mean it is good, nor something that should be accepted by the general public. If you look back in history, even though the rich and powerful were adulterous, the public rarely praised that sorta thing, especially in Western Culture.

Hmm idk, many who have been the proverbial fly on the wall have heard younger and older males largely praising fellow males for their conquests with various girls they get with.

There certainly is truth to "locker room" talk as someone famous once said...
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 08:20 AM   #24
ShineintheDark
Nice Poster

Name: Magnus

Quote:
Hey I said 'publicly'. When these things go public they have no choice but to be punished for their actions. The issue is not us doing nothing when it becomes public, it's just how well these officials are good at covering their dirty dealings and paying people off to keep it that way.
Quote:
My point was never t say it was good, more just to counter your idea that Hollywood has entered a new world of unrivaled and unprecedented degeneracy.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #25
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
Hey I said 'publicly'. When these things go public they have no choice but to be punished for their actions. The issue is not us doing nothing when it becomes public, it's just how well these officials are good at covering their dirty dealings and paying people off to keep it that way.

My point was never t say it was good, more just to counter your idea that Hollywood has entered a new world of unrivaled and unprecedented degeneracy.
And to the first response are we resigned to it? To having no progress other than this.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote