Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Agnosticism 142 13.64%
Atheism 312 29.97%
Buddhism 12 1.15%
Christianity (Please Specify) 415 39.87%
Hinduism 9 0.86%
Islam 33 3.17%
Judaism 17 1.63%
Wicca 17 1.63%
Other (Please Specify) 84 8.07%
Voters: 1041. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #3021
Left Now
Awesome Poster
 
Left Now's Forum Picture
 
Name: Alireza
Join Date: April 16, 2013
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Of course it is your belief and i will respect it....

"People are asleep.When they die,they wake up."

~Ali Ibn Abi Talib~

Left Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #3022
TheRashad
Member
 
TheRashad's Forum Picture
 
Name: Muhammad
Join Date: April 26, 2013
Gender: Male
Default

I belive in Allah (God) as we call in In islam , I belive in that higher power that rules the world and control it , I belive in islam because it belives in other celestial religons and in islam you won't be a real muslim until you belive in all other prophets like Jesus christ and Moses and David ...etc and there books (bible and so ) my prophet Muhammad was a peace spreader and he never used war except when muslims were attacked and Muhammad was never agressive even he was forgiving his Jewish neighbour who was throwing rubbish in front of his house.
All the religions that say that there is one god (Allah) are true but yhey were modified by the religion men as in Christianity whrn the monks hid some verses of bible and never shared them and some modified them to be suitable for their desires.
I want to say, that islam is true religion that was never modified tell now and it is the religion of peace and forgiveness but some poeple dont understand it right and just use violence as a weapon to spread islam and this is very stupid and wrong
TheRashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:46 AM   #3023
Toogley Schmurp
New Member
 
Name: John
Join Date: March 13, 2013
Location: Sierra Nevada Region
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter_Steel View Post
So by that logic: I am weak minded, my family is weak minded and all my friends are weak minded?

Sorry for stepping on your toes here but. Are you out of your mind?! If you ask me, religion makes a mind strong and gives a person who sees they have no purpose in life a purpose. It gives hope to those that have none, and it brings people together.

I have common sense and decency. You clearly lack respect for other people's beliefs. If you ask me, atheists are the weak minded. 80% of all suicides in the world are done by people who don't have a religion.

Religion tells us that there is always hope and where there's a will there's a way. There's always a silver lining, and people are better off with it than without it if you ask me. It separates people? Sorry if I am wrong about this but... What separation has it caused? Sure Muslims and Christians hate eachother. But not all do. I have quite a few muslim friends who don't follow the laws in the Qur'an that talk about killing for the sake of Alla because our society today doesn't permit it.

My aunt is a Buddhist. And the rest of my family is Dutch Reformed.

We're all very strong people. So yeah, saying religion is for the weak minded is calling nearly half or more than half of the Earth's population weak minded.

~Hunter
Jeez, didn't need your life story there, but it appears it is a tad bit late for that. So anyway, you just supported my earlier comment by saying, religion makes a mind strong. By saying that you are implying that the person's mind was weak when they found religion. While the mind is weak it is easy to manipulate by authority figures, such as, oh I dunno... your precious little god, the christofascists ( if you don't understand what it means, don't come to false conclusions and use common sense), and the catholic church. But wait there's more! I declare shennagans on your false percentage!

I am the baddest of them all, if you ain't got money, I don't mess wit ya'll. If you think I don't get gurls, cuz i ain't very tall? Wait till she sees my stacks I bet you that she'd call.
-Krispy Kreme
Toogley Schmurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #3024
tundravortex
Awesome Poster
 
tundravortex's Forum Picture
 
Name: wisse
Join Date: August 30, 2012
Location: nys
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

im"iroquois indian"(Mohawk)

"i just dropped out of collage,lost my job and living in my parents house - i truly am the future of america" lol only joking
tundravortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #3025
chrisf55
Banned
 
Name: Chris
Join Date: March 20, 2013
Location: Louisville
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Personally, I am an Athiest. I choose not to believe in a God because I see it as an impossibility. I won't be one of those D-bag athiests that doesn't respect people's religions, but I don't think the same way. I do, however, go to a Christian church every now and then because I like it and there are a lot of good people there.
chrisf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #3026
randomnessqueen
Awesome Poster
 
randomnessqueen's Forum Picture
 
Name: emily
Join Date: October 30, 2011
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 17
Default Re: Religion

its only really abrahamic religions that critisize other religions.
dharmic religoins are more open, and its not uncommon for one to practise more than one because they only improve each other.
even sikh dharma, which is also monotheistic and has its own form of baptism, is completely excepting of other religious paths. and not in the liberal christian sense of 'you are wrong but i can accept you in spite of that', but rather see other religions as just other paths to god.

If you want to fly
all you need
is friendship
I love to make you smile smile smile :pinkiehappy:
randomnessqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #3027
mattywiz96
New Member
 
Name: matthew
Join Date: May 14, 2013
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

ive m a man of science with facts not myths sorry :p
mattywiz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:09 PM   #3028
Eddie.37
Nice Poster
 
Eddie.37's Forum Picture
 
Name: Edward
Join Date: September 3, 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 22
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Religion

I'm a baptized Catholic, but I stopped believing, and don't really practice anymore (unless it's those days when mom nags me to church)

Need someone to talk to?
Bored and don't know what to do?
Send me a message. I'd love to talk
Eddie.37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #3029
darthearth
Member++
 
Join Date: June 16, 2012
Location: Not here. Later :-)
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf55 View Post
Personally, I am an Athiest. I choose not to believe in a God because I see it as an impossibility. I won't be one of those D-bag athiests that doesn't respect people's religions, but I don't think the same way. I do, however, go to a Christian church every now and then because I like it and there are a lot of good people there.
How do you see it as an impossibility? I'm curious.

I think we are immortal spirits reading out the brain of the body and that we move on after this. I believe this way because I don't see how electromagnetic waves can become p-conscious. If there is spirit then it seems logical to have a "God" organizing things, but not necessarily micromanaging here in the physical world.
darthearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #3030
chrisf55
Banned
 
Name: Chris
Join Date: March 20, 2013
Location: Louisville
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthearth View Post
How do you see it as an impossibility? I'm curious.

I think we are immortal spirits reading out the brain of the body and that we move on after this. I believe this way because I don't see how electromagnetic waves can become p-conscious. If there is spirit then it seems logical to have a "God" organizing things, but not necessarily micromanaging here in the physical world.
I don't understand the question. I mean exactly what you read, I see it as an impossibility that there is a god that created all things because we know how things were created.
chrisf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #3031
chargersfan
Member
 
Name: Lukas
Join Date: November 21, 2010
Location: California
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf55 View Post
I don't understand the question. I mean exactly what you read, I see it as an impossibility that there is a god that created all things because we know how things were created.
I'm an atheist and you are wrong. We don't know how things were created (If you are talking about the Universe as a whole) But the reason I'm an atheist is
that I don't believe a God exists, but I don't believe a God exists, as apposed to me believing a God doesn't exist. The difference here is that the 2nd one makes a claim as appose to the first one doesn't. If somebody tells me a God exists, in order to verify it using proper verification methods, (Such as burden of proof)
you have to be able to prove that a God exists. Same thing with anything else such as if you wanted to make a claim that Bigfoot exists, you can't prove that he doesn't exist, but you can't prove that he exists either, therefore you don't believe he exists (I hope) because you have no such evidence to believe in such. I apply this same thing to God, a God may exist, it is possible, but I have no proof that one does exist, any even if one did exist, there is no way for me to know if it is a God of the mainstream religions (Such as Islam, or Christianity) a God of any sort of religion in human history, or a God of any religion that we know of at all. So I take the default position of not believing in any Gods until I get undisputed evidence. But you can't claim we know how everything was created, because we don't.

16/Gay

Feel free to hit me up.

Last edited by chargersfan; May 28th, 2013 at 12:09 AM.
chargersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #3032
chrisf55
Banned
 
Name: Chris
Join Date: March 20, 2013
Location: Louisville
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
I'm an atheist and you are wrong.
Typical way Athiests start a sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
We don't know how things were created (If you are talking about the Universe as a whole)
I wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
But the reason I'm an atheist is
Never asked you why, you responded to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
that I don't believe a God exists, but I don't believe a God exists, as apposed to me believing a God doesn't exist.
Wut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
The difference here is that the 2nd one makes a claim as appose to the first one doesn't.
Still wut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
If somebody tells me a God exists, in order to verify it using proper verification methods, (Such as burden of proof)you have to be able to prove that a God exists.
Or, you could just not be a jerk and let them believe a God exists, instead of asking for proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
Same thing with anything else such as if you wanted to make a claim that Bigfoot exists, you can't prove that he doesn't exist, but you can't prove that he exists either, therefore you don't believe he exists (I hope) because you have no such evidence to believe in such.
(I would probably understand you better if you used better grammar, and didn't make your sentences a complete mess.) You contradicted yourself in writing this, because if you can't prove that something exists, that's proof enough that it doesn't exist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
I apply this same thing to God, a God may exist, it is possible, but I have no proof that one does exist, any even if one did exist, there is no way for me to know if it is a God of the mainstream religions (Such as Islam, or Christianity) a God of any sort of religion in human history, or a God of any religion that we know of at all.
If you were able to receive proof that a God exists, (like you said you couldn't) you would also know which one it is, since the proof would provide enough information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
So I take the default position of not believing in any Gods until I get undisputed evidence.
You will never have undisputed evidence, so that's a strange reason for not believing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
But you can't claim we know how everything was created, because we don't.
If you'd look back on the post you quoted me on, you'd see that I never said 'Everything', I said 'things'. And by 'things', I mean theories like how our planet was formed, which I believe to be true because there is nothing to prove it wrong.

Last edited by chrisf55; May 28th, 2013 at 09:30 AM.
chrisf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #3033
chargersfan
Member
 
Name: Lukas
Join Date: November 21, 2010
Location: California
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

[QUOTE=chrisf55;2298838][QUOTE=chargersfan;2298796]I'm an atheist and you are wrong.
Typical way Athiests start a sentence.

[QUOTE=chargersfan;2298796]We don't know how things were created (If you are talking about the Universe as a whole)
I wasn't.

[QUOTE=chargersfan;2298796]But the reason I'm an atheist is
Never asked you why, you responded to me.

[QUOTE=chargersfan;2298796]that I don't believe a God exists, but I don't believe a God exists, as apposed to me believing a God doesn't exist.
Wut?

[QUOTE=chargersfan;2298796]The difference here is that the 2nd one makes a claim as appose to the first one doesn't.
Still wut.

[QUOTE=chargersfan;2298796]If somebody tells me a God exists, in order to verify it using proper verification methods, (Such as burden of proof)
you have to be able to prove that a God exists.
Or, you could just not be a jerk and let them believe a God exists, instead of asking for proof.

[QUOTE=chargersfan;2298796]Same thing with anything else such as if you wanted to make a claim that Bigfoot exists, you can't prove that he doesn't exist, but you can't prove that he exists either, therefore you don't believe he exists (I hope) because you have no such evidence to believe in such.[QUOTE]
(I would probably understand you better if you used better grammar, and didn't make your sentences a complete mess.) You contradicted yourself in writing this, because if you can't prove that something exists, that's proof enough that it doesn't exist.


[QUOTE=chargersfan;2298796]I apply this same thing to God, a God may exist, it is possible, but I have no proof that one does exist, any even if one did exist, there is no way for me to know if it is a God of the mainstream religions (Such as Islam, or Christianity) a God of any sort of religion in human history, or a God of any religion that we know of at all.[QUOTE]
If you were able to receive proof that a God exists, (like you said you couldn't) you would also know which one it is, since the proof would provide enough information.

[QUOTE=chargersfan;2298796]So I take the default position of not believing in any Gods until I get undisputed evidence.
Quote:
I don't see why you even said 'until' in this sentence, you will never have undisputed evidence. That's why religions are called beliefs, because you believe in them, not because there is undisputed evidence, but because you think it is right.


If you'd look back on the post you quoted me on, you'd see that I never said 'Everything', I said 'things'. And by 'things', I mean theories like how our planet was formed, which I believe to be true because there is nothing to prove it wrong.

Good job trying to correct me though.
I actually did say if you were referring to the Universe as a whole because I wasn't positive. And just because there is nothing to prove something wrong doesn't mean it's right as I explained in my last post. If you are talking about the Big Bang Theory or Evolution, a lot of Christians (Old-Earth Creationists) will tell you that it did happen but that God had it happen that way. I just say that there is no way to know that.

16/Gay

Feel free to hit me up.

Last edited by chargersfan; May 28th, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
chargersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #3034
Loreley
Member+
 
Loreley's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ιωάννα-Ioanna
Join Date: August 1, 2012
Location: Greece
Gender: Female
Default Re: Religion

I am an orthodox christian.

The proud heart, defeats the black darkness.
~Odysseas Elytis
Loreley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #3035
Caldwell
Junior Member+
 
Caldwell's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 10, 2013
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

I am an atheist because there is absolutely no reason to believe an all-powerful deity created the Universe. There just isn't. Religion and its roots clearly demonstrate that it's all a big scheme. It has devolved into nothing more but a ploy to obtain money. Even before that, it did nothing but cause unnecessary violence.

The fact that somebody can even convince themselves that there's such a thing as Satan, or Hell, or Heaven for that matter, is astounding. What is so hard to grasp about life? We are born, we live, and then our body stops functioning, then we die and aren't conscious anymore. There doesn't need to be a magical world that we get transported to forever after.

That said, perhaps there is some form of spiritual force in the universe, it's impossible to be certain. Then again, it's also impossible to be certain that there isn't a flying teacup orbiting the Earth that is invisible and completely undetectable. But I remain confident that we simply are, and that we were not created by a cosmic overlord who created a set of rules for us to follow, lest we burn in fire forever.
Caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #3036
chargersfan
Member
 
Name: Lukas
Join Date: November 21, 2010
Location: California
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldwell View Post
I am an atheist because there is absolutely no reason to believe an all-powerful deity created the Universe. There just isn't. Religion and its roots clearly demonstrate that it's all a big scheme. It has devolved into nothing more but a ploy to obtain money. Even before that, it did nothing but cause unnecessary violence.

The fact that somebody can even convince themselves that there's such a thing as Satan, or Hell, or Heaven for that matter, is astounding. What is so hard to grasp about life? We are born, we live, and then our body stops functioning, then we die and aren't conscious anymore. There doesn't need to be a magical world that we get transported to forever after.

That said, perhaps there is some form of spiritual force in the universe, it's impossible to be certain. Then again, it's also impossible to be certain that there isn't a flying teacup orbiting the Earth that is invisible and completely undetectable. But I remain confident that we simply are, and that we were not created by a cosmic overlord who created a set of rules for us to follow, lest we burn in fire forever.

Well said.

16/Gay

Feel free to hit me up.
chargersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #3037
superstarB
Nice Poster
 
superstarB's Forum Picture
 
Name: Brandon
Join Date: November 10, 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Just Christian (maybe Lutheran)

"Be the change you want to see in the world."


Bi/21

PM if you want im friendly
superstarB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM   #3038
PecorellaDP
New Member
 
PecorellaDP's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 2, 2013
Location: NC
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldwell View Post
I am an atheist because there is absolutely no reason to believe an all-powerful deity created the Universe. There just isn't. Religion and its roots clearly demonstrate that it's all a big scheme. It has devolved into nothing more but a ploy to obtain money. Even before that, it did nothing but cause unnecessary violence.

The fact that somebody can even convince themselves that there's such a thing as Satan, or Hell, or Heaven for that matter, is astounding. What is so hard to grasp about life? We are born, we live, and then our body stops functioning, then we die and aren't conscious anymore. There doesn't need to be a magical world that we get transported to forever after.

That said, perhaps there is some form of spiritual force in the universe, it's impossible to be certain. Then again, it's also impossible to be certain that there isn't a flying teacup orbiting the Earth that is invisible and completely undetectable. But I remain confident that we simply are, and that we were not created by a cosmic overlord who created a set of rules for us to follow, lest we burn in fire forever.
This pretty much sums up why I have become an Atheist. I find it silly that a God pretty much made this whole universe in 7 days. Also, I find it hard to believe that Earth is the only planet with life. There are millions and millions of galaxies, so how can there only be life here?
PecorellaDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3039
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends
 
Miserabilia's Forum Picture
 
Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Join Date: June 1, 2013
Location: my house basicly
Age: 19
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Religion

Before I start: if you are religious, I am not trying to insult you, I am simply stating why I MYSELF do not "beleive"
For me the world is just the world how I see it. In my imagination I can make many great thoughts for it, but in the end, its just the same old world. Everything makes sense, everything is put together in a logical way. But for me this does not mean there is a god.
For example: how did the universe come to existence?
Some say big bang, some say god. But isn't it just the same? Both the Big Bang and "gods creation" cannot be explained. Both leave me with the questions:
-Where did the big bang come from?
( If you answer "god' i can just say: )
-Where did "god" come from?
If you answer god didnt come from anywhere because time didnt exist yet, cant I say the same thing about the big bang?
The fact is that the creation or existence of our universe cant simply be explained.
I whould rather come up with some complicated solution that provides a different look on everything then just say `god` or `big bang` ya know?
Anyway, sorry for the long rant.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:09 PM   #3040
General Stark
New Member
 
Name: Jeremiah
Join Date: June 2, 2013
Location: United States
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

I am a Christian, and no specification needs to bee done. One is either a Christian or they aren't. Many claim to be Christians but don't understand what it really means to be one. Christians do, however, vary beliefs on certain theological issues, but that will not change rather they are or are not Christians.
I believe in Christianity because of what I consider to be overwhelming evidence that supports it. The biggest evidence of all is myself. Who I am. The way that I have changed because of my belief in Christ and my acceptance of Him being my Lord and Savior.
General Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org