Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 4th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #1
evodose

Name: e-vo
Default do you find being drunk?

always ends in some sort of self harm or do you do it sober too?

another thing my self harming always seems to bother other people more than it does me..

some girl in the pub last night realy got on my nerves and as i always do decided to take it out on myself and smash a pint glass over my own head..
i think i realy need to stop drinking as every time i do it turns into a self harming episode, ohhh and uhh i think i still have glass in there

Last edited by evodose; May 4th, 2009 at 02:27 PM.
evodose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #2
Miss Punk

Miss Punk's Forum Picture

Default Re: do you find being drunk?

I'm not sure if you're supposed to post pictures in this forum so you might want to take those down.
Miss Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

I would see a doctor, especially if you think there might be glass shards still in there. They can check and get them out if necessary. You don't have to tell them you did it to yourself (although I would recommend it), you can always just say you got in a fight. They don't have to know the fight was with yourself.

If you find yourself getting hurt like this when you get drunk, the obvious answer is to not get drunk. There's no need for it. Just because you can legally drink, doesn't mean you have to get drunk when you do. Go ahead and have a few beers with your friends, but watch our for yourself. Ask them to watch out for you too, keep you sober enough that you'll be safe. Alcohol is a depressant, that's part of why you feel like hell the next morning and probably part of why you seem to hurt yourself more when you drink.

You could even try going to AA meetings. I understand you're not an alcoholic just because you drink, but if you want to stop drinking it's a good place to go for support. You usually have to introduce yourself as, "Hi, my name is ____, and I'm an alcoholic," even if you don't think you are, but you can tell them your story and they'll help you out. People who go to AA meetings are notoriously friendly and supportive. They understand what alcohol can do to you, and want to help you get out of it. Some people keep going even after they manage to quit, just to help other people and keep getting the support that keeps them sober. I'd check it out.

Post-Script: I'm not entirely certain on the pics either, but since some people are squeamish, you might want to post links to them rather than the images themselves. I'm already contacting a mod of this section to merge your posts (please don't double-post in the future ), and I think I'll ask them to change the pics to links while I'm at it.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #4
cool person

Please take down the images. That is strictly against forum rules. You could get banned, or atleast have the thread closed.

Images like that can make people feel uncomfortable, or trigger them.

cool person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #5
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

Cool_person, please report the post rather than posting a complaint in the thread. It's ok to post a concern, but please don't respond unless you have something to contribute to the discussion.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #6
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster

Beautiful Obsession's Forum Picture

well ur not really suppose to have pictures of your self-harm on here, i know you wasnt doing it to break the rules but yanoo.

i relly would recomend you talk to someone about this because you could do some serious damage to yourself (more than you already have done) by smashin pint glasses over your head. also i would go to the doctors if you have glass stuck it your face.

you should proberally stop the amount of drinking you are doing to trigger off self-harmin. maybe just limit the amount you have. and i wud also suggest go to speak to a councler of someone to help you stop the harming

x
Beautiful Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #7
evodose

Name: e-vo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleidoscope Eyes View Post
I would see a doctor, especially if you think there might be glass shards still in there. They can check and get them out if necessary. You don't have to tell them you did it to yourself (although I would recommend it), you can always just say you got in a fight. They don't have to know the fight was with yourself.
thanks for the advice ill try take it into consideration, im sick of people asking whats happend to my face and having big ugly scars on my cheeks, i think i should just go to prison so im not smoking heroin and drinking all the time.. would probly be a good detox for me.. ahhh i dunooo wish god would help me be something instead of nothing..
evodose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #8
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Well, the solution isn't prison, you don't need to be punished (you're already doing that, without much success in changing the underlying issues). Rather, what you porbably need is some treatment and self control.

Get to a doctor who specializes in addiction, he can help you understand why you're in this self destructive cycle, and help you find the way out. In the meantime, I'd strongly recommend you stay away from the drink (and needless to add, heroin). You might need some medical detox (which can be assessed and perhaps accomplished as an out patient), along with some meds to ease the cravings.

You've recognized the problem, now take the steps to fix them.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:20 AM   #9
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

I find myself less able to resist the urges when I'm drunk, though most of my SI happens when I'm sober.

If you self harm everytime you get drunk then don't get drunk.
You can have a great time while being tipsy, sometimes better than being completely smashed.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote