Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Sasha M
Member++
 
Sasha M's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 19, 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 19
Gender: Transgender MtF*
Blog Entries: 8
Default No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Through very detailed talks with my Girlfriend, I've discovered she has no inner monologue AND no "minds eye". (Thinking in pictures.)
Please help?

Sasha

"My other camera is a Leica." - Me just now

Sasha M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #2
Hudor
Awesome Poster
 
Hudor's Forum Picture
 
Name: Aditya
Join Date: April 12, 2014
Location: On the only human-friendly planet in the Milky Way galaxy
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Hmmm. So who do you think is in more trouble?
Hudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #3
JamesSuperBoy
Awesome Poster
 
JamesSuperBoy's Forum Picture
 
Name: ^*~James~*^
Join Date: August 16, 2013
Location: *UK.~ SCOT.~
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Really not sure - why do think that is a problem??
JamesSuperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 08:25 AM   #4
Andriod09
Junior Member
 
Name: Andy
Join Date: November 19, 2013
Location: La Porte, Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Question, by inner monologue, are you talking about a conscience?


Anyway, other than that, (I extremely hate to use this phrase, but it fits so) some people are just born that way. There's no explaining what happened.

On a side note, I would be wary about it, due to the fact most crime offenders are people who have no conscience/minds' eye.
Andriod09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 12:34 PM   #5
Typhlosion
Fire-type Metalhead
 
Typhlosion's Forum Picture
 
Name: Alex
Join Date: December 18, 2013
Location: Brazil!
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andriod09 View Post
I would be wary about it, due to the fact most crime offenders are people who have no conscience/minds' eye.
That's a terrible thing to say! Not because one hasn't power to imagine imagery means that they'll be criminals!

On topic - I find it odd, but my mother also has the same problem. I wonder how memories are like.

Formerly at your service! ^^
Ex-GD Mod

Straight / Atheist / Metalhead / Right-wing / Aspie
Typhlosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 12:50 PM   #6
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat
 
CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture
 
Name: Joe
Join Date: July 21, 2013
Location: Yo mamas ass
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

What you have to know is that there is no wrong and write way for your brain to work, everyone's brain works in a slightly different way. Everyone has there own way of thinking and porccessing information.
I don't have an inner monologue ether, but I do have a minds eye.
For instance, I'm dyslexic, a part of my brain is different to a normal one, this means i think in a different way. I'm not saying your brain is miss formed. But you may have been taught yo think in an odd way

Provided it doesn't cause any problems I suppose it doesn't really matter how you think, I don't think in a normal way and it doesn't affect me. As Alex said I also wonder what a memory is like for you...?

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:18 PM   #7
Andriod09
Junior Member
 
Name: Andy
Join Date: November 19, 2013
Location: La Porte, Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Okay, so obviously somethings came across wrong. I was just trying to give a warning, as most of the time things like this leads to other thing.

Most criminals now adays don't have that conscience, and don't have an imagination.

I personally wouldn't mind not having one; its an evil, evil place.
Andriod09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 04:44 AM   #8
Silver700
Junior Member
 
Name: Kay
Join Date: February 28, 2014
Location: P.E.I, Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andriod09 View Post
Question, by inner monologue, are you talking about a conscience?


Anyway, other than that, (I extremely hate to use this phrase, but it fits so) some people are just born that way. There's no explaining what happened.

On a side note, I would be wary about it, due to the fact most crime offenders are people who have no conscience/minds' eye.
Be wary about it? Oh thanks, I feel so much better now, knowing that.
(I'm That_One_Guy's GF)
Silver700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #9
Andriod09
Junior Member
 
Name: Andy
Join Date: November 19, 2013
Location: La Porte, Texas
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Try reading this, and also take into concideration that I can't put words together like a normal person. I deal with autism and aspergers. >_>



Quote:
Originally Posted by Andriod09 View Post
Okay, so obviously somethings came across wrong. I was just trying to give a warning, as most of the time things like this leads to other thing.

Most criminals now adays don't have that conscience, and don't have an imagination.

I personally wouldn't mind not having one; its an evil, evil place.
Andriod09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #10
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends
 
Miserabilia's Forum Picture
 
Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Join Date: June 1, 2013
Location: my house basicly
Age: 19
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

That's impossible.
That would mean she is unable to think.
Every person has atleast one of the two,
she probably just has one of the two but can't explain it.
No minds eye would mean that she can't close her eyes and visualize something, which most people are capable of.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #11
RavleIncarnate
Nice Poster
 
RavleIncarnate's Forum Picture
 
Name: Danie
Join Date: December 18, 2013
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

I can viualize things with my eyes open, and I have regular and lengthy talks with myself, but I can't imagine not having these abilities. They are integral parts of my life, to the point where I would be lost without them.

Hi. I'm Daniel. PM or VM me. I got many social media links

I'm open to anything, be it questions or answers, or anything in between.

Why the name? Personal reasons. Ditto, motherfuckers.

RavleIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #12
Silver700
Junior Member
 
Name: Kay
Join Date: February 28, 2014
Location: P.E.I, Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesee View Post
That's impossible.
That would mean she is unable to think.
Every person has atleast one of the two,
she probably just has one of the two but can't explain it.
No minds eye would mean that she can't close her eyes and visualize something, which most people are capable of.
I am able to think, but to do that, I have to talk to myself out loud like im talking to someone. Like talking your thoughts. Its quite annoying buts its the only way I can think.
Silver700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #13
Silver700
Junior Member
 
Name: Kay
Join Date: February 28, 2014
Location: P.E.I, Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicNoodle View Post
What you have to know is that there is no wrong and write way for your brain to work, everyone's brain works in a slightly different way. Everyone has there own way of thinking and porccessing information.
I don't have an inner monologue ether, but I do have a minds eye.
For instance, I'm dyslexic, a part of my brain is different to a normal one, this means i think in a different way. I'm not saying your brain is miss formed. But you may have been taught yo think in an odd way

Provided it doesn't cause any problems I suppose it doesn't really matter how you think, I don't think in a normal way and it doesn't affect me. As Alex said I also wonder what a memory is like for you...?
A memory for me is just remembering what happened that time, but I can't actually picture it. Its hard to explain...
Silver700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 01:27 AM   #14
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends
 
Miserabilia's Forum Picture
 
Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Join Date: June 1, 2013
Location: my house basicly
Age: 19
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver700 View Post
I am able to think, but to do that, I have to talk to myself out loud like im talking to someone. Like talking your thoughts. Its quite annoying buts its the only way I can think.
Yes but can you visualize in your mind?

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 03:22 AM   #15
CharlieHorse
VT Lover
 
CharlieHorse's Forum Picture
 
Name: Charlie
Join Date: August 30, 2012
Location: The "Tech Capital of the World" which for some reason, still has shitty internet speeds
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

I drive myself crazy with my mind talk and imagination.
kinda sucks sometimes, but I wouldn't be me without them.

Hi everyone
Visit my diary The Everfree Forest
Ask me
Ask Charlie
CharlieHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #16
Silver700
Junior Member
 
Name: Kay
Join Date: February 28, 2014
Location: P.E.I, Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesee View Post
Yes but can you visualize in your mind?
No, I can't...
Silver700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #17
Silver700
Junior Member
 
Name: Kay
Join Date: February 28, 2014
Location: P.E.I, Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesee View Post
Yes but can you visualize in your mind?
No, I can't...
Silver700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #18
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends
 
Miserabilia's Forum Picture
 
Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Join Date: June 1, 2013
Location: my house basicly
Age: 19
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver700 View Post
No, I can't...
Mmm interesting/weird.
Well I guess it's different for everyone.
So you can't dream visualy either?

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #19
Silver700
Junior Member
 
Name: Kay
Join Date: February 28, 2014
Location: P.E.I, Canada
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesee View Post
Mmm interesting/weird.
Well I guess it's different for everyone.
So you can't dream visualy either?
I can, but everything is like a blur... I just can't picture stuff when I'm awake....its weird...
Silver700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 10:43 AM   #20
ViolinPro
Member
 
ViolinPro's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 15, 2007
Location: nether world citadel ♆
Gender: Female
Default Re: No inner voice and no "minds eye"!!!

Inner monologue as in thinking in words?
Actually when I think of something, I don't really think in words, or have some kind of a monologue going on. It's rather to difficult to explain but I think in feelings or some kind of pictures in my head hahaa. Practically in any situation.
People are different what do you expect. ))

Be the change you wish to see in the world! ❈

-----------------

VIOLINPRǾ

ViolinPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org