Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 4th, 2018, 10:53 PM   #1
gabbyboy

gabbyboy's Forum Picture

Name: gabriel
Default How to help my online gf with her family problems?

Iíve recently been going through a rough patch with my online girlfriend. Weíve been together for about three years now from a dating site called LoveMe. A couple of months ago, her family has moved in with her due to financial issues. Since theyíve been sharing the same roof, communication with her has been quite complicated.

Sheís been handling her family problems, and barely has time to contact me anymore. Iíve been worried about how things are going for her and was thinking of ways on how I could help her. Iíve offered to send her funds and things she and her family might need.

But I honestly feel like Iím not helping her out enough. Recently, Iíve been browsing through some plane tickets and I thought to myself if it would best to console her in person. I want to help her out in any way possible but what do you guys think I should do? Aside from traveling to see her, are there any other ways I can try out instead?

Iím open to any suggestions and advice you guys can give me, but my last option is definitely visiting her. I would usually talk to her about these kinds of things but she already has so much on her plate that I donít want to burden her even more. Please help me out guys, I feel like a sitting duck here.
gabbyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 12:53 AM   #2
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster

Name: Cedrick
Default Re: How to help my online gf with her family problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyboy View Post
Iíve recently been going through a rough patch with my online girlfriend. Weíve been together for about three years now from a dating site called LoveMe. A couple of months ago, her family has moved in with her due to financial issues. Since theyíve been sharing the same roof, communication with her has been quite complicated.

Sheís been handling her family problems, and barely has time to contact me anymore. Iíve been worried about how things are going for her and was thinking of ways on how I could help her. Iíve offered to send her funds and things she and her family might need.

But I honestly feel like Iím not helping her out enough. Recently, Iíve been browsing through some plane tickets and I thought to myself if it would best to console her in person. I want to help her out in any way possible but what do you guys think I should do? Aside from traveling to see her, are there any other ways I can try out instead?

Iím open to any suggestions and advice you guys can give me, but my last option is definitely visiting her. I would usually talk to her about these kinds of things but she already has so much on her plate that I donít want to burden her even more. Please help me out guys, I feel like a sitting duck here.
It sounds to me like you have put yourself in a very dangerous situation. While it is unlikely that this is a scam since you have 'been together' for 3 years and I'm assuming that you haven't sent money yet. You have put your heart on the line. The reason that I put "been together" in single quotations is because you haven't been together for 3 years. Dating online is not the same as dating in a normal relationship and I guarantee you that every psychologist on the planet agrees with me.

She isn't contacting you as much because she doesn't need you in her life. If she had nearly as many problems as you claim and was in need of comforting, she would be leaning on you right now; not distancing herself. This shows that she doesn't feel the same way about you as you do her. Sending money or visiting would be a complete waste of money. End this relationship before you loose more than 3 years of your time.

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote