Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 18th, 2019, 07:48 PM   #1
ItsJustSomeone

ItsJustSomeone's Forum Picture

Name: Winona Sylvie
Location: I live in Willy Wonka's factory. Perhaps I'll move into Neverland sometime.
Default I donít know what to do anymore

Iíve been depressed since... last August, perhaps. It started when someone important left my life (they werenít a great influence to begin with, but I was very attached to them). I thought I would be okay after that. I was not. It got worse during the holidaysó by that point, I was suicidal. I still am sometimes. Itís usually not as bad as it used to be. This weekend, the thoughts hit me pretty hard. Iíve been going to therapy, but it doesnít seem to help.

I know I should consider medication at this pointó but I really donít want to. Iíve heard the side effects. I donít want them. I wasnít always depressed, this isnít who I am. Iím afraid Iíll never find myself again. Iím losing hope in the idea of ever going back to my old life. Iím afraid my pain will last forever. I donít want to live this way. I donít want to die, but I donít want to live this way.

Iíve lost interest in art, which I used to love. I lost all my friends. I want new ones but itís too hard to try to maintain friendships at this point. Plus, most people think Iím weird. So, it isnít worth trying. I have good grades. I used to want to go to college. Now, I donít know what the future awaits me. I feel useless. I donít think I can amount to much of anything. I just feel so ugly and unwanted. And I hate living with these thoughts every day. I want my old self back. But, Iím not sure where I can even begin to find the courage to believe anything will get better. Because it hasnít.
ItsJustSomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 09:24 PM   #2
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Default Re: I donít know what to do anymore

U have too many negative thoughts
about urself. I would continue to go
to therapy and I hope u r telling ur
therapist everything that u just said
here. At this point I think u Need to
b on some medication to get u out of
this funk that u r in. I hope u will try
medication and forget about the side
effects. It cant b worse than how u r
feeling now.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 11:11 PM   #3
OwlBlue
Junior Member+

OwlBlue's Forum Picture

To be on some medication is not good i think because anti-depressants are usually prescribe won't cure you of your psychological hurt. It makes you feel any better at the time. Just my opinion. You have try to work on yourself everyday. Write about everything you're feeling in a diary maybe in order to to calm your mind and purify your thoughts. It's not magic that's sure but it can help you a little bit. It washes away gradually all the bad things inside of you. I guess it's very hard. If you want to cry, cry. If you want to scream, scream. Cure depression can take a long time anyway. You can always see a therapist if you need to talk about it.

My love Brendon who gave me permission to use his last pic. But only one. Goodbye blue locks of hair!

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic135295_8.gif
OwlBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 01:41 PM   #4
jenjen

Name: Jen

I was like this for a time and medication did not help. Im sorry you feeling this way. But getting out excerize , and doing stuff other than sitting thinking can help. But i know its hard it can get better though
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2019, 06:44 PM   #5
Glis25

Glis25's Forum Picture

Name: Sean

Please continue going to therapy, it may not seem like it helps but having someone to talk to about these things is something that youll miss if you stop going. Be sure to tell them about the things that you talked about in this post, and dont be afraid to ask for medication and talk to them about it. Be sure to exercise, go on walks, and eat right as it can be good for your mental health.

Hey!
Sean/17/ Bi-curious
I play video games all day. Recently I have been playing Overwatch, Smite, and Pokemon!
Feel free to add me to talk about anything
Glis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 05:26 PM   #6
Oscar2005
Great Poster

Name: Oscar

I guess therapy is the best solution. Medication might work, but if you dont cure the injury, the day you stop medication, your depression will come back.
I guess you should tell your therapist all you told us here

Good luck
Oscar2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2019, 10:09 AM   #7
bpk1234

The feelings of being unwanted and ugly are all in your head. Your not weird, you are YOURSELF and that's what makes you special. Please keep seeking professional help. You are on this planet for a reason.
bpk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2019, 09:37 PM   #8
rgconrad23

rgconrad23's Forum Picture

Name: Richard

Well, anyone that takes the initiative to expose their innermost thoughts to us on this forum should be applauded. I think you have created a cycle that continues to pull you down. I agree that you need to continue your therapy but I recommend that along with a diary you journal about what you like about yourself. Pick one thing each day. Also, write about what you used to like about yourself as well and aim to get that one thread of yourself back. Break that negative cycle and make it a routine to find, however small, that one positive thing and watch it start to grow. Also, surround yourself with people that support you. Being yourself and telling your story will attract folks that support you. You got this! Come back to update us please! Sending warm, loving thoughts and hugs your way!

"Why fit in when you were born to STANDOUT!"
- Dr. Seuss

15 - Male - Bi
Let's chat!
rgconrad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 05:42 AM   #9
Juliarules832
Great Poster

Juliarules832's Forum Picture

Name: Julia

If you ever need someone to talk to you can message me xoxo.

14 year old girl from Massachusetts. Feel free to message me or email me about anything!
Juliarules832 is online now   Reply With Quote