Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 9th, 2008, 11:09 PM   #1
ViciousScheme

ViciousScheme's Forum Picture

Name: Michael
Default Lonely

Hey, I dont understand, I have tons of friends, a good life, tons of material stuff, i even have my own computer, but i feel lonely and I feel like im going out of my mind because absolutely nobody understands me. I tried my mom but she doesnt understand, none of my friends understand. Help me, im going insane! I pondered suicide, realized that was out of question, so now im stuck with having a life with nothing to live for. Please, help.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway
ViciousScheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #2
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

thesphinx's Forum Picture

Default Re: Lonely

Well maybe you just need more to do, have any hobbies? sports or anything? doing physical things releases chemicals in your brain which makes you happy.

-former-Psychiatric Ward & Help and Advice Moderator
Need help? You can talk to me anytime.
[email protected]
http://a377.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a582553c18.jpg
-Michael
thesphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #3
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Hello I remember you. Welcome back to VT.

I agree with Miike. What exactly do your friends and family not understand about you?

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #4
ViciousScheme

Nothing, no sports cause im 13 and im 4"7' and 90 lbs. and cant run for shit. No hobbies besides from skating, and its winter. Tryd chocolate, but it doesnt seem to be working. I even lift weights!

-My family and friends do not understand what im going through, and how absolutely frustrating my life is, not to mention having a twisted teacher. She got kicked out for verbal abuse. Grades are slipping, all my parents care about is "hows the car" and "how much $ this month?" I bought my computer myself, luckily i got a job at a flower store owned by my friend's dad. They are slowly drifting apart, my dads going for material suff and my moms going for religion, they yell alot more and i can feel divorce coming on any day now. I dont want to have to carry this weight when im only 13

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

Last edited by ViciousScheme; February 9th, 2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Read Mavericks Post
Old February 9th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #5
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

Maybe you need to put yourself out there a little more try some new things.

[email protected]
-Michael
Old February 9th, 2008, 11:33 PM   #6
ViciousScheme

I guess, ill try for cross country maybe.

Old February 9th, 2008, 11:41 PM   #7
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

Good that's a start

[email protected]
-Michael
Old February 10th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #8
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousScheme View Post
-My family and friends do not understand what im going through, and how absolutely frustrating my life is, not to mention having a twisted teacher. She got kicked out for verbal abuse. Grades are slipping, all my parents care about is "hows the car" and "how much $ this month?" I bought my computer myself, luckily i got a job at a flower store owned by my friend's dad. They are slowly drifting apart, my dads going for material suff and my moms going for religion, they yell alot more and i can feel divorce coming on any day now. I dont want to have to carry this weight when im only 13
You can't control your parents, you can't control your family, or what they want to do. But you can control somewhat your life and how much you're exposed to what's going on with the troubles at home. The more you're around that unpleasant environment the worst you feel.

Try to find something to do that can take a portion out of the day to where you're out having fun and making friends with people instead of being around your parents. Your friends and hobbies can be an escape from all of this. It won't change the outcome of what might inevitably happen but at least you have the hobby (like cross country) and friends to fall back on. It won't fix everything but it makes dealing with the issues going on much easier.

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote