Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 13th, 2019, 11:24 PM   #1
danielmx

danielmx's Forum Picture

Name: Daniel
Unhappy What game has disappointed you the most?

Personally, i think that fallout 76 was terrible...
danielmx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2019, 11:38 PM   #2
hayley2003
Nice Poster

hayley2003's Forum Picture

Name: Hayley
Default Re: What game has disappointed you the most?

I love Portal, but don't like Portal 2 as much. I have to admit that Portal 2 is a good game, just not as good. Both are kinda old games.
hayley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 08:08 AM   #3
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

KOTOR 2. I have a love/hate relationship to that game. I love the concept, and enjoy the story and much of the gameplay, but it's so broken, and it shows that they had an unreasonable deadline when they made it.

You know that a movie is bad when one or more actors apologise for participating in it.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 09:34 AM   #4
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster

LiberalTurboprop's Forum Picture

Name: Connor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
KOTOR 2. I have a love/hate relationship to that game. I love the concept, and enjoy the story and much of the gameplay, but it's so broken, and it shows that they had an unreasonable deadline when they made it.
The Restored Content mod goes some way into making things a bit more complete and less confusing but the game is still kind of a mess. It's sad. That game has some great writing and atmosphere.

I don't really hype myself up for games and pick up most of mine months, if not a few years, after it was put out so I don't get disappointed that easily. That said, I was a little disappointed with Grand Theft Auto V. While it is an excellent game that I had a great time with, I kinda expect an awful lot from GTA (San Andreas and Vice City probably being my favourite games ever). And I think the world is absolutely stunning - no other game does the little details so well. It's an extraordinary technical achievement. But I just don't really want to replay it or mess around in it like I do in SA and VC. And the story just kinda grates on me. Like SA and VC have pretty silly stories that rip off a lot of movies but at least you know the characters and what they want and what's happening. GTA V's story is kinda just a mess to me and the characters, in an attempt to make it a bit more gritty and dramatic I guess, aren't as distinctive or memorable. The satire is also getting a bit too blatant and childish too. I really think the games benefit from looking back on a time period and satirising that rather than trying to satirise the modern day and just saying things like "social media friends aren't really your friends," "reality TV dumb" and having some straw feminists saying stuff.

Also, games that look cool but don't come to PC or take ages to get ported - *cough* Red Dead Redemption *cough*.

Last edited by LiberalTurboprop; April 14th, 2019 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Bit about games not coming to PC
LiberalTurboprop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 10:39 AM   #5
InternetTeen
Awesome Poster

Fifa 19. I enjoy it but it's too heavily focused on Ultimate Team as EA know that's what makes the most money. They need to put some time into Career Mode.
InternetTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 11:30 AM   #6
cozoe

Name: Zoe

Final Fantasy XIII
cozoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 11:32 AM   #7
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbsNotInteresting View Post
The Restored Content mod goes some way into making things a bit more complete and less confusing but the game is still kind of a mess. It's sad. That game has some great writing and atmosphere.
Yeah I've heard the mod made it a little bit better. However I'm not big on mods, and it's a shame to have to use mods for a game to work as it should have to begin with.

You know that a movie is bad when one or more actors apologise for participating in it.
Old April 14th, 2019, 02:51 PM   #8
ArfyMcPeesh
Member++

ArfyMcPeesh's Forum Picture

Name: Arfy

Yahtzee has disappointed me as I can’t roll a full house or large straight
ArfyMcPeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 03:03 PM   #9
Caycedilla
Awesome Poster

Caycedilla's Forum Picture

Name: Cayce

Super Mario Party for the Switch, to a small extent. It’s not really bad at all, but I was hoping for more actual game boards for the main game instead of a bunch of smaller game modes

I'd far rather be happy than right any day -Douglas Adams

17 - F - flag spinner, saber tosser, prop dancer
feel free to PM
Caycedilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 03:58 PM   #10
danielmx

danielmx's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caycedilla View Post
Super Mario Party for the Switch, to a small extent. Its not really bad at all, but I was hoping for more actual game boards for the main game instead of a bunch of smaller game modes
I agree. I've played the game, and it wasn't as good as i thought
Old April 14th, 2019, 05:58 PM   #11
Eddyrd

just cause 4...
Eddyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:10 PM   #12
danielmx

danielmx's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyrd View Post
just cause 4...

yeah, i played just cause 4 and it was a buggy mess
Old April 14th, 2019, 10:58 PM   #13
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster

Quote:
Yeah I've heard the mod made it a little bit better. However I'm not big on mods, and it's a shame to have to use mods for a game to work as it should have to begin with.
It's really worth giving it a go. I enjoyed the game more when I installed it. It's really only adding stuff back that's in the game's files. If you have the steam version, then all you should have to do is go to the workshop and subscribe to it. It would be the most popular mod of all time for that game.
Old April 14th, 2019, 11:00 PM   #14
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyrd View Post
just cause 4...
Just Cause 3 was disappointing tbh. Fantastic movement system but the game world seemed so small compared to 2 - and, more importantly, it was less varied (just beach town, regular town, same old base, mining area over again).
Old April 15th, 2019, 03:44 AM   #15
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbsNotInteresting View Post
It's really worth giving it a go. I enjoyed the game more when I installed it. It's really only adding stuff back that's in the game's files. If you have the steam version, then all you should have to do is go to the workshop and subscribe to it. It would be the most popular mod of all time for that game.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the tip.

Old April 15th, 2019, 05:54 AM   #16
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Quote:
The game was lackluster, in basic form it literally had me unlock all force lightning and blast my way through. The Restored content mod focused so much on upgrading your companions too.

Mass Effect 3. Andromeda I have not plaid yet. ME3 was fan servuce mostly and deviated too much from the already good gameplay and story of ME2.
GTA V is overhyped, I still sometimes boot up San Andreas or Vice City. Also among the Fallout games I plaid, Fallout 4 is great, but in my opinion has not lived up to the standards set by the first four main games. I wish someone made the cancelled Fallout 3 titled "Van Buren" instead of 76. That storyline has so much potential.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2019, 06:00 AM   #17
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
The game was lackluster, in basic form it literally had me unlock all force lightning and blast my way through. The Restored content mod focused so much on upgrading your companions too.
Force lightning was always my go-to power in both games, regardless of which path I chose. That and mind trick. That does sounds like an improvement though.

Old April 15th, 2019, 06:45 AM   #18
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Quote:
Force lightning was always my go-to power in both games, regardless of which path I chose. That and mind trick. That does sounds like an improvement though.
Yeah and there is more story regarding the companions. Also you get so much extra content and all the scrapped areas and missions.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2019, 06:49 AM   #19
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Yeah and there is more story regarding the companions. Also you get so much extra content and all the scrapped areas and missions.
Hm. Now I almost get tempted to give the mod a shot. Connor recommended to me as well. Maybe next time feel like playing it again.

Old April 15th, 2019, 12:51 PM   #20
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster

Quote:
The game was lackluster, in basic form it literally had me unlock all force lightning and blast my way through.
Quote:
Force Storm was insanely overpowered, especially if you were a high level and sunk a decent amount + had equipment that boosted Wisdom and Charisma (esp. if going grey or LS). I remember storming the Palace on Onderon and just spamming the crap out of it. Poor soldier mooks didn't stand a chance.

The mind trick has been one of my favourites to go for, especially for DS plays, for both KotOR 1 and 2. There's just so much mischief you can do with it.
Quote:
Jumping into the pit is a good idea. Get to ground faster that way.

Last edited by LiberalTurboprop; April 15th, 2019 at 12:56 PM.