Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 7th, 2019, 12:40 AM   #1
ProudThread598
Junior Member+

Name: Joe
Default School

TRIGGER WARNING

About an hour ago, I just found out that somebody at my school committed suicide. One thing I just realized is you truly can't understand the graveness of this situation until you know the person or even just work or learn in the same environment as them. The thing is they were practically bullied to death.
School is more like a prison than a facility dedicated to education. We're forced to follow a schedule that's the exact same every day, which I do admit is normal for work environments. However, we're supervised and prevented from showing almost any individuality at all, but that supervision apparently doesn't prevent people from fucking killing themselves, which should be the first priority. I really don't know what to think of this. The best thing I can pull out of this is to just try to prevent bullying and prevent people harming themselves because it just isn't fucking worth it.
ProudThread598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 04:27 AM   #2
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita
Default Re: School

This is awful, and I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now. I'm sorry to hear about this. Bullying is indeed a big problem, I don't know what makes so many people figure out they want to make others' lives miserable for no reason.

You know that a movie is bad when one or more actors apologise for participating in it.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 07:51 AM   #3
ska8er
Legendary Member

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Sorry to hear that and I hope there is a
grief period in ur school where u can open
up to each other and give support. That
goes with the teachers also. Im going
thru a grief period right now myself so I
know how difficult it is. There should b
a decent anti bullying program set up in
schools and followed through. A club or
committee should b formed with students
and teachers to reach out to anyone who
is bullied or has other problems. The best
advice would b to try and b nice to each
other and single out those who u c are
having these kind of problems and make
friends with and support them.
ska8er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 03:47 PM   #4
karacoustic
Awesome Poster

karacoustic's Forum Picture

Name: Kara

Sooooo sad. yea bullying is a big problem and i do struggle to understand why anyone may think it okay to just be mean and harrass someone day in and day out like it is a sport. Like... lives are seriously on the line! I hope your school uses this tragic event to make some changes to try to prevent it from happening again and change the culture? Again sorry to hear you are having to go through this. Hang in there.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
karacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:42 PM   #5
Zika
Awesome Poster

I'm so sorry for what you're going through and what your classmate must have endured.
I have no tolerance for bullying. In fact, I have a thread about it.
Some schools are addressing it, but many are not and in those schools, as in many workplaces, it's rampant.

I hope you find comfort connecting with friends who share you views on bullying. Maybe in the coming months you can take some action to address it in your school.

My thoughts are with you, your classmates and this boy's family.
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:42 PM   #6
desertlizard

Being someone that's experienced this sort of thing before, I completely understand. Unfortunately, school is more of a prison than a learning environment in many different ways. It wasn't intended to be that way, but because people abuse their right to be there, it has to be to keep other people safe. Bullying is an ongoing and destructive issue in schools. I'm sorry to hear that you and your classmates are having to go through these things. All that I can say is, take this experience, and try to make a difference wherever you can. If you see bullying of any sort, don't be afraid to intervene or report it! Do whatever you can to make sure it stops.

My thoughts are with you, your classmates, and the family of this boy who are having to go through this tragedy.
desertlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2019, 03:54 PM   #7
NoLimitGuy
Member+

Life is about fighting. Those who can't, die and that's how natural selection work... Don't pity dead, pity the living and even it's useless sometimes...
NoLimitGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2019, 04:05 PM   #8
Miss Equestrian

Bullying is not right in any setting and I hope your school handles the situation correctly by getting on top of it and advocating against it. I don't know if your school already has this set in place, but when I was in high school last year and the years before we had a Students Against Bullying Peer Support Group. It wasn't a group for just students getting bullied but for anyone that wanted to help. It didn't completely stop it, but it lessened it a lot at my school. The teachers and administration were all behind it and you would have been surprised the amount of students that joined it. I also hope that your school sets time that any student can seek counseling if they need it.
Miss Equestrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2019, 05:33 PM   #9
Davidos

Name: David

Bullying it's sucks but you should be strong im with u
Davidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2019, 01:14 PM   #10
Qulah

Qulah's Forum Picture

so sorry to hear about that. school is endless homework and stress
Qulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2019, 05:11 AM   #11
AussieNicholas

AussieNicholas's Forum Picture

Name: Nicholas

Unfortunately I hear about things like this all the time. A few years ago a girl from here in Melbourne committed suicide after years of bullying. She changed schools heaps of times but from what I heard none of them did anything.

I honestly feel sick every time I hear of something like this. I saw so many people break down during my last year of school just from the normal pressures. Why the hell do we have to make things worse by being cruel to each other?

I'm sorry that this kind of thing happened to someone you know and I think your way of handling this is great so far. When I think about kids who've killed themselves from bullying, I wonder if just having someone to support them might have made things better. You might change someone's life for the better just by being there for them. Good on you.

AussieNicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 06:00 PM   #12
danielmx

danielmx's Forum Picture

Name: Daniel

I understand you. Sometimes, school feels like hell... Nobody should have to go through this.
danielmx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 05:27 AM   #13
Cosmic_Solar

Cosmic_Solar's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin

TRIGGER WARNING

Same thing happened at my school a few years ago, unfortunately the school system is kinda fucked up these days. I've noticed that at my school there is so much dickheads that think they are entitled and think they can get away with shit.. whether is be bullying or talking shit to a teacher. Unfortunately, the teachers and the school act as if they are in denial about these things happening. They can only hide from reality for so long. That's just my opinion.

I'm very sorry this happened at your school.

I guess Im a little weird. I like to talk to trees and animals. Thats okay though; I have more fun than most people.
― Bob Ross

14-Straight-Curious-Feel free to DM or vent to. I really like listening and helping people.
Cosmic_Solar is offline   Reply With Quote