Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Where do you stand politically?
Right 4 16.00%
Moderate 5 20.00%
Extreme Left 3 12.00%
Left 4 16.00%
Extreme Right 1 4.00%
Fascist 2 8.00%
Anarchist 0 0%
Don't Care 5 20.00%
Don't Know 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 4th, 2006, 12:26 AM   #41
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Please do not Double post again!

Overall Unemployment Rate:
1996 5.4%
1997 4.9
1998 4.5
1999 4.2
2000 4.0
2001 4.7
2002 5.8
2003 6.0
2004 5.5

Jan. 5.7%
Feb. 5.8
March 5.4
April 4.9
May 4.9
June 5.0
July 5.0

Inflation Rate:
Clinton: about 2.8 3.0
Bush: 3.20

National Debt:
over 8 trillion dollars. no corporation has ever been worth that much, or in debt that much. Microsoft is only 90 billion dollar corporation. The united states GDP PPP is only 12 trillion. kinda sad.

You are basing your 99.9 percent chance on what? You have no proof.
I don't really like acupuncture.

social security is a failed system. Income tax is a failed system. There are other systems we should be using. Our government should reform. Majorly.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #42
Underage_Thinker
Awesome Poster

Underage_Thinker's Forum Picture

ya Dfsg if your going to say somthing make sure it's true

Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

︻┳═一
Underage_Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #43
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

oh yeah, i site facts, not things people lead me to think. I try not to get involved with other peoples opionions, and form my own based on what I think. I read the platforms of all the campains, the partys, I read the history of 20 years in each political party, the people leading it, the commities persweading it, the commities involved and supporting it. I have studied economics, government, politics, law. I have a degree in fitness and nutrition (sorry, I just love to point that out lol) and of course, I'm a member of the green and democratic party. SOOOO yeah, them be my credentials.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #44
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Quote:
i site facts
You do? I have yet to see one place cited.

Please offer me the website or governmental agency that gave you your data. I'd find more info if the debate merits more time... Also bear in mind that your info must not be from a biased source to carry any weight. I'm glad your michael moore picture didn't load correctly. I can't believe anyone listens to him at all.

As for your Microsoft analogy, of course Microsoft isn't in 8 trillion dollars of debt. Yet, most corporations run on worse of a deficit than the US based on percentage. It is a good thing, and drives our economy well. Alexander Hamilton called our national debt a blessing.

My statistics come from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, as well as the New York Stock Exchange website- nyse.com. They are certainly not things people lead me to think. The liberal parites are so messed up that it's a joke. The only Democrat I trust today is Joe Liberman. He is the picture of how our country should work. Under Democratic presidents, republicans generally work with the democrats to better our country. Under Republican presidents, Democrats do EVERYTHING in their power to sabotage this country and undermine the president. Case in point- the Alito nomination. If Bush could pass everything he is trying, we'd be much better off.

At least we both agree about Social Security- it's about time to give myself the right to handle my own retirement. I trust my money skills more than the government's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------
As for my double post, it was simply to keep my two topics of conversation seperate. Just think of it as a reply to another topic, which is perfectly allowed by the rules. I find it convenient when topics of debate have become as diverse as this topic has.

Which leads me to your hope for stem cells to cure you. Find me one case in history where the medical companies cured a disease without taking advantage of those being cured.

The FDA attacks every attempt to cure someting naturally or with eastern medicine. They pass any drug that will make billions of dollars in profits for drug companies. Congressmen and women even have stock in these companies... It's such a sick system. Look at the Vioxx scandle. We KNOW it causes heart problems, such as increased risk for heart disease and rhabdomyolysis (muscle cell death). Yet, it makes so much money that FDA officials voted nearly unanimously to keep it on the market. Doctors get cuts for selling you drugs... And none of them cure anything. Our medical system is so messed up!

Stem Cells are just another disaster waiting to happen. How do you think you are going to get them to fix your neuropathy?

I have one associate with neuropathy who is having great successes with acupuncture. I'd look up more about how it is cured naturally, but I'm sure you wouldn't heed any of my advice...

If you double post again, I'll have to report it, don't make me do that, its such a small offense, but its not necessary, notice how I did the dotted line, try something like that from now on. please. thanx. ~kolte

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Dfsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #45
Underage_Thinker
Awesome Poster

Here are two of my sources.
U.S. Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Public Debt. I would say those are objective sources if you ask me.

︻┳═一
Old February 5th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #46
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

I use the CIA world fact book, the U.S. department of Labor, department of treasry, etc. I use most sites like that, Only the one picture was from MM site, and it was a picture of George Bush's face made out of lost troops, I thought it was a good burn.

Old February 5th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #47
Underage_Thinker
Awesome Poster

Here is the pic i think ur talking about

︻┳═一
Old February 5th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #48
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

yeah, but the one I had was the whole face. that ones good too.

Old February 5th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #49
Underage_Thinker
Awesome Poster

Ya i Have you heard of the crawford peace house. It's asome, i have been their.

︻┳═一
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #50
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Is that one of the Cindy Sheehan houses? I wish that woman would respect her son's death as a patriotic sacrifice... Funny how she's become a voice of the Democratic party.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

Old February 6th, 2006, 01:31 AM   #51
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

never heard of it. I think that anybody who died in the war in Iraq died because they fought for a war started under false pretensis, and that they died for nothing. we could have been more democratic with Iraq, and tried to ease them into democrocy.

Old February 6th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #52
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

No reason? Why did nearly 100% of congress vote to go to war? Why, when a vote was put forth a few months ago to withdraw, did very few democrats vote yes?

What false pretenses?

Old February 6th, 2006, 09:04 PM   #53
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

"They have weapons of mass distruction!"

thats called untrue....thats a false pretense.

Old February 6th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #54
Underage_Thinker
Awesome Poster

False pretences b/c bush said that they had weapons of mass destruction when they didn't.

︻┳═一
Old February 7th, 2006, 05:19 PM   #55
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

We didn't go to Iraq for WMD. We went to free people from an oppressive regime that was heavily vested in terrorism. Their evil leader systematically killed hundreds of thousands of Kurds and made Shi'ite Muslims live in terror.

I thought liberals were supposed to be the compassionate party. Think of the tens of millions of people who lived (and still live) in fear of death because of their beliefs?

Most American soldiers after coming home from Iraq know that they made a big difference. Since Saddam was taken out of office, schools have been built, power reserves have been distributed fairly, money has been put into building employment offices, firetrucks, sewage systems, and many of the basic things we take for granted. Soldiers are mobbed by children and locals who cheer them on and even stoop down to kiss their feet. This happens even in the Sunni Triangle!

90% of Iraqis love America. It is the 10% of radicals that kill Americans and Iraqis alike so they can get their 72 virgins and endless praise in heaven that make Iraq still unstable.

Did you know that there are 19 provinces in Iraq, and each now has it's own governing council voted by equal delegations of the area's ethnic/religous backgrounds? Did you know that America has built 200 schools in Iraq? Did you know that America has helped close the gender gap by training women and men alike to use Computers to help them propel into this century?

But it's all about WMD. Yes, that's right. Ask the millions of Kurds who were gassed with weapons that Saddam "Doesn't Have" if he has WMD. Ask the US Troops who were shot at with Scud Missiles (something else that Saddam "Didn't have") Ask Democratic senators John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Dick Durban, John Edwards, and almost every other senator if they thought Saddam had WMD before 2001. They all said yes, and that he must be stopped. Garbage trucks were found fleeing Iraq with all sorts of things headed to Syria, including most of Saddam's Gold reserves. It would have been simple to move them. Thousands of tons of nuclear materials were found, as well as canisters for nerve gas, and components of many devistating weapons.

But yeah, Bush is doing a terrible thing saving all those millions of men, woman, and children from oppression AND stopping Iraqi support of terrorists who would kill you and your parents without a second thought.

Old February 7th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #56
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfsg
We didn't go to Iraq for WMD. We went to free people from an oppressive regime that was heavily vested in terrorism.
but you did. that was one of the arguments the allies made for invading Iraq. Saddam was in posestion of WMD, and that he posed a threat. it may not be the only reason but nevertheless is was a reason.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #57
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

It's just stating that they aren't false pretenses. The major goal of going to Iraq was to destroy an evil dictator and Iraqi support of terror.

Old February 7th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #58
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfsg
We didn't go to Iraq for WMD. We went to free people from an oppressive regime that was heavily vested in terrorism.
but you did. that was one of the arguments the allies made for invading Iraq. Saddam was in posestion of WMD, and that he posed a threat. it may not be the only reason but nevertheless is was a reason.
after no WMD's were found, the was was named Operation Iraqi Liberation, after about a week with that name, it was changed to operation Iraqi freedom because OIL is the initals of opertion iraqi liberation. (tehe) The gender gap in Iraq was the smallest in the middle east, not to mention Iraq was one of the most democratic, wealthy, stable countries in the middle east. Thats right, you don't hear that often, but look it up some time, I dare you, you will find Iraq is a wonderful county, under the dictation of a horrible administration. its true many people were killed in Iraq by the government, and thats wrong, but to say that we went to free the people, is a lie, we went to do somthing else. remember the huge scandel in the whitehouse, that withen days was changed into the CIA thing. George Bush knew about things he did not share with congress, he KNEW information tidbits that nobody else knew, things that we don't know, and he didnt share them. If we would have seen this information would we have still gone to war? i dont know. Not to mention the UN told us not to go to war. We attacked a soverign nation. under false pretenses. I'm gonna cut it off there, cuz I have urgent business.

~kolte

Old February 7th, 2006, 08:55 PM   #59
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Are you talking about the CIA thing involving the leaking of the name of a non- covert operative of the CIA? The name of a person that could be found on the internet, who worked in a small sattalite part of the CIA? No law was broken, and Scooter Libby will be found innocent. It's a minor issue that the libs have been blowing out of proportion. The prosecuter can't even prove the Scooter Libby even leaked the name, covert operative or not.

In Iraq, WMDs were found, and were used. You call a country stable when it has 3 waring groups? When one of the groups gains power and murders the others in genocide with chemical weapons (WMDs) is it stable? It was a wealthy nation where all of the wealth was held by a select few, and the rest lived in squaller. There are many more stable countries than Iraq. Try The UAE for instance. Why do Iraqis celebrate the US arrival? Why are there pictures of parties in the streets with huge applause as Americans drive down the road in tanks?

And women were better off in the old regime? Even if they were better treated in Iraq than, say, Syria, they were still denied basic human rights and were treated more as objects than people with rights.

Would Iraq be better off with Saddam still in power?

If you think we went to Iraq for oil- Show me that oil. It's about a dollar a gallon in Iraq, and $2.15 here. What oil did we steal? We didn't take a drop! In fact, we saved it from radical burnings so the other locals can have it and build an economy off of it.

If you think we went to Iraq for Halliburton, did you know that Clinton gave them a no-bid contract with his insurgency into all the problems in the balkans? They are just the company this country trusts.

Old February 7th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #60
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

do i think we went to iraq for oil? did i say I did. no.

would iraq be better off with saddam? time will only tell. but I think no.

in raq, wmd's were found, and were used.......don't make me slap you, people havent been filling your head with such bull shit have they, becase No NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO weapons of mass destruction were found, in your face. and if you they they were, show me the proof.

yes women were bettter off, they didnt have to wear the things over there faces, they had.....*drumroll* equal rights.

no I'm not talking aobut the CIA leak bull shit. I'm talking about bush lying aabout Iraq when he knew they didnt ahve weapons of mass distruction and he knew that osama bin laden was not in iraq. because, and call mme crazy but, I think this all started because Osama bomed new york, we attack afghanistan, and then all the sudden Iraq?????? riiiiiiiiight.