Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 28th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #1
mynameisjane
Member++

mynameisjane's Forum Picture

Question Stubble

so i've recently started shaving my pubes and i get the bumps but i'm trying to get my skin used to it so no problem. but then when the hairs start growing back i have a problem with stubble. it hurts so much to shave it off that i can never get it all and i end up with a bunch of cuts. is this suppose to happen?
mynameisjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #2
DestroyTheFuture
Member++

Default Re: stubble

yes, i am a guy, but i shave occasionally, and im pretty sure that human's hair is human's hair...

anyways, let it grow to a quarter inch before you shave again. the hairs are too short to shave when they are stubble, so when you do shave them, you either cut your skin because you shaved your actual skin, or because the hairs are so short, that in fact, you pull the hairs around when the razor goes over them, and then your skin gets irritated.

basically, let them get longer before you shave. i personally care a lot if a girl is shaved (im for it) and thats a big thing for me, because i get turned off if she doesnt/isnt shaved. but, if the hairs are just 1/4 inch, i dont really care because its still not very noticeable.

We can always live the world backwards
Venture onward and DESTROY THE FUTURE
We can always fight the new ideas
Put you hood on, we'll go back in time
DestroyTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #3
ThatCanadianGuy
Awesome Poster

ThatCanadianGuy's Forum Picture

Name: James

Maybe it would be easier to just go get a "bikini wax" or something like that. Even get the "do it yourself" kits you can use at home (how embarrasing can it be when you go to have it done?). Of course, pouring hot wax on your skin and ripping your hair out from the roots may sting (okay, maybe more than stings) but at least you WILL NOT itch or have irritated skin untill the roots grow back in (well your skin may be tender for a couple of days after you wax).
ThatCanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #4
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCanadianGuy View Post
Maybe it would be easier to just go get a "bikini wax" or something like that. Even get the "do it yourself" kits you can use at home (how embarrasing can it be when you go to have it done?). Of course, pouring hot wax on your skin and ripping your hair out from the roots may sting (okay, maybe more than stings) but at least you WILL NOT itch or have irritated skin untill the roots grow back in (well your skin may be tender for a couple of days after you wax).
A professional salonist told me a story about that. She knew a person who tried a do-it-yourself wax kit with her face and she heated the wax up too hot and spilled it while she was trying to put it on. She had a red, burnt streak across her face

For your safety, have someone else help you or skip waxing kits!

I agree with DestroyTheFuture
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #5
mynameisjane
Member++

i tried to wax myself. it hurt. a lot. and and i couldnt get it all out. and to get it done professionally is about $20. but my problem is stubble. i dont mind the bumps because if you shave enough, it should stop doing that. my problem is that i cant shave the stubble without putting cuts all over my skin. i dont get this problem anywhere else. and i dont have this problem when i'm shaving if off after its grown out.
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #6
Look whos here!
Junior Member+

look at DestryTheFutures Post...LEAVE THE STUBBLE! dont shave till about 1/4 in.

Ride the pig!!!!!!!!!!
Look whos here! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:50 PM   #7
DestroyTheFuture
Member++

haha yes thank you for acknowledging...

but, also, shave downward (with the grain of the hair) too. it wont cut your hair as sharply or as short, but it wont cut your skin, and if it even does, your shaving wrong and it wont cut as bad.

We can always live the world backwards
Venture onward and DESTROY THE FUTURE
We can always fight the new ideas
Put you hood on, we'll go back in time
DestroyTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #8
mynameisjane
Member++

thank you!
Old June 4th, 2007, 02:39 PM   #9
brittbritt12

that happens to me too.it hurts REALLY BAD!!!!!!!! i just wait until its kinda long.
brittbritt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM   #10
pretty_in_pink

Ur skin is most delicate by ur pubic hair if u shave there more than once every 3 monthes cosistetly, YOU WILL TEAR THE SKIN!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/200.gifPretty in Pink! U should see me in polka dots!
pretty_in_pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 02:05 PM   #11
Serenity
Banned

Name: Valerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyTheFuture View Post
but, also, shave downward (with the grain of the hair) too. it wont cut your hair as sharply or as short, but it wont cut your skin, and if it even does, your shaving wrong and it wont cut as bad.
Agreed.

And pretty_in_pink, I disagree- I've been shaving consistently for a lot longer than 3 months and I'm doing just fine
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #12
moonlight walks

hey i shaved before and i was scared to do it so i looked it up on google XD and i found out that shaving the way your hairs grow is alot safer and easier... like down towards your feet...and i found that didnt hurt me....but yeah w8 untill your hairs grow a lil longer
moonlight walks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #13
ArtistInNeed
Member++

ArtistInNeed's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

yea its supposed to happen, the red bumps are mostly ingrown hairs. Use lemon juice to prevent them after shaving

I wish everything could be wonderful again.
ArtistInNeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:26 AM   #14
mynameisjane
Member++

i've been shaving consistently now and i havent got red bumps in forever. i guess your skin just has to get used to it. i also shave in the opposite direction.
Old September 9th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #15
close
Junior Member+

Default Re: Stubble

bikini waxes are good idea buT shoud be done by a profesional
close is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #16
mynameisjane
Member++

they're also not worth buying on a regular basis and hurt really badly.
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:57 AM   #17
RaisingSand
Awesome Poster

Name: Lauren.

Another alternative to waxing and shaving is using hair removal cream (such as VEET hair removal cream, also comes with moisturiser), it doesn't irritate or inflame the skin down there as badly as shaving or waxing does, and that's what I've been using to get rid of my "down there" hair in like, forever. XD

~~ LAUREN ~~

A word is just a word, until you mean what you say. And love isn't love until you give it away ... shine a light, send it on.
RaisingSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #18
ThatCanadianGuy
Awesome Poster

ThatCanadianGuy's Forum Picture

Name: James

Um is VEET supposed to be used on your genitals? 'Cause I found out that you SHOULD NOT use that Nair stuff "down there" because it will really irritate your skin (since it's so sensitive down there) and I found this out from their official website. But does VEET recommend it? I would like to try this (just for the hell of it) but I don't want it to burn!

Also, (jane) if you're worried about leaving the hair to grow (like they said, 1/4 before shaving again), don't sweat it. Even guys that are adamantly stuck on shaved "areas" (that is, they only like it shaved) should be fine with the hair just growing back. I mean, I wouldn't mind at all, I just don't like the hair to be really long. In fact, I'd rather it be "intermediate" than totally shaved, since it looks prepubescent to me and almost feels creepy to like that. But yeah!... wow did I just use "intermediate" to describe hair length! I'm stupid....
ThatCanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #19
RaisingSand
Awesome Poster

Name: Lauren.

Well, it was suggested to me by my doctor to use hair removal cream when I was having the same issues with shaving as Jane is ... the stuff for sensitive skin is really good, but you don't use it on the area around your labia etc, you just shave that bit, and use the hair removal cream on the bit above, which for me, was the area irritated by shaving. :/

~~ LAUREN ~~

A word is just a word, until you mean what you say. And love isn't love until you give it away ... shine a light, send it on.
RaisingSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #20
mynameisjane
Member++

i just got some and used it this weekend on my legs and its really thick and hard to rinse out and you have to get it all out or you'll burn your skin. its pretty much the same stuff as nair only you have to scrape off the hair. and i guess i didnt get it all out because the next day i looked at my legs and i had little red specks so that freaked me out, i'll never use that stuff again. i think shavings the best. it really irritated my skin at first but after a month or so of consecutive shaving everytime stubble comes up, through the nicks and bumps, your skin gets used to it. its a little pain for a month but your skin will be used to it for as long as you keep shaving.

even though no one sees, i like to keep shaved just because it just looks cleaner and neater and not like i'm hiding a monster in my underwear. its unlady-like to be hairy.
and i dont think guys should shave because i dont think its very manly. guys are suppose to be a little animal-like, a little rough around the edges. but just a little, i like clean shaven faces and neat, clean hair.