Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 3rd, 2015, 12:35 AM   #1
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Contamination fear?

So I SORT OF have OCD (I have not been diagnosed directly, just told I have tendencies)

One of my biggest problems is contamination fear

I'm always afraid to clean my room, or go through stuff because I fear I might find a dead bug/cockroach infestation/mold/etc

I get panic attacks at the sight of bugs

Contaminated food is immediately dumped

I can only drink water from special cups, and I get anxiety if it isn't filtered

Showers never feel helpful, I always feel gross

Everything is kinda nasty, and I just quietly live in misery in my filth because it's too draining and overwhelming to fix

You know how some people who have OCD clean everything a billion times a day? I can't- I'm beyond that

I'd love to, but I can't

Any tips on how to deal with this? I had to deal with a mini maggot infestation today, and I nearly lost it >_<

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 03:59 AM   #2
James Dean
Rebel

James Dean's Forum Picture

Name: Charles
Default Re: Contamination fear?

Have you tried wearing gloves? If there were roaches or rats in my room, I would like for them to be gone and find out the source and probably not leave food in my room.

I noticed I would leave a bag of trash in my room and I would get pests so I try to not have any type of trash, especially food trash in my room for longer than two days.

Maybe get yourself a bottle or a cup that has a lid for if you drink and set it down, you won't get any extra ingredients in your beverage.

VM
PM

"You could stop at five or six stores, or just one."
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 09:08 PM   #3
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Re: Contamination fear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CELT View Post
Have you tried wearing gloves? If there were roaches or rats in my room, I would like for them to be gone and find out the source and probably not leave food in my room.

I noticed I would leave a bag of trash in my room and I would get pests so I try to not have any type of trash, especially food trash in my room for longer than two days.

Maybe get yourself a bottle or a cup that has a lid for if you drink and set it down, you won't get any extra ingredients in your beverage.
We have weird weather and our house isn't built right, so it's not entirely in the realm of my control

I try not to wear gloves on a constant basis as I feel it's regression. I also try to limit repetitive cleanliness routines. Shorten my showers to bare minimum.

I actually use plastic bags to cover my cups XD

Thanks for replying

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote