Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 29th, 2015, 02:54 PM   #1
Implicit

Default Unable to control my "negative thoughts

Usually i just feel normal like not sad but not happy just so-so. Then i start getting these negative thoughts in my head and i just snap. I start to think more and more about the bad things and honestly i just feel like dying at this point. I try to talk to my dad about it but he just doesn't care and he laughs and teases me when i get this way and that just makes it worse. I feel like i can't contol myself and i hate it. I just want to be happy or at least not always feeling so negative...And trust me, it is not normal for me to break so easily like this. Every day im criticized and brutally yelled at by my dad and usually i just brush it off.
Implicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Vermilion
Awesome Poster

Vermilion's Forum Picture

Name: ....
Default Re: Unable to control my "negative thoughts

I think you could do with therapy, just to get everything of your chest. I'm sorry your dad isn't supportive of you. If you can break your problems into different parts I'm sure everyone on here will do there best to help you.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2015, 01:07 PM   #3
caffeine

caffeine's Forum Picture

Default Re: Unable to control my "negative thoughts

I recommend you to re-think those thoughts, i mean, analyzing them, you can write them if you need to, and it helps. It actually helps because you realise how subjective they are, and how wrong are from reality. When you are thinking, these negative comments just flow and if you let them flow it is going to get worse. Analyzing the thoughts, asking yourself if they are really the truth, or just an opinion that isn't even a fact, helps to control bad thoughts, I promise. Try to be more realistic. Instead of thinking "i'm not going to pass this test, i'm not worth it, everyone is talking about me, etc" -that aren't objective thoughts, you can't prove those awful things, and they are not going to help you- try to think a bit more optimistic.
A pessimistic point of view leads to depression, and it's not worth it.
caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote