Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #1
mynameisjane
Member++

mynameisjane's Forum Picture

Default Scientific Discoveries of the Holocaust

the research done in concentration camps during the holocaust resulted in many scientific discoveries, but it was made illegal to let the public know what discoveries were made. they said people would use the discoveries to justify the holocaust. do you think thats right?
mynameisjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #2
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Default Re: scientific discoveries of the holocaust

No. I think the Holocaust is something everybody should learn about. And with scientific studies thing, we learn from our mistakes, so why don't we learn as much as we can?

I don't think it would glorify the deed at all - we'd just be learning the science behind it and different things that we may need to know/interesting...
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #3
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Unless the cure for the common cold, cancer, world hunger solved and while we are at it world peace were all sorted, nothing could justify the holocaust. So might as well say what they discovered. Although I am guessing we are dealing with countries like Austria here and they just want to forgot the whole thing.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:10 AM   #4
Hyper
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar View Post
Unless the cure for the common cold, cancer, world hunger solved and while we are at it world peace were all sorted, nothing could justify the holocaust. So might as well say what they discovered. Although I am guessing we are dealing with countries like Austria here and they just want to forgot the whole thing.
If I had a choice to kill a child to cure cancer, I wouldn't do it. You can't measure life no matter what they discoverd

But I think it should be made public, atleast you could easily see who is an extremist fuck

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:40 AM   #5
Booman5
Junior Member+

Booman5's Forum Picture

I certainly believe that the holocaust was a travesty, a horrible horrible slaughter that could never be justified. But if the information they gained could help save someones life, not letting them know it is, in itself, an act of murder in a way.
Booman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 09:43 AM   #6
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

But through using the research they could be unintentionally sending out the message to people that its alright to do harm to others if the reward at the end is great...Just a thought

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:07 PM   #7
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tortured Beauty~ View Post
But through using the research they could be unintentionally sending out the message to people that its alright to do harm to others if the reward at the end is great...Just a thought
It's plain that those people are fucked up - society or friends should help that person or convince that person, or at least tell that person that they disagree with their ideas and why.

True, that might happen and some poor folks will, but if the cause outweighs the consequence, then what's wrong with that?
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #8
Camazotz
Seor Waddles

Camazotz's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I dont think that tragedy could ever be justified. Unless it says something like they were protecting themselves against a larger force(VERY unlikely),then it would only be justified a little. But never full justified.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ
~Laura was here~
Camazotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:07 AM   #9
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

considering were talking about HORRIBLE acts of human cruelty
where people were literally strapped naked to beds and sliced open with no sedatives or pain killers of any kind
while there chests were literally sawed open and organs examined and studied

I have no problem with them keeping it secret

I have no problem with everything the Nazis did being brought to light
what they did....

"During Hitler’s fascist Third Reich, the Nazis annihilated approximately 11 million innocent Europeans, including 6 million Jews. "

"What we rarely recollect are these victims, and the grotesque details of Nazi medical experiments performed on them: the eyeball injections, the pressure chambers, the sterilizations, the extreme-cold endurance tests, the futile and often frivolous dissections, the castrations."

A full record of what happened should be kept of what happened
but I dont think anything the assholes could use to even dare attempting to justify it with should be let out

not to mention it will just make modern societys feel extremly guilty that possibly major pieces of modern medicine are derived from unspeakable acts of torture on the innocent

♫♪Κodie♪♫

Last edited by Whisper; July 10th, 2007 at 04:11 AM.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #10
Ventrue

Justified? Who justifies something. Were any of you back there or are you relying on texts and facts that have been rewritten dozens of times? I'm not saying the Holocaust was a good thing, but please think about this. "The victor writes the histories". You've all been brought up, told, that the holocaust was evil. What if Germany had won. Would the holocaust still be a taboo, evil subject?
You cannot seek to justify something before your time. Also as to the medicine tests thing. (don't hate me) "Even in the darkness a light shines". Perhaps they did make significant discoveries. Maybe the surgical techniques we use today to save lives was used to torture people. Is that good or bad.
The Holocaust was good and bad. Depends how you look at it. It happened. Try to justify it all you want, it still happened. Good resulted from it no matter how much you are disgusted with the idea.
I understand that this is a touchy subject and try not to hate me but there you have it. The holocaust was both good and bad. Do not dwell on the past, proceed to the future.
Good day to you all.
Ventrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #11
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
If I had a choice to kill a child to cure cancer, I wouldn't do it. You can't measure life no matter what they discoverd

But I think it should be made public, atleast you could easily see who is an extremist fuck
you wouldnt kill one person to save millions? strange.... anyway i agree that we have the right to know, even if it may seem hard to accept that alot of things we know today about the human body are because of nazi cruelty.
serial-thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #12
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

I understand that history is written by the victorious
But theres noway you could sugar coat what they did

Weither we won or not murdering 11 million innocent people...
I honestly cant even grasp that
I mean 11 MILLION innocent men women and children tortured, experimented on and murdered in cold blood...I cant even fathom that...can you? I mean I understand it, I can grasp it on a smaller scale....but 11 million

Thats inhuman
When you can do that
Your no longer human
your a monster simple as that

Besides they didnt win, we did

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #13
slut bunwullah

slut bunwullah's Forum Picture

Hitler was was a Megolomaniac and a Hypocrit.

But also, he was one of the Antichrists
slut bunwullah is offline   Reply With Quote