Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old January 14th, 2006, 06:54 PM   #1
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster

Default DXM

Well, this is my second topic in the Drug Abuse section and this one involves the abuse of Dextromethorphan (DXM). It is one (if not, in some cases, the only) active ingredient in Robitussin, Wal-tussin, Coricidin Cold and Cough, etc... basically in any cough medicine. In high doses, it is supposed to induce a state much more "effective" and powerful than LSD. It is more for experimental use, not suitable for constant abuse (if there is such a drug). There are four "plateaus" that you can reach by consuming more DXM. 4th plateau trips can lead to psychotic breaks and/or extremely experiences. Does anybody have ANY inofrmation on this? any experiences that should discourage me and anyone else who reads this?

PhD student - Organic Chemistry

I don't read an entire thread before I respond; I try to answer the question quickly and concisely.
Old January 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #2
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

I don't think its a good idea to use DXM. It can cause lots of problems and repeated use may cause damage to your liver.

Josh

Old January 14th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #3
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

In enough rapid doses it can cause extreme mental trauma, which may lead to dementia. Trust me, you should stay off of it whenever possible

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Old January 15th, 2006, 02:51 AM   #4
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster

Yeah, I've read that it kills a good deal of brain cells. I'm not sure about the liver damage, though. I'm certain that abusing any drug can damage your liver with constant abuse, but DXM is not such a big deal (compared to acetaminophen). I might try it once and gather some self-meaning. Its supposed to be very spiritual and insightful... Kiros, have you done DXM or what? BTW, whats a counselor? Is that like way way powerful?

I don't read an entire thread before I respond; I try to answer the question quickly and concisely.
Old November 24th, 2006, 07:20 AM   #5
JoshDude
Awesome Poster

JoshDude's Forum Picture

Default Re: DXM

One of the most dangerous drugs in the whole world. Ultimately powerful in high dosage causing extreme trauma and even death.
Old November 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #6
R3aLiZe

R3aLiZe's Forum Picture

my friend took them druing school 9 to be exact and he said he had really blurry vision and his body felt heavy he said it was mad fun and everything seemed like an anventure he didnt hullucinate and hes tried lsd to it wasnt hes first time ccc but i wouldnt recommend it
Old November 24th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #7
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster

Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture

I had a friend who took robitussin who had a very bad trip. He had a headache, he couldn't sleep, and he said he was just miserable. I Don't condole drug use, but this one you should stay away from. Cough meddicine isn't supposed to get you high, it's supposed to make you feel better.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Old November 25th, 2006, 03:50 AM   #8
Skhorpion
Awesome Poster

DXM is so far my absolute favorite drug. Ive done second and third plateau. DXM is considered a disassociative and you can tell once you get into the higher plateaus. Second plat was like my body felt really light, vision was somewhat blurred but if i concentrate on something i could unblur it. I went to my friends house and generally had a good time. Balance was less than perfect . Third plateau is one you dont want anyone around on. Walking was almost impossible. I felt really detached from my body. Although putting on headphones and listening to lamb of god was like ultimate bliss. When i closed my eyes I had closed eye visuals. I cant comment on it killing brain cells but even after using it a couple times I dont feel dumber or anything, I can still make logical thought. If its something you want to try just once then theres really no risk. Lethal dose is somewhere way up around 1.5g. For a first time, depending on your weight, i recommend around 300mg. PM me if you want more info.

All is fair in love and war.
Old November 25th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #9
BillyWitchDoctor.com
Great Poster

BillyWitchDoctor.com's Forum Picture

i plan to stay away from those drugs in which u can have a "bad trip" . its just not worth it in my idea. its funny but also kinda scary, this story that my friend told me: his older brother had some people over and one of them decided to take some shrooms (he's the only one that took them) and he had a bad trip. He actually thought he was in an oven and was gonna die, and then they realized that his body temp was actually rising so he ran out in the snow to try and cool off and came inside and stripped naked and laid in bed as they told him that he should just try and calm down and cool off.
Old November 26th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #10
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

you can have a bad trip on pretty much every single drug known to man.
Old November 30th, 2006, 07:13 PM   #11
BillyWitchDoctor.com
Great Poster

BillyWitchDoctor.com's Forum Picture

u cant really have a bad trip on weed. maybe some bad things will happen due to the fact taht you're high ex: gettin in trouble w/ parents or police, getting hurt, etc. but u cant have anything go bad psychologically, like u cant really hallucinate scary things. it can be a lil frightening if u've had enough being high and want to have that normal feeling, but i havent really experienced that, I lOvE wEeD
Old November 30th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #12
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

uhh sorry thats wrong. many people can freak out and have a very bad time on weed. especially new users.
Old December 30th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #13
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's possible to have a bad trip on weed.

Old March 9th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #14
IndigoHorizon

Okay, I made an account specifically to reply to this thread, as the information posted here about DXM is VERY innaccurate.

As a long term user of DXM in high doses, I've studied, and experienced far more than all of you most likely have. The truth about DXM is that it's virtually harmless if abused PROPERLY. We're talking long term effects, here. The damage it does to your system is about as minimal as eating mushrooms or taking acid, which have also been proven to be virtually harmless in medical studies and by people that have used these substances thousands of times with no negative effects, save for depleted brain cells (and keep in mind, you've got billions of these, you kill brain cells just getting through the day, they were meant to be burned off.)

As for the permanent mental effects, you can expect next to none unless you're mentally unstable to begin with, and nothing of extreme concern will come about with an 800MG dose of Dextromethorphan, or lower, anyway (I do not advise a higher dose than this as it CAN cause health complications in some users.)

I advise all of you not to experiment with this, But if you do, make sure that the only ACTIVE INGREDIENT listed on the box is Dextromethorphan HBr, or Dextromethorphan polistirex.

The effects can be unpleasent though, kids, so be careful.
Old October 9th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #15
saulhudson420

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial-thrilla View Post
you can have a bad trip on pretty much every single drug known to man.
um..thats not ture at all. because u cant even "trip" of half of the drugs in this world. trippin is not the same as high. u trip off acid, shrooms, dxm, n shit like that. like, u cant have a bad trip from heroin. cause u dont trip off heroin. not that i've ever, or will ever, do heroin. but i kno its not trippin.
Old October 9th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #16
saulhudson420

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshDude View Post
One of the most dangerous drugs in the whole world. Ultimately powerful in high dosage causing extreme trauma and even death.
hahaha. u serious? ok dude, im not gunna sit here n tell u overdosin on otc pills isnt bad but it can be somewhat safe if u kno what u doin. its not even close 2 the worst drug in the world. heard of meth?
Old October 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #17
saulhudson420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'nCrunch View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's possible to have a bad trip on weed.
ok first of all dumbass u cant trip off weed all it does is make ur eyes heavy u feel good and u like to eat u obviously have never smoked weed or u dont know what the word "trip" means
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #18
saulhudson420

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoHorizon View Post
Okay, I made an account specifically to reply to this thread, as the information posted here about DXM is VERY innaccurate.

As a long term user of DXM in high doses, I've studied, and experienced far more than all of you most likely have. The truth about DXM is that it's virtually harmless if abused PROPERLY. We're talking long term effects, here. The damage it does to your system is about as minimal as eating mushrooms or taking acid, which have also been proven to be virtually harmless in medical studies and by people that have used these substances thousands of times with no negative effects, save for depleted brain cells (and keep in mind, you've got billions of these, you kill brain cells just getting through the day, they were meant to be burned off.)

As for the permanent mental effects, you can expect next to none unless you're mentally unstable to begin with, and nothing of extreme concern will come about with an 800MG dose of Dextromethorphan, or lower, anyway (I do not advise a higher dose than this as it CAN cause health complications in some users.)

I advise all of you not to experiment with this, But if you do, make sure that the only ACTIVE INGREDIENT listed on the box is Dextromethorphan HBr, or Dextromethorphan polistirex.

The effects can be unpleasent though, kids, so be careful.

ok first of all, yeah, u have millions of brain cells but they dont just burn out and come back thats not how it works. once there gone there gone and ive done alot of that shit and im fucking retarded now from it. "permanent mental effects, you can expect next to none " - r u fuckin kiding me? dude, u do realise this shit can cause damage to your brain and cause you to have a mental dissorder for the rest of ur life, dont u?. n u do realize that dxm goes to the brain to help stop ur cough n when taken at high doses, it just fucks ur brain up, dont u? listen 2 me man, i've done it a lot more than u have n i will continue only because it just pure fuckin bliss 2 me but i've had many hospital visits, because of overdoses, n i've been told by doctors that it would be in my best interest 2 stick 2 street drugs CAUSE THIS SHIT CAN KILL U (not that a lot of street drugs cant). i dont worry bout it because, i kno what im doin, n i've done my research. but that doesnt mean its harmless. FAR FROM IT. kid, u dont kno what ur talkin bout. i kno enough so that i dont have 2 worry bout killing myself, but that doesnt mean i dont think about what effects it can have on me in the future. let me note that, if u trip once or twice on this shit, you'll be fine (just kno what ur doin b4 u pop mad pills or down cough syrup). but reagular use is not somethin u should aim for. i never planned on it but i fuckin love it so much man. haha. its just otherworldy. i've done shrooms, coke, acid, ketamine.. the list could go on, but my point is nothin compares to this drug for me. (eveyones different tho). BE SAFE KIDS
Old October 10th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #19
Patchy
Former G-Mod

Patchy's Forum Picture

saulhudson420 Please do not bump threads older than a few months

and secondly please do not double post or in your case quadruple post

- Patrick
(The Ginger Scot!)

~Laura was here~
Closed Thread