Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 27th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster

Beautiful Obsession's Forum Picture

Question Smokinn Need Advice :)

Ok, well i have just started smoking, ihave always told myself that i would smoke bcuz its horrible. but a few days ago me n my m8 thought we wud try it. and now wer hooked. But the main reason im smokin is because it stops me from eatin. its sort of a disraction from it. wen i want food i smoke, its not healthyi know but its helpin losing weight.

am i stupid?

and its relli annoyin bccuz if my mum found out i was smkoin she sed she wud make me eat 20. and she wasnt jokin!! but she did it a few years back. to cut down on chocolate so i dont see how its that bad!!

HELP! XXXXXXXX
Beautiful Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #2
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Default Re: Smokinn Need Advice :)

You should quit smoking now before you get too addicted. There's a good chance you'll regret it later on in life when you try and quit then. It's not good for you, and you should seek other ways to lose weight.
Aηdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #3
PrincessSarey
Banned

Uhu...

smoke > get cancer or another disease that will end up killing you > die.
result? weight loss = POINTLESS.

change your lifestyle > lose weight PROPERLY > alive, and healthy, and not at all pointless.
PrincessSarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #4
love_my_bones

Ok yeah smoking is bad but its a great appetite suppressant. Just limit the amount you smoke and try lighter natural cigs. Yeah it can cause cancer but everything can these days, really its up to you. I smoke 2 cigs a week and I'm not addicted or anything.
love_my_bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 08:15 AM   #5
Truth
Banned

Last edited by Truth; April 1st, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:56 AM   #6
PrincessSarey
Banned

kk, Your choice. You picked the wrong one I see. Goodluck then.
PrincessSarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #7
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster

thanks guys, me n my m8 smoked da rest of da pack 2day but want more, if we get more i'v sed im cuttin down bcuz its gtin 2 dapoint everytime i want to eat i smoke wich makes me feel better.. but suppose its not good soo yanoo. x
Old April 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #8
cool person

if you smoke, you have a 20% chance of dieing from it. Find other ways to lose wieght. It is not a fun death either, I have watch my grand father die from it. It is a vey slow, very painful death.
cool person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #9
cool person

Do what ever you can to quit now, before you are hooked.
cool person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:50 PM   #10
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Get rid of all your cigarettes. Burn them or whatever and never buy any more. Trust me, each new cigarette you smoke will only increase the chances of you becoming truly addicted to it. Seriously, if you stop now, it won't be long before your health returns to what it was; as if you never smoked in the first place. If this simply isn't going to happen, I can only recommend more professional help like patches or smoking deterrants that make you sick with smoking or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:23 AM   #11
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster

thanks everyone.. im tryin to not smoke but im always wiv my mayte and she brought a new pack yday. wel i went halfs but sed i dont want non of em. but its relli hard watgchin her smoke em.. so i had 2:s

she had like 5 tho so its not that bad?

plus its relli helpin me not eating.. i know its the wrong way to go about it which is why im not smokin much.. x
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM   #12
Donkey
Retired Administrator

Donkey's Forum Picture

Tell your friend that she is effectively killing you and herself and needs to stop NOW. Smoking is not a way to loose weight. Smoking kills you. Smoking is pointless. You want to tell your friend this too, otherwise you'll be watching her kill herself.

This is serious. You're 14. If you get addicted to this stuff, do you know the costs involved and the damage it is doing to you? You need to stop while you can, seriously. Otherwise it WILL get out of control and you WILL NOT be able to get out of this like you can now. Please.

Imagine if your mum found out (and it's very likely). I don't mean to scare you, but this is a very very bad idea.

Just because she had 5 and you had 2, doesn't make it bad. Not only is she killing herself but you're killing yourself at half the speed. Smoking one or a thirty a day are as bad as each other; eventually you'll get hooked and be smoking even more than that.

Tone it down, please. For the sake of the two of you.

Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #13
Triceratops
VT Lover

You and your friend are only 14 years old and shouldn't be smoking at that age. Tell your friends you want out of this smoking as it gives you a very high chance of getting a lethal disease, including cancer.

In each cigarette you smoke, the mixture of carbon monoxide and nicotine increases your blood pressure and heart rate which strains your heart and blood vessels. This leads to strokes, heart attacks and it slows down your blood flow dramatically and cuts off oxygen to your hands and feet - many smokers even end up having their limbs amputated because of this. So healthwise, smoking is seriously dangerous.

Smoking also causes problems for your appearance such as yellow stained teeth and fingernails, tooth loss, dries the skin which causes more wrinkles (even in younger people), it can make you look upto 10-20 years older (not in a good way though) and most smokers tend to have a "greyish", tired and wasted appearance in their face. Also, smoking makes your hair and clothes making it obvious that you're a smoker and it gives you nasty bad breath. And I'm certainly sure you wouldn't want any of these, would you?

Did you know that only one cigarette cuts off 5 minutes of your life? Well all of these cigarettes add up sooner or later, adding on more "5 minutes" and can eventually result in many years that have been cut off due to smoking - if you don't quit now while you can. Also, one in two smokers eventually die from their habit, I'm not meaning to scare you here but it're true. Smoking causes about one in five deaths from heart disease and in younger people around three out of four deaths from heart disease are due to smoking. Remember that the next time your friends are smoking.

I also think that you HAVE the chance to quit smoking, now. So please quit before it's too late, because once you start it's difficult as hell to escape, smoking is an expensive and harmful habit so please, escape while you can! You say you can't help smoking when your friends are smoking, so 1) If this is the case then I believe your friends are a bad influence on you and 2) I think you do have the willpower to resist the smoking as I think I recall your excellent willpower when you used to cut, because you don't cut anymore, I think that's right?

Many people are fooled into thinking smoking benefits your figure, but that's really not the case, at all. Please find help to lose weight sensibly and positively instead of doing it the dangerous and negative way which gives you so many horrible disadvantages to your health.

Good luck, hun <3

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #14
Truth
Banned

Last edited by Truth; April 1st, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM   #15
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Are you still smoking Hollie or are you now stopping with whichever methods you choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:20 PM   #16
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster

well we have no fags left and we were going to buy some today but we decided were going to stop buyin them because we were thinkin of what we cud buy instead of buying the fags. That helped alot scene as were going on a shoppin trip soon.

thanks for all your advice guys x
Old May 4th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #17
Donkey
Retired Administrator

Donkey's Forum Picture

That's great Hollie! Let's keep it that way, ey? Well done, you made the right choice

Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:22 PM   #18
ErykaInspire.
Awesome Poster

ErykaInspire.'s Forum Picture

Name: Eryka

My first cig was 2 months ago. I started smoking with my best friend, Nikki. Her Aunt gave them to us. I ended up switching brands(after smoking two packs of one kind) and got incredibly sick and passed out on her porch. I've been craving a cig SOOOOO bad. but i know it's not worth it. My parents just quit, once I started (ironic??!) so they'd be able to smell the smoke on me anyways.
But yeah, don't start. Trust me, it sucks.

☾I hold the stars between my lips.☆
When I speak, make a wish.

add,msg,talk.
I'm here to help(:
-ErykaInspire.
{ℒℴvℯℓυtιℴηαrч}
ErykaInspire. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #19
sienna.

Name: sienna.

smoking is a good suppressant for eating.
that is one thing i love about them.

but please try and stop.
before you get really hooked.

i first started smoking as a party smoker, then i wasn't eating and much and losing wieght.
and now i am a full on smoker.
it's not good.
trust me.

i thought that being in hospital would help me get over it, but is doesn't.
so i have to go and sneek smokes.

so please try and stop, beofre it gets out of hand.
sienna. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #20
Beautiful Obsession
Nice Poster

thanks x