Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 8th, 2019, 09:03 AM   #21
blnwkbl
Member+

Default Re: School and Phones

The rule is no phones during classes in my school but it's not like everyone uses them. Absolutely everyone uses its phone during classes to send messages, surf the web, play games or even listen to music lol. We have learnt to be discrete. Teachers only ask for the phones if you really don't pay attention, otherwise they just say to turn it off and put it back in the bag.
But if a teacher asks for the phone, you have to give it him no matter to whom it belongs. The rule is "no phone" at all even if you use the phone of your friend, neighbour, grandmother.
blnwkbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 11:50 AM   #22
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

The rule at my school is you can't have your phone out during class, and it has to be either turned off or set on silent so it won't disturb other people. Also if a teacher or someone from the school office asks for your phone, you must give it to them immediately and if it's locked or you have a password, you have to give them that if/when they ask for it.

A lot of kids I know just choose to leave their phones turned off and locked up safely in their locker, or put away in their backpack during the school hours.

Since we do nearly all our classwork on laptops, most of us have figured out that if we are careful, we can open multiple windows and message our friends that way, or we can do stuff like check in here on VT, but we do sometimes get caught.

Last edited by Katie2003; January 12th, 2019 at 11:53 AM.
Katie2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 11:57 AM   #23
Natacha
Member++

Natacha's Forum Picture

Name: Natacha

The teacher is not planning to take your phone to dunk it in water or something. He probably only ask for it if you are texting and not paying attention. If I was a teacher I would ask for it too in that particular situation. And I wouldn't take no for an answer
Natacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 12:07 PM   #24
Pultost
Awesome Poster

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

Just put it on silent and leave it in your pocket during class. It won't be taken then.

"I like life, life likes me, life and I fairly fully agree..."

-The Ghost of Christmas Present.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 08:11 PM   #25
EvaNL
Member++

EvaNL's Forum Picture

Name: Eva

In highschool our phones had to be on silent and in our bag or coat.
We weren't allowed to have it on our desk. If we did, the teacher would ask to put it away. Also, if the phone wasn't on silent, they'd ask to put it on silent. If someone ignored those rules too often, the teacher would take the phone away until after that class and a note was made in the student's file.
The basic rule was: don't use it in class unless the teacher tells you to.

Now, at university, no-one cares if you have it on your desk or if you use it, but you have to put it on silent. The teachers simply think: "you're grown up enough to know when to use it and when not, and it's not my fault if you fail class because you were busy texting your crush or playing a game". They just care about the class not being interrupted by phone sounds. And they're right.

I'm les, feel free to contact me
EvaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 10:07 AM   #26
Adamant
Member++

Adamant's Forum Picture

Name: Adam

Not supposed to even have them in school so in theory if you are seen with them in the playground they could be taken but teachers don't so care much about that bit.
Th e idea is that too many fights have been started/organised by phone.
Also don't want drug deals.
Even if its in the corridor not even in class it can be taken.
Its in the school rules so if you don't hand it over its defiance and not having the phone thats the problem then and that can get you excluded.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 05:33 AM   #27
Naturelover

Naturelover's Forum Picture

Name: Julia

In my school, it does not matter who bought the phone.
However, it is forbidden to use the phone in the classroom. If we get caught, it may happen that the teacher collects the phone for the rest of the lesson. But we'll get it again at the end of the lesson.
During the breaks, we can make calls or text messages as much as we want.
Naturelover is offline   Reply With Quote