Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 24th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #1
Underground_Network
Divide By Hero

Underground_Network's Forum Picture

Name: Adam
Default Animal Abuse/Mistreatment and the Environment

What are your thoughts on animal abuse and mistreatment. This music video (which I posted in the KFC thread, as well as a couple of other threads) really made me aware of how badly some people treat animals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dScut...elated&search=

I'd like you to debate on the impact deforestation (also desertification/global warming,etc.), dwindling animal populations, and mistreatment of animals, and how damaging its been to society.

My thoughts are that I'm almost against the human race. I kind of think that if we didn't exist this world would have its peace restored. Animals could live, and although populations may dwindle due to ecological/environmental hindrances/negative occurrences this world would still be better off without us. I think, in terms of this world with us and animals, all we've done is wreak havoc upon animal civilization. If we hadn't domesticated and interbreeded so many creatures animals would be able to survive on their own. Humans are the reason for almost all detrament toward animal life. I think if we continue are existence, eventually we will be the only species, unless another species develops an intellect similar to ours, and develops abilities that can out do ours. I'd say there are some creatures that possibly show the potential to evolve. But most environmental detrament is due to us, and even if this process was imminent, we have sped it up considerably. Your thoughts please. THX

~Adam~
I'm way too high (too high too high)
To be feeling this dry and low
I'm way too tired, I've tried
I'm fired up and ready to roll
Lets go
Underground_Network is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #2
Hyper
VT Lover

Default Re: Animal Abuse/Mistreatment and the Environment

Okey.. So excuse me but your opinion is that the human race is evil and should be anhilated? And you do know how long evolution takes..?

Either way the only ppl that hurt animals for no reason are a bit sick from the head

And about extinction of races, it is the survival of the fittest, yes humans are responsible for some races extinction but we just cant go around saving every animal species that is about to go extinct.....

I do agree that rainforests shouldnt be destroyed for lumber, ppl should start thinking a bit more about oxygen production and such ;P

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #3
Underground_Network
Divide By Hero

Look we're destroying animals habitats whether we like it or not. Not taking a stand is like abusing animals, because you're letting it happen. Its like witnessing a murder, but not coming forward, when you do this you sink as low as the murderer. If you don't take a stand and don't help, you'd think you'd remain neutral, but in reality, you're doing nothing but witnessing the extinction of another species. If you saw a wounded eagle, on the side of the highway, would you tell whoevers driving to pull over and call for help? Probably not, you'd just stare at it, you'd be grossed out possibly by its wound, maybe even anonymously call for help, but would you go over to aid the eagle, I doubt it. And we are destroying this world, www.stopglobalwarming.org, and we can only stop it by standing together. Almost all the detrament done to this Earth was man-made. We were upset about Hurricane Katrina, compare that to how the animals felt during the Ice Age. We think that say, Hitler's genocide was huge, compare that to how many animals are killed in a year. 40 million animals are killed a year, just for their fur, not for anything else, but just for their fur. Hundreds of thousands of animals are killed a year, just because we want to perform tests on them. If we can perform tests on them, why can't they perform tests on us? Also 100 million animals are hunted each year (note these numbers only pertain to the US) and millions of animals killed by hunters are left unrecorded. Even if you think you do nothing bad, not taking a stand is like letting the killers do what ever they please. Take a stand, lend a hand, reprimand. Stand up and fight for the cause, if you do not, you are as bad as the killers.
For more info on animals being killed/tortured (U.S. only) go here:http://www.da4a.org/sport.htm (it may be a Delaware site, but it talks statistics about the whole U.S.

~Adam~
Lets go

Last edited by Underground_Network; February 25th, 2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #4
Hyper
VT Lover

Humans are humans
Animals are animals

Old February 25th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #5
Underground_Network
Divide By Hero

Humans are animals...

~Adam~
Lets go
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:35 AM   #6
Hyper
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground_Network View Post
Humans are animals...

Yes that's true, I have happy thoughts too but I am a realist most humans are just ignorant.. And the food chain speaks for itself and I dont have anything against furs, there has to be somekind of population controll and without furs and animals we wouldn't be here, and I don't think you can compare the ice age to the holocaust, and animal pain to genocide

Old February 25th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #7
Underground_Network
Divide By Hero

Hmmm, you think if we didn't have guns/weapons, and it was just us versus the other animals we would be on top of the food chain? If it weren't for our outstanding mental capabilities, we would be towards the middle, or possibly lower part of the food chain. Think, what if a monkey had a gun, and we were unarmed, they'd be higher up on the food chain at the time. (Not to add humor, but this is assuming the monkey knows how to use the gun).

Note: I didn't compare the Holocaust to the Ice Age, I compared Hurricane Katrina to the Ice Age.

HOLY SHIT, read this line from the site (http://www.da4a.org/sport.htm ) that i left a link to in my second post: Thousands of animals, referred to by the fur industry as “trash animals,” are caught in traps every year, including birds, reptiles, squirrels, dogs, cats and sometimes even children.

~Adam~
Lets go

Last edited by Underground_Network; February 25th, 2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:08 AM   #8
Hyper
VT Lover

Besides your complaining.. Do you have any suggestion or idea what the human race should do?

Old February 25th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #9
Makod
Member++

Makod's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Besides your complaining.. Do you have any suggestion or idea what the human race should do?
We should all have a gigantic blood orgy, that would solve everything, no more humans (useless sacks of flesh they are), and animals get to continue on with their lives: They continue to eat each other, copulate (have sex), sleep, follow urges, never think a thought, and die.

Quote:
Hmmm, you think if we didn't have guns/weapons, and it was just us versus the other animals we would be on top of the food chain? If it weren't for our outstanding mental capabilities, we would be towards the middle, or possibly lower part of the food chain. Think, what if a monkey had a gun, and we were unarmed, they'd be higher up on the food chain at the time. (Not to add humor, but this is assuming the monkey knows how to use the gun).
Think about it for a second, the reason we're at the top of the food chain, is because we have the mental capacity to do things other than, "eat each other, copulate (have sex), sleep, follow urges, never think a thought, and die." Humans and the rest of the food chain are completely different. A monkey with a gun is still a monkey, it wouldn't know how to use the gun. When you say "let us assume the monkey knows how to use the gun." Guess what? You are giving this monkey human qualities.

And so we ignore the beggar's cup
Praise your act in the Grand Finale
Teach the unborn the winners sign
a welcome grin to the world Royal

Last edited by Makod; February 25th, 2007 at 11:52 PM.
Makod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #10
MRSPOILED
Junior Member+

MRSPOILED's Forum Picture

Wow! Hyper You Really Dont Seem To Care For Any Animals You Suck!well I Dont Think Any Animals Or People Should Be Abuse An Any Way!

UAG
UNLIKE ANY GUY
MRSPOILED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #11
Makod
Member++

Makod's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSPOILED View Post
Wow! Hyper You Really Dont Seem To Care For Any Animals You Suck!well I Dont Think Any Animals Or People Should Be Abuse An Any Way!
Hello there, please learn to make an argument without making an insult before posting.

It makes you look so much smarter.

By the way: I love how your name and sig says "Mr. Spoiled."

Also: Going everywhere shouting and complaining about "Animal rights" seems like the hip thing to do nowadays, so much for being different, eh?

Last edited by Makod; February 26th, 2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old February 26th, 2007, 06:31 AM   #12
Hyper
VT Lover

I do care about animals and if you realy have nothing to say then don't post here

Complaining won't do anything the only things animals care about is the continueing of their race and survival, I don't think they care about the pain they suffer in some farm.. Because they don't realy know the fact is you cant compare humans to animals even though most humans are in somewhat alike to animals you cannot do that

Old February 26th, 2007, 09:50 AM   #13
Underground_Network
Divide By Hero

Over time (if we don't cause species such as monkeys, and other primates to go extinct), their mental capacities will probably increase, and they may even grow to be as smart as us. We can't assume that we will be the dominant species forever. We may be now, but the better we treat animals the better they treat us. An abused dog is more likely to lash out at humans, even if its a normally kind dog, and certain animals, once abused can be harmful, very harmful, such as elephants which have been known to go on rampages, killing anything in its way, whether it be human or not. We don't fully understand ourselves yet, and we don't fully understand animals yet. If they want to test things, test them on humans, any human willing to do that would seem out of their mind, but they'd saving a life, possibly thousands of lives. And to make a point, if you're making a product that requires animal testing, you obviously are unsure if its safe or useful... and if you're not sure, what's the point? If you want to seriously prove your product works, prove that it works on humans, I don't care if mice have similar internal organ setups, I'd rather know that it works on a human that some lab rat. Also a new topic of discussion: What are your thoughts on recycling and reusing things? Do you do it, or do you not bother? (If you don't its more proof that you are helping that harm of animals!) Recycling is a must, if we don't recycle paper, deforestation we'll claim too many trees, destroying the habitats of many animals. Everything is linked. Every move we make effects someone, not just ourselves, if you chop a down a single tree, you've just damaged the beauty of an environmental system, possibly destroyed the habitat of numerous living beings. If you don't recycle paper, you could be considered a killer. See how easy it is to implement that you are contributing to the abuse and killing of animals. Not recycling claims the lives of too many animals. Just thought I'd bring that point up.

~Adam~
Lets go
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #14
Makod
Member++

Makod's Forum Picture

Quote:
Over time (if we don't cause species such as monkeys, and other primates to go extinct), their mental capacities will probably increase, and they may even grow to be as smart as us. We can't assume that we will be the dominant species forever.
We can stumble over the what ifs and can bes all day, but in the end it all amounts to pure speculation and wishful thinking.
Quote:
We may be now, but the better we treat animals the better they treat us. An abused dog is more likely to lash out at humans, even if its a normally kind dog, and certain animals, once abused can be harmful, very harmful, such as elephants which have been known to go on rampages, killing anything in its way, whether it be human or not. We don't fully understand ourselves yet, and we don't fully understand animals yet.
Actions taking upon a single animal will not lead their entire species to do anything they normally would not do.
Quote:
If they want to test things, test them on humans, any human willing to do that would seem out of their mind, but they'd saving a life, possibly thousands of lives. And to make a point, if you're making a product that requires animal testing, you obviously are unsure if its safe or useful... and if you're not sure, what's the point? If you want to seriously prove your product works, prove that it works on humans, I don't care if mice have similar internal organ setups, I'd rather know that it works on a human that some lab rat.
Great, why don't you volunteer to be a human lab rat? We can give you cancer and try a number of various new ways to cure it. You will most likely die, but it is for a good cause.
Quote:
Also a new topic of discussion: What are your thoughts on recycling and reusing things? Do you do it, or do you not bother? (If you don't its more proof that you are helping that harm of animals!) Recycling is a must, if we don't recycle paper, deforestation we'll claim too many trees, destroying the habitats of many animals. Everything is linked. Every move we make effects someone, not just ourselves, if you chop a down a single tree, you've just damaged the beauty of an environmental system, possibly destroyed the habitat of numerous living beings. If you don't recycle paper, you could be considered a killer. See how easy it is to implement that you are contributing to the abuse and killing of animals. Not recycling claims the lives of too many animals. Just thought I'd bring that point up.
Recycling is great, I do it. It is saddening that the little old lady down the street is a serial killer though, I never thought someone like her could be so fucking evil.