Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 4th, 2017, 04:46 PM   #1
Yugen
Member++

Yugen's Forum Picture

Name: Yugen
Default Uncontrollable Crying

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on dealing with uncontrollable crying at random, and often the worst times. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it, it could be the smallest thing. When I'm in a depression phase (I'm bipolar, but I'm speaking about depression specifically), I can't stop crying at all. It doesn't matter who's there or what I'm doing. This often gets in the way of work and whatnot, so I was wondering if anyone has also experienced this and has any techniques in dealing with it?

Yugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 09:15 AM   #2
elmoc
Member+

Default Re: Uncontrollable Crying

I have a bipolar sister & mom is a psychiatrist, so I asked for her input. I'm very concerned that your depression cycle is causing you this much pain. You don't have to live with that. Please talk with the doctor prescribing your medications about your crying. I hope it is a psychiatrist. All bipolars require very careful medical management, & the hormone changes of puberty can require medication adjustments as your hormone levels change.

There is a new antidepressant available that is especially effective with bipolar individuals. It has really made a difference for my sister. I doubt forum moderators would tolerate the suggestion of a specific medication, but ask your doctor. The new Med starts with a "L" & ends with an "a."

Some days you're the bug;
some days you're the windshield.
elmoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 09:39 AM   #3
naenaendr

naenaendr's Forum Picture

The worst part about having bipolar, is that there is nothing you can do other than try to cheer yourself up. I was diagnosed with a ton of disorders including bipolar, so I just watch funny vine videos, meditate, or go for a long run. WARNING: don't listen to music! It WILL make the bad times even worse!!
I'm sorry; I feel your pain. Stay safe
naenaendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 03:03 PM   #4
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on dealing with uncontrollable crying at random, and often the worst times. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it, it could be the smallest thing. When I'm in a depression phase (I'm bipolar, but I'm speaking about depression specifically), I can't stop crying at all. It doesn't matter who's there or what I'm doing. This often gets in the way of work and whatnot, so I was wondering if anyone has also experienced this and has any techniques in dealing with it?
I am not really crying at random but I have phases where I cry easily.
I'm not sure about the triggers...it's mainly stress at school or work. When I am at home or with my friends I usually don't care. It would not be a problem when I started crying since they know about my condition and are usually understanding.

And for the rest I have developed a weird technique:
Crying for me is mostly a stress relief, so I sorta make myself cry on purpose to reduce my stress and not start to cry later when it would be embarrassing.
I know it sounds kinda strange but it is a strategy that really does the trick for me.
Like @naenaendr said music can make your condition worse. So at times when I'm stressed I just take some time for myself at night, early morning whatever...and listen to music I know that will make me cry. Having this maybe half an hour for me listening to music and just crying freely without being judged by anyone really helps me a lot. It reduces stress and negativity so much that I can usually make it through the day.

I don't know if this would work for anyone else but it works for me since music is essential in my life. Maybe when you can identify your trigger you can find a relief like that for yourself, too.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 08:50 PM   #5
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

I think that you need to talk to your doctor about this. You may need to add a med or change to an other one that will take care of your bipolar and crying both.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote