Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Natsuki

Natsuki's Forum Picture

Default Psychological Abuse

I haven't posted here in quite a while, but I don't know where else to turn. I've been in a relationship with a girl for over a year now, but these past 4 or 5 months have been hell. We used to be really close and she loved me so much, but now all she does is hurt me. Let me first say that I'm not putting all the blame on her. I consider myself to be a bad boyfriend and I've lied and hurt her many times. She always asks me to change myself and become stronger for her and I always say I will, but I never do. There's a lot of things she doesn't like about me, but one of the biggest problems is that I never talk when we're on video or voice chat. It's not that I don't want to talk to her. I just have a really difficult time coming up with stuff to say. She also doesn't like the fact that I'm on disability and doesn't consider what I have to be a disability and she tells me I should go and find a job.

I agree with her on that. I really do need a job. I just never try hard enough to get one. Last week I thought things were finally good between us again because she was being incredibly nice to me and made me feel so happy. It was the best feeling I've had in a long time. Yesterday things went back to the way they used to be though and she was yelling at me again. She's bipolar, so she has mood swings a lot. I forgive her for that, but it hurts so much when she goes from loving me to hating me.

I can't stand this pain she puts me through. Today for the first time in my entire life I started cutting myself to relieve the pain while drinking a bottle of alcohol. The stinging pain in my arm actually feels good. I shouldn't like it, but it's a nice release. The logical thing to do at this point would be to break up with her, but it's not that easy. I consider her to be my soulmate and I'd do anything for her. I love her more than anything. I want to spend the rest of my life with her, but she doesn't feel the same. I know I should just let her be free, but I'm scared of being alone. I don't want to be lonely and depressed again like I used to. I just don't know what to do.

Natsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM   #2
Blood
Banned

Name: Jess
Default Re: Psychological Abuse

I'm going to be really straightforward here. If you are with someone that hurts you and causes you to cut, YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP. If she is causing you this much pain, she isn't your soulmate. I don't care what the fuck anybody says. Someone who hurts you to the point where you hurt yourself is NOT worth your time or effort. And you've admitted that you've hurt her before, too. This relationship doesn't seem healthy at all. I hope you either get out of it or have a really serious talk with her about how you feel, and you both make the necessary changes to try to make it work.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:22 PM   #3
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

She is not your soul mate. I guarantee that. You do not have to change your self for a soul mate. They like you the way you are. She hurts you, dump her. Trust me you will feel so much better after you do!

This is a toxic relationship. Get out. Maybe you don't do things because you can't or you aren't ready yet. Its probably not just you being lazy

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Hyper
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki View Post
The logical thing to do at this point would be to break up with her, but it's not that easy. I consider her to be my soulmate and I'd do anything for her. I love her more than anything. I want to spend the rest of my life with her, but she doesn't feel the same. I know I should just let her be free, but I'm scared of being alone. I don't want to be lonely and depressed again like I used to. I just don't know what to do.
You know what you have to do.

You can never be in a healthy relationship unless you are a healthy person and vice versa.

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2013, 06:22 AM   #5
Krista68

Name: Krista

Thanks for info.
Krista68 is offline   Reply With Quote