Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 14th, 2018, 02:14 PM   #1
Anonymous404

Default My mom pisses me off

Hello. I'm a 17 year old girl and I have been on the edge ever since I turned 16. At that point, I knew that I wanted to start searching for my comfort zone away from toxyc people, but I couldn't make it thoroughly, because that would have meant to put in extra effort. My mom has been very hard on me during 11th grade, in a way that I haven't got to enjoy myself and work in my own rythm. And she is still hard on me, and everytime I take something up I give up because I know that there will always be someone that would prevent me from keeping it on. This sequence of repetitive circumstances made me helpless, because I don't know how I could get out of her presence in an efficient way. I'm just tired of her and her mood swings that get me all confused and pissed. I constantly feel like I should stop making any mistakein order to feel fine about myself. I hate her. I hate her. I'm simply stuck and all I f***ing want is to have fun and learn MY stuff on MY own terms, but I never get the chance to. I can't erelatesm a whole sentence or fully express what I'm feeling because I feel like it's not real or that it's in vain. I'm not used to do that. She is always trying to make me (nonverbally, of course) feel responsible for my own actions, and because she has a stupid globalised way of thinking, it's making me feel that I'm in full charge of my decisions, though the circumstances matter as well, depending on their occurence and etc. Anyhow, every time I tried to access an article on internet that relates to my situation, the solutions were mostly facilities rather than psychological solutions, and were too globalised. What advice would you give me to get rid of her influence?
P.s.: I also have an irrational anger everytime I feel her presence so that I can't tell how I'm supposed to deal with it.
P.s.2: I don't know how much of this makes sense, but I hope you could at least relate.

Last edited by Anonymous404; April 14th, 2018 at 02:18 PM.
Anonymous404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2018, 03:19 PM   #2
Alumni

Default Re: My mom pisses me off

TL;DR

Should've sliced it into paragraphs to make it easier to read.

I understand what you're emphasizing, and I guess the ideal thing for you to do is to view it from her perspective. The way I manage things with my parents is by keeping it subtle, close but not too close. We really just talk if we need anything. This won't work if you're super close to them.

Give them some respect. If she asks or complains about something, just do it. Don't be an ass about it, it usually works in your favor in the long run. Most parents just like knowing that you're not giving them shit.
Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 04:00 PM   #3
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

You don't make a whole lot of sense here. I understand you are having issues with your mom and how she is bringing you up. It is also normal for teens to get pissed off at your parents once in a while. What does your dad think about all of this conflict between you and your mom? You really are using a lot of words that don't make any sense and you really don't point out what your mom is really doing to you or keeping you from doing. You did say something about learning from making your own decisions. Is it that impossible for your family to sit down with each other and have some discussion about things and issues that you would like to resolve? I hope somehow you can work things out.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 05:11 PM   #4
Ethan19
Member+

Ethan19's Forum Picture

Name: Ethan

You just sound like a hormonal teenager that doesn't like being told what to do or how to do something. My mother pushed me to do better, I guess people take it differently.
Ethan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:25 PM   #5
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

So.....you're not responsible for your own decisions and actions?

Maybe I'm crazy...or perhaps I am too "globalized" (whatever that means)...but that sounds really immature.

18 - f - Wes Anderson fan - proud Italian-American - future UCLA Bruin

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:29 PM   #6
the_power_slave
Nice Poster

the_power_slave's Forum Picture

Name: eli.

hmm... so basically you're all about "ME ME ME!" ooff ccoorrcceee ii ccaann rrreeellaatteee......
the_power_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:17 PM   #7
CoryW
Great Poster

CoryW's Forum Picture

Name: Cory

I don't have a mom but if I did I'd be pretty happy.
My mom OD'ed when I was 4 and I've never seen her again.
I not trying to give advice because I don't know what your going thru. But maybe if you just talked to your mom you can move past this.
CoryW is offline   Reply With Quote