Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 31st, 2012, 06:06 PM   #1
ComradeUnknown

Default Being a deep thinker is a curse.

Okay, so, as you can probably see if you read this on the day it is posted, I am fairly new to this website. I've been trying to find a section in which I can fit in, but I haven't found it yet. I consider myself a deep thinker who has a lot of personal opinions on politics, religion, morals, etc. I know I can use this section for the politics and religion part, maybe the morals, but often at times people have considered me to be depressed. I only consider that I am happy or not only 50% of the time. So I don't consider myself depressed, nor totally happy either.

I am however, a deep thinker. I might be just paranoid, but I often analyze many situations per day. I do this so that I know what to do to make myself happy. At least that's what I think. However, that makes me wonder, is it a curse to think a lot?

You can hear all these quotations that support the theory that it is better to be dumb, non-thinking and ignorant to be happy. I've been starting to think more and more that that is the case.
ComradeUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Lost in the Echo
Banned

Name: Bo
Default Re: Being a deep thinker is a curse.

No, I don't think it's a curse. I'm like this too.
In my opinion it's better to analyze your life and be aware of what's going on in it, than to be dumb and naive.
Lost in the Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:28 PM   #3
InfinantSilence
Member+

InfinantSilence's Forum Picture

Name: Taylor

I don't think it's a curse either. I myself am a deep thinker. I analize (and verry ofter over analize ) situations.

March 14. I won't forget. I promise.
InfinantSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:32 PM   #4
Pierce
Member++

Pierce's Forum Picture

Name: Chase

I was in your situation about a year or two ago (It seems so much longer). Anyway I was in deep depression, I analyzed almost all situations, not to find a way to make me happy, but to understand people. Why people would act a certain way or do certain things. Then I went into a week of insanity and I came out better. Seems ridiculous but it's true. I wanted to be ignorant and nave like everybody else. I'm glad now to be a deep thinker although over analyzing everything and all situations has its cons. I overthink things that I strongly believe in and sometimes it sucks to understand the opposing argument lol. I hope you will come out stronger like I did, and I wish you the best of luck. The trick is you must hold on to the idea of you in a happy life and/or a happy scenario when you get older. I hope this makes sense. Makes sense to me, might not to others. So yeah Good luck and if you ever need to talk message me.
Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Avenida105

Avenida105's Forum Picture

Name: Sam

Being a deep thinker is not a curse, bur rather a blessing. It takes time for us to settle down in our thoughts, I have learned to be happy because there is nothing in my life that I can complain about. Even thought I have been so close to proving and disproving a God to myself I always end up thinking and depressing myself over death, but lately I've been thinking you know I will every moment and every minute that I can, who knows what will happen after, but the only thing you should care for is the present, after all its the only thing we have.

Get down to biz my ninja
Avenida105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Steve Jobs
Awesome Poster

Steve Jobs's Forum Picture

Name: Steve Jobs

I don't think it's a curse, although it does restrict our spontaneous thinking to some extent. I over-analyze many things too, which has both saved me from trouble and caused me to miss opportunities.

What can we do? We're just different.

If the glass on your iPhone cracked, you're dropping it the wrong way.

Steve Jobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Silicate Wielder
Beep Boop

Silicate Wielder's Forum Picture

Name: Michael

I sometimes tend to think too deeply.
but yeah it can be helpful

about a month ago I got to thinking really deeply about difference in size of a tree compared to a person, I realized there isn't much difference if you were to compare that difference with the difference in height with other objects of larger scale, now I don't really see trees as huge like I used to.
and yeah before you correct me on that its just based on how I think and I like it it makes me feel mighty. (don't know why)

but in my case of thinking too deeply I sometimes get caught in this infinite thought loop that can go on for hours or even days on end, sometimes months even.

and all people think differently I'm half visual and half logical so sometimes I come up with absurd conclusions.

Quote:
Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers. - Leonard Brandwein

Last edited by Silicate Wielder; December 31st, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Silicate Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Human
VT Lover

Human's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeUnknown View Post
Okay, so, as you can probably see if you read this on the day it is posted, I am fairly new to this website. I've been trying to find a section in which I can fit in, but I haven't found it yet. I consider myself a deep thinker who has a lot of personal opinions on politics, religion, morals, etc. I know I can use this section for the politics and religion part, maybe the morals, but often at times people have considered me to be depressed. I only consider that I am happy or not only 50% of the time. So I don't consider myself depressed, nor totally happy either.

I am however, a deep thinker. I might be just paranoid, but I often analyze many situations per day. I do this so that I know what to do to make myself happy. At least that's what I think. However, that makes me wonder, is it a curse to think a lot?

You can hear all these quotations that support the theory that it is better to be dumb, non-thinking and ignorant to be happy. I've been starting to think more and more that that is the case.
Haha I've gotta agree with you, sometimes I feel quite depressed and paranoid too. People also wonder why I'm so serious
Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 05:34 PM   #9
Tolso

Name: Simon

How deep exactly?
Tolso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:19 PM   #10
Elementalpow
Junior Member+

Elementalpow's Forum Picture

Name: Dominique

i thinl deep too. i have come to relize things that other people or afults dont.
1. Everyone will die, can yu prvnet someone from dieing early? yes in some cases.
2. Not everyone will end up in a relationship.
3. Some people lives and how thye live them are out of thier control.
4. No "justice" is fair or equal.
5. i have read alot of things about a person and while i should feel sad i dont...y? csue i ve read and seen i all before. And guess wat? im not a physco, or insane I just am not surprised by things we humans do anymore cusae its all been done before...

So yeah. Names Dominique, call me Shade or Syrus either one. i am a loner but love talking to people And making friends! So message me if yu want to talk! And ill reply s soon as i can! and i am a huge gamer. And a otaku.
Elementalpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:30 PM   #11
Tolso

Name: Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementalpow View Post
i thinl deep too. i have come to relize things that other people or afults dont.
1. Everyone will die, can yu prvnet someone from dieing early? yes in some cases.
2. Not everyone will end up in a relationship.
3. Some people lives and how thye live them are out of thier control.
4. No "justice" is fair or equal.
5. i have read alot of things about a person and while i should feel sad i dont...y? csue i ve read and seen i all before. And guess wat? im not a physco, or insane I just am not surprised by things we humans do anymore cusae its all been done before...
To be honest, those are not very deep statements or thoughts.
Tolso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:52 PM   #12
Elementalpow
Junior Member+

Elementalpow's Forum Picture

Name: Dominique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolso View Post
To be honest, those are not very deep statements or thoughts.
trust me. Compared to most of the pople i hang out with or am around it is. but i guess generally its not.

Well i guess it not all that deep. But i have over anylzed a situation. i missed out on so much stuff i took in the what-ifs or mabye if i.
i could have alot of thing changed about my life now but because i over though a situation and dint act on my thoughts i missed out.
that may not seem deep but for me it is.

So yeah. Names Dominique, call me Shade or Syrus either one. i am a loner but love talking to people And making friends! So message me if yu want to talk! And ill reply s soon as i can! and i am a huge gamer. And a otaku.
Elementalpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:51 PM   #13
PrimedPenguin

PrimedPenguin's Forum Picture

Being a deep thinker is anything but a curse it allows us to realize what's really going on in our life.and what we can do to shape it. Shallow thinkers are more likely to be persuaded in to doing things that could effect them negatively.overall being a deep thinker is a blessings, not a curse.
PrimedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote