Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 2nd, 2018, 03:22 PM   #781
stefanyrye

Name: Stefany
Unhappy Re: First Time Cutting

First time... I felt relieved. At that time I did not understand that it would become a habit and thought that what I was doing was normal.
I've been doing self-harm for about two years now and can't stop. I've had a lot of breaks for a couple of months, but I still keep making cuts on my body, putting out cigarettes on my hand, and stabbing it with a needle. I'm really tired of this. Your post helped me a bit, I will try to reconsider the reasons why I do it and give up this habit.

Last edited by stefanyrye; December 2nd, 2018 at 03:27 PM.
stefanyrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2018, 01:28 PM   #782
Gay Paul

Default Re: First Time Cutting

Not do it it's stupid
Gay Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2019, 04:57 PM   #783
Rick Astley Is God

Cutting is absolutely terrible. So remember that I'm not saying it's good or makes sense. But some people seem confused about why people do it, so I figured I'd tell you the reasoning that went on in my brain at the time when I would do it:

1. When I did it, I would calm down when I lost blood. This was actually because I was losing blood, but in my delusional state I reasoned that the pain was a sensation that helped with the anger and felt refreshing and the flowing of my blood out of my wound represented the release of anger and all the other bad feelings I had previously held inside.

2. I was not thinking clearly and thought it was "cool" and it would make me seem "bad ass" because I was able to knowingly hurt myself bad enough to leave scars that would be there for the rest of my life and not flinch or "pu*** out" (AKA think about it).

3. I though that if I did it people would have to pay attention to me, which was something I really wanted.

4. I felt that even if something went wrong and I accidentally killed myself it wouldn't really matter because that's what I originally wanted to do before I found out I didn't have the "courage" too.

There were other factors as well but I'm typing this all on my phone and I don't want to write much about this sensitive of a topic when im not at my computer and I can't adequately explain myself and explain my reasoning while at the same time emphasizing that in hindsight it was a terrible thing too do and no one should repeat my mistake.

Hands are just feet for your arms.
Rick Astley Is God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 07:30 AM   #784
nocturn dreamer

nocturn dreamer's Forum Picture

Was quite strange actually.

At first, because of anxiety I guess, I was just used to stick my nails in my arm, so strongly it would leave marks. One day, I started using my teeth, when I had panics attak. I bit myself so hard, those were the firts marks that stayed several days. The next step for my, was in the bathroom, I found a tweezer and planted it in my arm. Well, after I passed from the tweezer to the thumbtack, from the thumbtack to the compass, from the compass to the scissors, and from the scissors to the blade. It was so Strange. I didn't realized what I was doing untill I bled the first time. And didn't see it as something serious or even important before. But when I realized, it was too late. I am now obsessed with the feeling of the marks on my arm. I'm feeling wrong when it's too smooth. I need to pass my fingers on my arm and feel scars. Or I feel bad. I'm addicted to the pain. It's the only thing that calms my panicks attacks and my anxiety. When I'm dead crying, and can't sleep, I need my blade. I never sleep better than when I feel the pain on my arm. I never thought I would end like this really, it's quite funny. When I was 13, I had a friend that self-harmed. Oh man, I was dead worried, I thought of scorifications as Something so so terrible. So funny I ended up like this. Life's pretty ironic sometimes.

" we are children of the bad generation"
nocturn dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:44 PM   #785
Anna05
Junior Member+

Name: Anna

I have only done it one time right after my dog died of cancer. I honestly don't know what I was trying to accomplish but now I have a few scars on me and I regret it
Anna05 is offline   Reply With Quote