Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 21st, 2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Vanitys Audacity

Exclamation What is this feeling?

So I keep having these weird feelings. It's hard to describe so bare with me please. It's an actual feeling I get in my mind/body, and sometimes I get a little dizzy from it. It's like I'm seeing through someone else's body. I get thoughts like "why am I here in this life form?" It sounds suicidal, but I mean it litteraly, like as opposed to being in some parellel universe I suppose. I can move, and I know my surroundings and everything, but I get really nervous, and nauseas.

I stay in this state of mind anywheres to a few seconds or until I fall asleep. The episodes can happen once, or a bunch of times over a few weeks, but eventually ends for a while before coming back, each time worse than last. The last time I started getting them I had to hurt myself physically (biting, nails dug in skin, cutting). I think I'm starting another episode, and it scares me. I've become distant to my bf who lives with me, and I don't even know how to explain it to him.

Sorry it's so long, but PLEASE tell me if you know what this is, if you have it, and if so, at least a better way to describe it. Thank you =)
Vanitys Audacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:54 PM   #2
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Default Re: What is this feeling?

I don't have it and I don't know what it is, but I've had weird feelings and might have felt real out of place in the world. I think you should go see a counselor (but not one that's gonna give you bullshit). That's what I would do if it really bothered me.
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:09 PM   #3
Vanitys Audacity

I'm planning on it, but I can't figure out how to word it right to tell the councelor. I think it might be part of schizophrenia because I have other 'symptoms and signs' of it (not to mention a nurse and my old pediatrician stated they think I have it). I guess more or less I'm looking for a better way to put it, and wouldn't mind a better understanding of it =)
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM   #4
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Good, I guess I can ask you a few questions to help you understand, but I'm not sure it'll help so bare with ME!

Do you feel like you can't control yourself, like you're in a remote and/or overwhelmed? Any of those?

Do you feel restless? (like the feeling in your legs if you get restless legs syndrome) but only in your mind? Or at how much you can control your feelings? Do you feel awkward? If it's yes to any of these, it's more info you can tell a counselor, psychologist/psychiatrist or doctor.
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:24 PM   #5
Vanitys Audacity

That's the weird thing, I'm COMPLETELY in control of my body, but I feel like I just want to scratch and crawl out of my skin because it's so awkward.
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:31 PM   #6
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Well if you answer those questions specifically, than it's a little bit easier because you can be prepared for the counselor