Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Agnosticism 142 13.61%
Atheism 312 29.91%
Buddhism 13 1.25%
Christianity (Please Specify) 415 39.79%
Hinduism 9 0.86%
Islam 33 3.16%
Judaism 17 1.63%
Wicca 17 1.63%
Other (Please Specify) 85 8.15%
Voters: 1043. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:44 AM   #2121
Magus
Mercurai's Priestess

Magus's Forum Picture

Name: Fae, The Witch
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theone15 View Post
The Wicca,
There is no such thing as magick or majique or however you spell it.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #2122
Noooooooooo
Banned

How fucked up is God?

"And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him." -- Numbers 31:15-17

"I defiled them through their gifts the sacrifice of every firstborn that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD." -- Ezekiel 20:26

"The King asked her, 'Whats the matter?' This woman said to me, 'Give up your son so we may eat him today, and tomorrow we'll eat my son.' So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her, 'Give up your son so we may eat him,' but she had hidden him....The king said, behold, this EVIL is of the LORD." - 2 Kings 6:28-29,33

"She will hide from them the afterbirth and the new baby she has borne, so that she herself can secretly eat them. She will have nothing else to eat during the siege and terrible distress that your enemy will inflict on all your towns." - Deuteronomy 28:57

"Behold, I [the LORD] will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it." -- Malachi 2:3

"This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'" -- 1 Samuel 15:2-3

"Their roots are dried up, and they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I [the LORD] will slaughter their beloved children." -- Hosea 9:16

"Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives raped." -- Isaiah 13:16

"Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on infants nor will they look with compassion on children." -- Isaiah 13:18

Anyone who worships such a monster needs to be locked up in a... rubber room.
Noooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #2123
Jess

Name: Jessica

and don't forget these

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbor's wife. - Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. - Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." - Deuteronomy 13:13-19
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #2124
Iris
Awesome Poster

Iris's Forum Picture

I think the reason most people follow religions based on the bible is because they've never actually read the whole thing. No one who encounters those quotes can justify them. But people like the idea that all they have to do is believe in some guy and they'll be guaranteed happiness in their lives and after they die. It's pathetic. A clear example of human weakness.
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM   #2125
Scoob

Scoob's Forum Picture

Name: Lincoln

Other. I haven't found any major religion that I agree with. I honestly adopted the 'I don't care' method. Why should I focus my life around finding a higher power when I'll ultimately find out the truth when I die. I'm just gonna live life to the fullest and not focus on that - too time consuming.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM   #2126
Magus
Mercurai's Priestess

Magus's Forum Picture

Name: Fae, The Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Other. I haven't found any major religion that I agree with. I honestly adopted the 'I don't care' method. Why should I focus my life around finding a higher power when I'll ultimately find out the truth when I die. I'm just gonna live life to the fullest and not focus on that - too time consuming.
This how people should live their life. Not caring about who is there. Just focus on now than later.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #2127
embers
Banned

Name: Hoshino

I love the flaw in religion that if the Devil truly was evil, he would send bad people to heaven.
embers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 04:42 AM   #2128
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by embers View Post
I love the flaw in religion that if the Devil truly was evil, he would send bad people to heaven.
This makes me wonder whether thw followers who seem to be obsessed with justice are being entirely serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 04:07 AM   #2129
sammydream

sammydream's Forum Picture

gOD, bLEP!
sammydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #2130
unknownuser
Awesome Poster

Christian (Roman Catholic).
I don't have a problem with other religions, I mean, I'm not going to hold a grudge against someone who doesn't believe in God, it's their choice- just like I choose to believe in Him.
unknownuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #2131
Sogeking
An Old Ghost

Sogeking's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
Anyone who worships such a monster needs to be locked up in a... rubber room.

Way to go on insulting the majority of Christians, Lord Ad Hominem.
Sogeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #2132
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." - Deuteronomy 13:13-19
When you say this, do you even understand the meaning? This is not directed to anyone, but those who believe in the LORD, and then go against Him.
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #2133
Perseus
Legendary Member

Perseus's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanks97 View Post
When you say this, do you even understand the meaning? This is not directed to anyone, but those who believe in the LORD, and then go against Him.
It's still commanding to kill people. An entire city at that. If God is perfect, he shouldn't be able to have anger, since that is a human emotion and humans are imperfect.
Perseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #2134
Jess

Name: Jessica

Quote:
1. What Perseus said.

2. did you read the other quotes I put? A rape victim has to marry her rapist. how sick is that?
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #2135
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
It's still commanding to kill people. An entire city at that. If God is perfect, he shouldn't be able to have anger, since that is a human emotion and humans are imperfect.
You obviously don't understand the law. If less than half the city, (mind you, the entire city was convinced to go to false gods,) they are sent to court. Also, there are opinions saying that this has and never will happen. There are so many other preventions that try to stop the killing the entire city. So next time you come to bash another religion, you (and anyone else) should have some idea what they are talking about.

Last edited by StoppingTime; July 13th, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old July 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #2136
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
1. What Perseus said.

2. did you read the other quotes I put? A rape victim has to marry her rapist. how sick is that?
You cannot take the laws 100% literally, that is not how they were written.
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #2137
Perseus
Legendary Member

Perseus's Forum Picture

Quote:
You cannot take the laws 100% literally, that is not how they were written.
Why shouldn't they be taken at 100%? They are the word of God, correct? If it's the word of God, then it was verbatim to what He said. Since he's God, He wouldn't make any discrepancies. It would be exactly what He said. No fancy metaphor or double meaning.
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #2138
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

Quote:
Why shouldn't they be taken at 100%? They are the word of God, correct? If it's the word of God, then it was verbatim to what He said. Since he's God, He wouldn't make any discrepancies. It would be exactly what He said. No fancy metaphor or double meaning.
This is incorrect. When the Bible was originally taught to the people by Moses, everyone understood it completely, and did not need any explanation. However, this has not been the case up to the present which is why there are commentaries on the Bible and explanations. It is still perfect, although the people of this generations cannot understand it as they should without the appropriate commentaries.
Old July 13th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #2139
Perseus
Legendary Member

Perseus's Forum Picture

Quote:
It is still perfect
That is wrong. The Bible is not perfect. "Why?", you shall ask. This is because it has been translated multiple times. From ancient Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic. Also from Latin, to the now present languages, such as English. Things get lost in translation, words change meaning. And if it's so perfect, as you claim, then why should people be taught to understand its meaning? It shouldn't need to be taught to understand it if it's perfect.
Old July 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #2140
RoseyCadaver
Awesome Poster

RoseyCadaver's Forum Picture

Name: Violet

Quote:
That is wrong. The Bible is not perfect. "Why?", you shall ask. This is because it has been translated multiple times. From ancient Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic. Also from Latin, to the now present languages, such as English. Things get lost in translation, words change meaning. And if it's so perfect, as you claim, then why should people be taught to understand its meaning? It shouldn't need to be taught to understand it if it's perfect.
Don't forget there have been some altercations have been made on purpose like the KJV.

Anyways,one of the biggest flaws in religion would be why would an all knowing loving all everything God send a few of his children to a hell for being who they're(believing in another God ,GLBT,etc.).

Also,why did God go from two different spectrums from the first testament to second?

My pronouns are they/them/theirs.
Dead queer
RoseyCadaver is offline   Reply With Quote