Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Old March 13th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Scar

Default which one xbox/ps2

i have wonder which one do people like better PS2 or XBOX i have both. i might get the xbox 360. but i might get the ps3 when it comes out. the psp sucks even though i am on here wit it.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #2
Skhorpion
Awesome Poster

xbox is obviously more powerful than ps2 and has better mods

All is fair in love and war.
Skhorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #3
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

i persoanlly prefer the ps2 and im waiting for the ps3 to come out because its unlikely that sony are going to release a games console worse than one that is already out
Aηdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #4
advent_child
Member+

advent_child's Forum Picture

while the xbox is the most powerful out of all the sixth generation systems, the ps2 sold more colsols. there werent enough consol only games to warrant buying the ten pound consol. ps3 , sporting an eight core processor (nine, but one is redundantly inactive) and the 7800 gpu , will be the most powerful consol for seventh gen. the xbox 360 comes in second, while the revolution comes in third. nintendo is keeping eveyone in the dard about its specs, but they will be the lowest. most homes dont have hi def, so that really dosent matter, and the controller is unique for the revolution. i need that super smash/zelda/final fantasy/tekken 5 game feel so im gettinga ps3 and a revolution. not enough consol only games to warrant the 360 (halo is good, but not enough). and besides, the controller for the revo can tell where it is in 3d space, so lightsaber combat can stop sucking majorly as you control the sword by moving the controller as you would its handle.

The term "utopia" is combined from two Greek words — "no" (ou) and "place/land" (topos), thus meaning "nowhere" or more literally, "no-place/no-land."

(...)God(...)I(...)love(...)ellipses(...)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...revolt/SGE.jpg
advent_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #5
R_master
Member++

R_master's Forum Picture

xbox is more powerful but the ps2 has a much better game selection/quality of games imo, sure xbox has like halo...but that isnt enough to make me want one.
R_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #6
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

i heard that the xbox live thing for the 360 is microsofts way of trying to win the battle

oh and guys please dont turn this into a fight over which is better.... because the ps3 isnt released yet and no final stats have been released and only when it is released will we know
Old March 14th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #7
Skhorpion
Awesome Poster

the ps3 doesnt have an 8 core processor, its 8 "cells" which suck for their purpose

the 360 has 3 perfectly working cores

the 360 also has 287gb/s of RAM bandwidth while the ps3 has one fifth of that (48gb/s)

All is fair in love and war.
Skhorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #8
advent_child
Member+

advent_child's Forum Picture

the xbox 360's power pc 3 core processor has 165 million transistors. the ps3 "cell" processor has 234 million transistors. the processor consists of nine synergesic processing elements. one is redundant, the other is the base cpu. there are several different bandwidths inside a system. (ram to cpu cpu to gpu so on so forth) what really matters is the bandwidth from the ram to the cpu, and the cpu's front side bus speed. here are the bandwidth specs for the ps3 :

25.6 GB/s to Main Ram XDR DRAM: 64 bits × 3.2 GHz
22.4 GB/s to GDDR3 VRAM: 128 bits × 700 MHz × 2 accesses per clock cycle (one per edge)
RSX 20 GB/s (write), 15 GB/s (read)
SB 2.5 GB/s write and 2.5 GB/s read
204.8 GB/s Cell Element Interconnect Bus (Theoretical peak performance)[11]
Cell FlexIO Bus:35 GB/s outbound, 25 GB/s inbound (7 outbound and 5 inbound 1Byte wide channels operating at 5Ghz) (effective bandwidth typically 50-80% of total)[12]

here are the bandwidth specs for the 360 :

22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth (700 MHz × 2 accesses per clock cycle (one per edge) on a 128 bit bus)
256 GB/s eDRAM internal logic to eDRAM internal memory bandwidth
32 GB/s GPU to eDRAM bandwidth (2 GHz × 2 accesses per clock cycle on a 64 bit DDR bus)
21.6 GB/s front side bus (aggregated 10.8 GB/s upstream and downstream)
1 GB/s southbridge bandwidth (aggregated 500 MB/s upstream and downstream)

ps 3 gets 35 out and 25 in (in reguard to the processor)
360 gets a 10.8 ( 21.6 is derived from 10.8*2)
gb stands for gigabits
gB orGB stands for gigabytes
and 287 divided by five is 57.4, not 48

The term "utopia" is combined from two Greek words — "no" (ou) and "place/land" (topos), thus meaning "nowhere" or more literally, "no-place/no-land."

(...)God(...)I(...)love(...)ellipses(...)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...revolt/SGE.jpg
advent_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 11:00 PM   #9
BillyWitchDoctor.com
Great Poster

BillyWitchDoctor.com's Forum Picture

damn, uve done some research i like the ps2 more because it has much better game selection. also i dont like the xbox controllers but i find the ps2 ones much easier to use and adjust to.
BillyWitchDoctor.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #10
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

yer i just acnt get used the xbox controlers no matter how much i use it (its my friends) and i aslo like the ps2 choice of games