Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 17th, 2019, 02:52 PM   #21
Dmaxd123
Nice Poster

Default Re: What are your thoughts on homeschooling?

in theory not a bad idea, gives the family a bit more freedom if one parent works from home and one travels for work the whole family could then travel and see/experience more

in practice i know of one home schooled person that's parents taught them the earth is flat so now even as an adult they aren't well adjusted

but also if a teacher in a regular public/private school needs a 4 year degree, is there a test for home school parents to see if they are qualified before they are allowed to teach their kids at home?
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 03:04 PM   #22
thewilddog

thewilddog's Forum Picture

Name: The thing……
Unhappy Re: What are your thoughts on homeschooling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post
in theory not a bad idea, gives the family a bit more freedom if one parent works from home and one travels for work the whole family could then travel and see/experience more

in practice i know of one home schooled person that's parents taught them the earth is flat so now even as an adult they aren't well adjusted

but also if a teacher in a regular public/private school needs a 4 year degree, is there a test for home school parents to see if they are qualified before they are allowed to teach their kids at home?
Some parents use a ready made curriculum complete with activities etc. if you have questions about them, then google sonlight or calvert school. But yhhh you have a point. If they really are making it allll up as they go along with NO maths curriculum or english curriculum then especially for older kids that might be a problem! My friends mom is a wualified teacher AND she uses curriculums so yeah…

thx
-The Wild Dog- a homeschooler, debater, reader, coder. Loves hearing about new inventions and technology!

PM me whenever! I love to chat/rant! If you don't i'll PM you!
(My Uncle (professional photographer and computer programmer) took the photo of mr birthday dog!)
thewilddog is offline   Reply With Quote