Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 11th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #1
Just...Will
Awesome Poster

Just...Will's Forum Picture

Default My $0.02

Personally, I think that every thread in this forum turns into a flame war. I hate that. You people don't usually have grudges against each oter but that all changes once you get to the drug abuse problems forum. PLEASE STOP!!!!

-WILL

Je vais t'aime toujours.
Meme si tu ne m'aimes pas.
Rappeles-tu toujours ca.
Llama.

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/moon13.gif
Just...Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #2
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

the drug abuse forum should be shut down, it never helps anyone cuz you have idiot kids giving shit advice
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #3
Ravenous
Unregistered

There is a mod :s its shaolin pretty much. Hes a counseller so he can mod all forums. But he is very knowledgable on drugs and serves as a mod.
Old April 13th, 2005, 12:21 AM   #4
Anonymous
Unregistered

althugh hes knowledgable, his help is more of a conventioalcounselor approach, and people wnat to have a counselor they cna relate to.
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:26 AM   #5
Ravenous
Unregistered

I can relate to him. He knows what hes talking about because hes had experiences with drugs. Like me
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:13 AM   #6
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

so have a lot of peole that disagree
Old April 13th, 2005, 11:24 AM   #7
boognish
A Pleaser

have you taken drugs?

My Views Are Odd, I am Accutally a Republican
i dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it
i swear to drunk im not god

pm me if anyone needs any kind of help, i probly know the answer you seek
i got a new email...
its gmail! it is: [email protected]
boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #8
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Well...im sorry if i've caused any trouble.

However it's Cosmos who doesn't agree, he brings the debate forum in here with him. If im giving advise, im up for any critisism, i just want to encourage people to talk about drugs, because it's a very taboo subject and it effects alot of people, so its important to hear everyones views.

If you see each persons perspective on drugs, you see that some people are completly against it, others dont mind it but wouldnt try it, others want to try it etc.

It's perfectly normal to have an opinion on this subject, but if your completly against this forum, why? It's here for people to talk about drugs, and advise each other. I've never told any lies, or fabricrated any of my information, it might be a little flaky but im just giving you my opinion.

If you have a problem with the way im doing things, feel free to speak about it. Just don't go over the top, and start flaming each other with childish insults like "pathetic idiot kid" -

It's true, that kids don't get the information they need about drugs. There have been many many efforts to stop drug abuse, but people, teenagers especially, are prone to doing things that can be recreational or even cause harm. People naturally seek pleasure, however some people can get stuck in addictions, and it can be very hard for them to escape a cycle of drug use.

People will use drugs, regardless of what any safety warnings there are. Legal or not legal, how many people do you think listen to the warnings about smoking, yet stil smoke every day? Some people are just like that, addictive personality.

So people will do drugs, and teenagers are especially prone to experimenting, so it's important they do talk about it, and alot of drug use can cause problems, for some people and exaggerate mental health problems (which is why this forum exists).

If anyone has any problems with the way im giving advise, feel free to add your own, and critisize mine, thats important. So anyone who reads a thread and sees critisims about different views, can draw their own conclusions on wether it's simply worth it or not.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:24 PM   #9
Anonymous
Unregistered

no i havent used drugs, but when he counsels in other things, its hard to reate to him, i just wnat to rea dup on them.
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:35 PM   #10
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

It just seams like your advice is geared towards how drugs arent harmful and theres no reason why to stop doing them--instead of telling everyone how bad they are
Old April 14th, 2005, 09:18 AM   #11
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

So if someone came on here wanting to know what LSD does to you, and was planning on doing it (we dont know?) should i just lock the thread?

He could just take it while driving not thinking about hte risks.

People who come on this forum to post seriously about drugs, probably have had experiance with them. teenagers are likely to experiment and they need to know the risks, and if you think not telling them what else they do (because positive effects can be effects not everyone wants to achieve).

And you don't need to take my advise, im just giving out facts and my opinion. Im not a moderator of this forum specifically, and as ive said before, i welcome anyone else to give advise on the subject.

All that you appear to be doing is critising me. So please stop, and don't come to this forum if you just want to harass me, or anyone.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Old April 14th, 2005, 11:24 AM   #12
boognish
A Pleaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos
It just seams like your advice is geared towards how drugs arent harmful and theres no reason why to stop doing them--instead of telling everyone how bad they are
umm...he is telling the actual possible side effects. good and bad. has he ever said go out and smoke dope? no. has he told you dont snort coke? why yes, i think he has. so if you think he isnt telling the whole truth, like the gov't is, you're mistaken. he is telling truth based on actual un-biased data, unlike the gov't does

My Views Are Odd, I am Accutally a Republican
i dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it
i swear to drunk im not god

pm me if anyone needs any kind of help, i probly know the answer you seek
i got a new email...
its gmail! it is: [email protected]
boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 01:42 PM   #13
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Well yeah, why should we discuss drugs if you don't discuss the positive effects? People only use drugs because of the positive effects.

I think it's important that discussion of drugs should not be limited or restricted to just what bad they do to society and people. If you don't understand why people take drugs, why should you understand how to help them stop.

By giving advise on how to use drugs safely, im not telling you to do drugs, im trying to stop you from killing yourself or causing yourself serious harm. People will do drugs, and they need to know the pros and cons.

Old April 15th, 2005, 01:53 AM   #14
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Well yeah, why should we discuss drugs if you don't discuss the positive effects? People only use drugs because of the positive effects.
Thats great, so by telling people all these nice positive effects that you pull out of your ass is somehow gunna help people to stop taking drugs? no. i find that it encourages them, and that you are encouraging them
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:20 AM   #15
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

"Alcohol can play a major part in many people's social lives. That's why it's easy to forget that it's actually a very powerful drug. Technically speaking, it's a depressant which means it slows down your body's responses in all kinds of ways. Just enough can make you feel great, too much and it's all over."

Do you find anything particularily wrong with the "Just enough can make you feel great" part of that statement? Or...

What about -

"Alcohol is a relaxant so in moderation it can reduce feelings of anxiety, reduce inhibitions and make you feel more sociable.
It takes your body an hour to process one unit of alcohol. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that if you're downing them like there's no tomorrow, your body won't be able to cope. And you'll end up plastered."

What makes you think these statements will encourage someone to drink alcohol?

If your going to make a statement, or critisize me, atleast explain yourself fully. Why is telling people both the positives and negatives of using drugs - as in giving poeple all the information....rather than giving them HALF the information...

Would you rather they find out in hospital?

Old April 15th, 2005, 02:26 AM   #16
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Why is telling people both the positive and negative aspects of drug use 'persuasion' - I don't see any persausion i see facts.

Everyone knows what alcohol does, it gets you drunk, and people can have alot of fun on it. Some people have a real problem with alcohol and get real addicted, others don't do it at all. It can cause health problems, like liver damage, but it can reduce social anxiety, make you more lucid and comfortable. Etc

People who didn't want to drink in the first place, won't. People who want to drink, will do it, regardless of the health warnings. They should atleast know that when you drink, you can get drunk, and you can get very drunk. Being drunk is the positive effect of drinking, however for some people it can NOT be a positive effect, they might not like being drunk, or slurred speech, or being a loud mouth over confident etc. Does that mean i shouldn't tell them that's what will happen to you if you drink?

Old April 15th, 2005, 01:07 PM   #17
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

wow, 2 posts all about alcohol. thats great, alcohol is allowed. i dont care if anyone here drinks or gets drunk, thats not the issue. you can tell people that alcohol is great, because i agree that it makes people feel great (when used in moderation). whats not great however is using illegal drugs.
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:20 PM   #18
Lost_and_fallen
Member++

Lost_and_fallen's Forum Picture

In my oppinion, Shaolin's just being informative and that's what people need. Everyone has the right to develop their own oppinion but how are we supposed to do that if we have no information to base it on? We need both the negative and the positive sides of the argument.
And actually, alcohol is pretty similar to drugs...

*...All the possibility and promise just weighs on me so heavily...*
Lost_and_fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2005, 05:20 AM   #19
Just...Will
Awesome Poster

Just...Will's Forum Picture

I have to admit, Shaolin, that sometimes you go overboard. You'll get too enraged (bit of an overstatement there) over something that doesn't deserve it. You do contribute to the flame war problem in this forum, and the huge posts that you always seem to write are just freakishly annoying. Could you try to shorten it up and calm it down, please?

-WILL

Je vais t'aime toujours.
Meme si tu ne m'aimes pas.
Rappeles-tu toujours ca.
Llama.

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/moon13.gif
Just...Will is offline   Reply With Quote