Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #141
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbean
Think about turning the Nile into blood, maybe that's what started HIV, they drank from it on accident.
I don't know what the fuck you are talking about but HIV is a recent virus, the strain of micro organism that creates HIV as you know it only evolved enough to kill a human within the last 40 years or so.

I could have sworn the bible wasn't written 40 years ago.

Drinking blood = HIV? NO!

Drinking HIV infected blood = HIV YES!!

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline  
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #142
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLacK SunlighT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Hmm i wonder what evolution is? Oh my GOD, are you saying that people aren't getting taller every year, cause im pretty sure the average height of an adult male only 100 years ago or so was around 5'6.
I definetly believe people are evlolving and everything you just said, but uhh we can thank DDT and other factory farm hormones and pesticides for our people getting bigger. Anyone who consumes animal products also eats the harmful residues stored in the animal's flesh, milk and eggs. Farm animals have been dosed to grow 8 times as fast as they normally would.
Chemicals, hormones and pesticides have been fed to farm animals since the early 1930's.... and all this hype about drinking milk has had an effect on people too. The milk industries have been putting out nonsense advertisements saying that "Milk is essencial for health" and "you should drink a glass of milk with every meal!"... bullshit. America and Europe are the only parts of the world that consume dairy products frequently. Milk is made for baby cows, not for people. Hence, people are being fattened up and dosed certain chemicals that do have an effect on their growth pattern and their body mass. It's sad.
Your argument might be true to an extent, yet you miss my point entirely.

Evolution is a process of "the fittest survive", it begins with every human, the fittest sperm gets to the egg first, thus the weaker (less evolved) sperms die.

A good example is race. People with tanned, darker skin have their originas in countries more exposed to sun? Why do they have darker skin? It's a process of evolution, their bodies have adapted to the environment, tanned skin protects skin cells and reflects light better than white skin.

Chinease people are short, and their eyes are quite slim. This is because they are originates of the mongol race, a race which lived in a volatile climate, a short stocky build with slimmer eyes = better protection from weather, eyes are not so exposed to sand storms.

If you read a history book or two, you might notice that neanderthals (cavemen) were much shorter - this is proven with valid scientific proof, real existing bones from thousands of years ago (and many different specimens) show that the skull was a different shape, on average they were much shorter than your averages today, yes milk and other products may promote hormone growth, but it does not in any disprove evolution.

The existance of chemicals, proven with our helpful friend science, the existance of atoms, proves we are just structures of a smaller entity.

The big bang, a massive chemical reaction which started off our world is a far more rational and logical idea of the original creation than a misty figure floating around in the sky creativing everything in 7 days, simply because humans are made of essentially a bag of chemicals, and chemicals are made of atoms, and so is everything else in the world, including hte bible.

Now you could say then "God created the big Bang" but how could god create the universe and everything that makes it up, including himself, if he doesn't exist yet.

If god exists, who created God?

Relgion was a great way to answer many of these questions (life, creation etc) maybe a thousand or two years ago, but thankfully science is slowly disprooving the lies.

It's far better to believe the truth, rather than unproven 'fact'.

Now any Religious person who would like to try and turn my argument on it's head by reversing the answer for example "Show me proof god doesn't exist" is using an extrmely primitive debating strategy.

If a man decided to make a statement, "The aliens are attacking at 3pm" for example, he is entitled to proove his statement is true, otherwise why should others believe him, if he hasn't proven that his opinion is the most factual and true.

The same goes for science, the logic behind science and its motives behind the world proove themselves with experiments and research far more than religion has, afterall, church reform is an extreme rarity, the pope is finding it hard to grip the existance of homosexuality.

The pope infact once stated that AIDS can pass through the comdom, because of tiny holes in the comdom. Funny man, tell the good people not to use contraception, for it won't protect you. The funnier thing is scientists retested the condom to prove him wrong, the AIDs virus was far far larger than any microscopic hole in the average condom, only a tear or rip in an otherwise unadultered condom could prove to this effect.

So, my conclusion - Relgion is whack.

A great quote - "One person with a delusion is schizophrenic, a million people with a delusion is a religion"

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline  
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #143
TheWizard
Retired Administrator
 
TheWizard's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 19, 2004
Location: Hogwarts School
Default

I'm glad to see your opnion on this important matter. I share your views on science.

Josh

TheWizard is offline  
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #144
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Please, give me solid, reliable, proof that God doesn't exist. See? The argument works both ways.

And I stated this before about evolution: People who have studied realize that the whole creation story is metaphorical.

I agree with you about the blowing up abortion clinics and sniping abortion doctors thing. Anyone who does that in the name of God is a moron. Plus, there's one line in the Bible that goes something like "One isn't alive until they receive their first breath of God", so since babies don't breathe until they're born, nobody can back up abortion with their faith.
I can't give you any proof that proves God's existance. Can i proove the boogey man, or santa claus exist? No..

I can prove that Santa doesn't come down my chimney and lay presents under the tree every christmas, How? I don't have a chimney, and me and my family buy and wrap the presents.

If i can't physically prove he exists, then i really have no right to say he doesn't, yet i have a more valid argument, simply because my proof he doesn't exist is real and your proof he does exist is opinion based from over a milenium ago, and today, all acounts of his existance are also vastly unproven and not backed up claims of opinion, not fact.

The existance of evolution is fact. This has been proven by experiments, resaerch etc.

The existance of the garden of eden is, Myth. It cannot be proven, yet it can be believed and preached, and it can feature in a book.

The main difference here is, both opinions are found in text books, scientific opinion can be researched, you can even proove it yourself by following previous experiments or making your own. A bible leaves no room for this, you can speak to God, but he won't speak back. You can pray for a Mercedes Benz as an experiment...It won't appear, thus the conclusion of that experiment, God doesn't answer prayers.

When he does? The more valid and logical conclusion is not faith or miracle but probability.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline  
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:36 PM   #145
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
I'm glad to see your opnion on this important matter. I share your views on science.
Thankyou Josh that's nice of you. I also share your views on other subjects.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline  
Old February 5th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #146
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Please, give me solid, reliable, proof that God doesn't exist. See? The argument works both ways.

And I stated this before about evolution: People who have studied realize that the whole creation story is metaphorical.

I agree with you about the blowing up abortion clinics and sniping abortion doctors thing. Anyone who does that in the name of God is a moron. Plus, there's one line in the Bible that goes something like "One isn't alive until they receive their first breath of God", so since babies don't breathe until they're born, nobody can back up abortion with their faith.
I can't give you any proof that proves God's existance. Can i proove the boogey man, or santa claus exist? No..

I can prove that Santa doesn't come down my chimney and lay presents under the tree every christmas, How? I don't have a chimney, and me and my family buy and wrap the presents.

If i can't physically prove he exists, then i really have no right to say he doesn't, yet i have a more valid argument, simply because my proof he doesn't exist is real and your proof he does exist is opinion based from over a milenium ago, and today, all acounts of his existance are also vastly unproven and not backed up claims of opinion, not fact.

The existance of evolution is fact. This has been proven by experiments, resaerch etc.

The existance of the garden of eden is, Myth. It cannot be proven, yet it can be believed and preached, and it can feature in a book.

The main difference here is, both opinions are found in text books, scientific opinion can be researched, you can even proove it yourself by following previous experiments or making your own. A bible leaves no room for this, you can speak to God, but he won't speak back. You can pray for a Mercedes Benz as an experiment...It won't appear, thus the conclusion of that experiment, God doesn't answer prayers.

When he does? The more valid and logical conclusion is not faith or miracle but probability.
You keep bringing up the same point. Evolution, blah blah blah, creation story, blah blah blah, etc. So I'll keep bringing up the same point I've made.

If you've taken time to study the bible, you'd realize the creation story is metaphorical.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 5th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #147
maximan
Member++
 
maximan's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 25, 2004
Location: My room, obviously
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Please, give me solid, reliable, proof that God doesn't exist. See? The argument works both ways.

And I stated this before about evolution: People who have studied realize that the whole creation story is metaphorical.

I agree with you about the blowing up abortion clinics and sniping abortion doctors thing. Anyone who does that in the name of God is a moron. Plus, there's one line in the Bible that goes something like "One isn't alive until they receive their first breath of God", so since babies don't breathe until they're born, nobody can back up abortion with their faith.
I can't give you any proof that proves God's existance. Can i proove the boogey man, or santa claus exist? No..

I can prove that Santa doesn't come down my chimney and lay presents under the tree every christmas, How? I don't have a chimney, and me and my family buy and wrap the presents.

If i can't physically prove he exists, then i really have no right to say he doesn't, yet i have a more valid argument, simply because my proof he doesn't exist is real and your proof he does exist is opinion based from over a milenium ago, and today, all acounts of his existance are also vastly unproven and not backed up claims of opinion, not fact.

The existance of evolution is fact. This has been proven by experiments, resaerch etc.

The existance of the garden of eden is, Myth. It cannot be proven, yet it can be believed and preached, and it can feature in a book.

The main difference here is, both opinions are found in text books, scientific opinion can be researched, you can even proove it yourself by following previous experiments or making your own. A bible leaves no room for this, you can speak to God, but he won't speak back. You can pray for a Mercedes Benz as an experiment...It won't appear, thus the conclusion of that experiment, God doesn't answer prayers.

When he does? The more valid and logical conclusion is not faith or miracle but probability.
You keep bringing up the same point. Evolution, blah blah blah, creation story, blah blah blah, etc. So I'll keep bringing up the same point I've made.

If you've taken time to study the bible, you'd realize the creation story is metaphorical.
If you've taken the time to study the world around you more, you'd realize almost nothing in the Bible is true.
maximan is offline  
Old February 5th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #148
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Please, give me solid, reliable, proof that God doesn't exist. See? The argument works both ways.

And I stated this before about evolution: People who have studied realize that the whole creation story is metaphorical.

I agree with you about the blowing up abortion clinics and sniping abortion doctors thing. Anyone who does that in the name of God is a moron. Plus, there's one line in the Bible that goes something like "One isn't alive until they receive their first breath of God", so since babies don't breathe until they're born, nobody can back up abortion with their faith.
I can't give you any proof that proves God's existance. Can i proove the boogey man, or santa claus exist? No..

I can prove that Santa doesn't come down my chimney and lay presents under the tree every christmas, How? I don't have a chimney, and me and my family buy and wrap the presents.

If i can't physically prove he exists, then i really have no right to say he doesn't, yet i have a more valid argument, simply because my proof he doesn't exist is real and your proof he does exist is opinion based from over a milenium ago, and today, all acounts of his existance are also vastly unproven and not backed up claims of opinion, not fact.

The existance of evolution is fact. This has been proven by experiments, resaerch etc.

The existance of the garden of eden is, Myth. It cannot be proven, yet it can be believed and preached, and it can feature in a book.

The main difference here is, both opinions are found in text books, scientific opinion can be researched, you can even proove it yourself by following previous experiments or making your own. A bible leaves no room for this, you can speak to God, but he won't speak back. You can pray for a Mercedes Benz as an experiment...It won't appear, thus the conclusion of that experiment, God doesn't answer prayers.

When he does? The more valid and logical conclusion is not faith or miracle but probability.
You keep bringing up the same point. Evolution, blah blah blah, creation story, blah blah blah, etc. So I'll keep bringing up the same point I've made.

If you've taken time to study the bible, you'd realize the creation story is metaphorical.
If you've taken the time to study the world around you more, you'd realize almost nothing in the Bible is true.
I'm sorry, I must be too enslaved by my faith. Care to elaborate?

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:03 AM   #149
maximan
Member++
 
maximan's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 25, 2004
Location: My room, obviously
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Please, give me solid, reliable, proof that God doesn't exist. See? The argument works both ways.

And I stated this before about evolution: People who have studied realize that the whole creation story is metaphorical.

I agree with you about the blowing up abortion clinics and sniping abortion doctors thing. Anyone who does that in the name of God is a moron. Plus, there's one line in the Bible that goes something like "One isn't alive until they receive their first breath of God", so since babies don't breathe until they're born, nobody can back up abortion with their faith.
I can't give you any proof that proves God's existance. Can i proove the boogey man, or santa claus exist? No..

I can prove that Santa doesn't come down my chimney and lay presents under the tree every christmas, How? I don't have a chimney, and me and my family buy and wrap the presents.

If i can't physically prove he exists, then i really have no right to say he doesn't, yet i have a more valid argument, simply because my proof he doesn't exist is real and your proof he does exist is opinion based from over a milenium ago, and today, all acounts of his existance are also vastly unproven and not backed up claims of opinion, not fact.

The existance of evolution is fact. This has been proven by experiments, resaerch etc.

The existance of the garden of eden is, Myth. It cannot be proven, yet it can be believed and preached, and it can feature in a book.

The main difference here is, both opinions are found in text books, scientific opinion can be researched, you can even proove it yourself by following previous experiments or making your own. A bible leaves no room for this, you can speak to God, but he won't speak back. You can pray for a Mercedes Benz as an experiment...It won't appear, thus the conclusion of that experiment, God doesn't answer prayers.

When he does? The more valid and logical conclusion is not faith or miracle but probability.
You keep bringing up the same point. Evolution, blah blah blah, creation story, blah blah blah, etc. So I'll keep bringing up the same point I've made.

If you've taken time to study the bible, you'd realize the creation story is metaphorical.
If you've taken the time to study the world around you more, you'd realize almost nothing in the Bible is true.
I'm sorry, I must be too enslaved by my faith. Care to elaborate?
I never said you were enslaved. I was saying you believe in falsehoods (god)
maximan is offline  
Old February 6th, 2005, 05:16 AM   #150
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Default

Quote:
You keep bringing up the same point. Evolution, blah blah blah, creation story, blah blah blah, etc. So I'll keep bringing up the same point I've made.

If you've taken time to study the bible, you'd realize the creation story is metaphorical.
I ask you for proof of gods existance. You gave me none. You claim he exists yet you cannot prove it.

You keep fighting back with the same argument because you have nothing new to add, perhaps if you had some data to backup your arguments you wouldn't get so easily bogged down in the debate forum.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline  
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM   #151
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
You keep bringing up the same point. Evolution, blah blah blah, creation story, blah blah blah, etc. So I'll keep bringing up the same point I've made.

If you've taken time to study the bible, you'd realize the creation story is metaphorical.
I ask you for proof of gods existance. You gave me none. You claim he exists yet you cannot prove it.

You keep fighting back with the same argument because you have nothing new to add, perhaps if you had some data to backup your arguments you wouldn't get so easily bogged down in the debate forum.
I use the Bible as my proof.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #152
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Default

Quote:
I use the Bible as my proof.
Fair enough, you stick to your 2000 year old source book, i'll stick to modern day technoledgy which disproves much of the 'bible'.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline  
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #153
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
I use the Bible as my proof.
Fair enough, you stick to your 2000 year old source book, i'll stick to modern day technoledgy which disproves much of the 'bible'.
Give me specific examples of this modern day technology that disproves the bible.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #154
mrbean
Member
 
Join Date: January 24, 2005
Location: Dunno
Default

Honestly, I think the Bible's right, but that's just because I don't think anyone would write a book full of lies so that everyone would believe it.
mrbean is offline  
Old February 6th, 2005, 06:42 PM   #155
TheWizard
Retired Administrator
 
TheWizard's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 19, 2004
Location: Hogwarts School
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbean
Honestly, I think the Bible's right, but that's just because I don't think anyone would write a book full of lies so that everyone would believe it.
People believe in Harry Potter, but that doesn't prove magic is real.

Josh

TheWizard is offline  
Old February 7th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #156
maximan
Member++
 
maximan's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 25, 2004
Location: My room, obviously
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
I use the Bible as my proof.
Fair enough, you stick to your 2000 year old source book, i'll stick to modern day technoledgy which disproves much of the 'bible'.
Give me specific examples of this modern day technology that disproves the bible.
No skeletal remains or solid proof of Jesus's existance has ever been found.
maximan is offline  
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #157
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
I use the Bible as my proof.
Fair enough, you stick to your 2000 year old source book, i'll stick to modern day technoledgy which disproves much of the 'bible'.
Give me specific examples of this modern day technology that disproves the bible.
No skeletal remains or solid proof of Jesus's existance has ever been found.
Where's the modern day technology?

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #158
Julio caesar shavez the 4
Nice Poster
 
Join Date: January 26, 2005
Default

wow a lot of qoutes
Julio caesar shavez the 4 is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #159
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
I use the Bible as my proof.
Fair enough, you stick to your 2000 year old source book, i'll stick to modern day technoledgy which disproves much of the 'bible'.
Give me specific examples of this modern day technology that disproves the bible.
No skeletal remains or solid proof of Jesus's existance has ever been found.
No skeletal remains or solid proof of the Egyptian pharoah Smenkhare has ever been found, does that mean he never existed?

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 20th, 2005, 11:24 AM   #160
Dante
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: June 30, 2004
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 18
Default

look, it is either you belive in GOD or you don't. I am a christian, I am proud to be a Christian. I believe with out god you are dammned to hell. Yes, Evolution might seem plausible, but I don't belive it.
I also agree that religion is kind of shady, some things dont add up.

I find it kind of funny that people get mad about people bashing gays, but there is no problem when people bash Christianity. I don't say it is not the same thing, beacuse it is.

If Any Member needs to talk to me about anything, Just PM me, the door is always open.

My blog: Blog...
Dante is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org