Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 13th, 2019, 05:35 PM   #1321
Drewwho
Junior Member+

Drewwho's Forum Picture

Name: Drew
Default Re: How did you first find out you were gay or bi?

I was 14 and a half and had already had a couple of girlfriends before. Nothing beyond a bit of kissing and a little bit of feeling around though. I can honestly say that beyond some comparing with other lads in the changing rooms, I had never thought about boys in that way before. I was at my best friend’s house for a sleepover. Both of us shared his bed and we were in our underwear. He told me that he had something to tell me, but it took him ages to actually say anything. Then he blurted out that he thought he might be gay. We talked about it and I constantly reassured him that I had no problem with it and that he’s always be my best friend. He asked if he could kiss me and I said okay. I didn’t hate it and the world didn’t come to an end, but I didn’t really feel the spark as it were.

We continued snogging through the night and that lead to us playing with each other’s *bits*. It felt good.

The next day we talked some more and he asked me out as his boyfriend. I didn’t feel comfortable with this, even though I said yes at the time. A couple of weeks later and I told him that while I thought us messing about was okay, I didn’t want to be his boyfriend. I knew instinctively that he was much more into it than I was and that felt like I was lying to him. I broke it off. Our friendship was strained for a while, but we got over that. We still mess around together and I also mess around with some of my other friends too, mostly out of boredom, something to do or to let off steam.

I don’t call myself bisexual. It’s only girls that I seem to be able to forge a physical and emotional bond with. With lads, it’s just about the sex, nothing more. I can’t seem to make any emotional connection with a boy. I am attracted to some lads physically, seeing a guy with a fit body does turn me on. I’ve even had a handful of random hook ups, I don’t go looking for them, but I’ve been chatted up at parties and decided to go with it. I’ve not gone all the way with a guy. I’m not ruling it out, but I’m not sure how I feel about it.

So, I would describe myself as mostly straight and I’m quite comfortable with that label for now. In the future? Who knows?

Mostly Str8. Mostly Harmless.
Drewwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 05:56 PM   #1322
Knightley
Nice Poster

I've always know, When I was little I had crushes on Ariel for the little mermaid and Jasmin from Aladdin. My mum and dad never made a big deal of it so I never learned it was some thing to hide about myself. I'm almost sad I never got to have that big coming out moment but I'm also really glad. I've heard people stories of all the anxiety and fear of coming to terms with there sexuality and having to tell people and I'm sorry people have to go through that for something as simple as the sexuality
Knightley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 09:28 AM   #1323
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightley View Post
I've always know, When I was little I had crushes on Ariel for the little mermaid and Jasmin from Aladdin. My mum and dad never made a big deal of it so I never learned it was some thing to hide about myself. I'm almost sad I never got to have that big coming out moment but I'm also really glad. I've heard people stories of all the anxiety and fear of coming to terms with there sexuality and having to tell people and I'm sorry people have to go through that for something as simple as the sexuality
I'm pleased to hear that it was no problem for you. It wasn't an issue for me either, being raised by two moms and all. I wish more people had it just as easy, but unfortunately that isn't the case. :/

"A shovel is never not useful".

-Lee Everett
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:25 PM   #1324
KAG2020

Name: Joe

I think I had always known, but it was my first kiss with a guy, that made me realize I am Gay af.
KAG2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 01:36 PM   #1325
cozoe

Name: Zoe

I was 13, a friend and I were both at a school dance by ourselves so we danced together. Being close to her made me feel things I had never felt from being close to a boy at other dances or on a date. That was when I first realized.
cozoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 03:04 PM   #1326
karacoustic
Awesome Poster

karacoustic's Forum Picture

Name: Kara

I am bi but it took me a while to work things out. Growing up, especially in jr high, i guess i always knew but was not quite in a place to name it. Like i would look at other girls, but who doesn't at our age? Glancing at others, being curious, you know. That's normal. I would tell myself i am just curious, maybe more than most girls that is for sure. The turn in thinking was at the new years eve party, my funny and adorable friend joked that since we were both at there alone she was gonna kiss me at midnight. Haha, i thought. Very funny. Well turns out she did! And i liked it. Over the coming weeks she was just kinda playfully flirting with me when whenever we were out with friends and at school and i was like.... wait is she serious?.... finally one day i got the courage to make a move and long story short, she is my gf now. I have not told a lot of people and truthfully even telling you all this here on VT feels like a big step for me!!! I know i shouldn't feel that way. It shouldn't be a big deal.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
karacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 08:57 PM   #1327
Shaythen
Awesome Poster

Shaythen's Forum Picture

Name: Shaythen

I knew I liked girls, I really figured it out about 13 when my bff first kissed me and I really liked it
Shaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2019, 09:05 PM   #1328
Xxrdgfinestmxxx

Name: Antonio

I'd say it started when I started fooling around with my younger cousin we touched each other and then other things and ever since then I find men sexually arousing but not necessarily emotionally attractive
Xxrdgfinestmxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2019, 01:38 AM   #1329
RCT109
Banned

RCT109's Forum Picture

Name: S

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
I am bi but it took me a while to work things out. Growing up, especially in jr high, i guess i always knew but was not quite in a place to name it. Like i would look at other girls, but who doesn't at our age? Glancing at others, being curious, you know. That's normal. I would tell myself i am just curious, maybe more than most girls that is for sure. The turn in thinking was at the new years eve party, my funny and adorable friend joked that since we were both at there alone she was gonna kiss me at midnight. Haha, i thought. Very funny. Well turns out she did! And i liked it. Over the coming weeks she was just kinda playfully flirting with me when whenever we were out with friends and at school and i was like.... wait is she serious?.... finally one day i got the courage to make a move and long story short, she is my gf now. I have not told a lot of people and truthfully even telling you all this here on VT feels like a big step for me!!! I know i shouldn't feel that way. It shouldn't be a big deal.
Im happy for you Kara. I know exactly how you feel. Im bi too and it feels strange to say this but Im still not out to every one

but still glad you and your gf are happy togehter
SR
RCT109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2019, 01:47 AM   #1330
RCT109
Banned

RCT109's Forum Picture

I was 17 at the time maybe even 16, and i was hanging out with a guy friend, who was like a brother to me. He was bi and open about it. IDR exactly what happened but we ended up talking about this one guy and we sounded like 2 girls talking it was funny looking back on it. He and i both paused when i was like he's cute but/// .
then we both laughed and went on with the conversation. then over pizza that night we actually talked about me coming out as bi

Last edited by RCT109; April 3rd, 2019 at 01:51 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 10:42 AM   #1331
Emilyfox
Great Poster

Emilyfox's Forum Picture

Name: Emily

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
This makes me so happy
Emilyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2019, 12:44 PM   #1332
Elise05

Elise05's Forum Picture

Name: Elise

I think I never had a moment when I didn't know. In kindergarten I had a crush on a girl who sat next to me. But that was when I was 5. I just always liked girls. I remember in 4th grade my friends were talking about boys they liked. They asked me. I couldn't say what I was thinking because I didn't like any boy. I liked one of them. In fifth grade I told my mom that I liked girls. She asked if I liked boys. I said I didn't know. In sixth grade I told my mom I didn't like boys. She said so you're a lesbian then? I said, I guess so! My parents have always been supportive. My friends have too
Elise05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2019, 02:26 AM   #1333
Molliec
Junior Member+

Name: Mollie

I don't really know which sounds stuipd I know but at the moment I like and am attracted to both boys and girls.
I think for me its more enjoying different experiences and discovering what my sexuality is.
I've not been with many people and I'm still a virgin in strict sense of the word but equally attracted to both genders and who knows if meet someone I want to settle down with in yeas to come maybe that will inform me of sexuality.
Sorry to ramble it's nother like clear cut for me.
Molliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2019, 09:09 AM   #1334
RCT109
Banned

RCT109's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molliec View Post
I don't really know which sounds stuipd I know but at the moment I like and am attracted to both boys and girls.
I think for me its more enjoying different experiences and discovering what my sexuality is.
I've not been with many people and I'm still a virgin in strict sense of the word but equally attracted to both genders and who knows if meet someone I want to settle down with in yeas to come maybe that will inform me of sexuality.
No need to be sorry,
I actually understand and appreciate when you are coming from.
Old April 11th, 2019, 08:27 PM   #1335
Elise05

Elise05's Forum Picture

Name: Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molliec View Post
Some people know who they are. Some aren't sure. Some change their feelings. I think it's okay for any of these.
Elise05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2019, 09:17 PM   #1336
Cali_Dreamer_Girl

I was 11 when I realized I was a lesbian
Cali_Dreamer_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2019, 11:21 PM   #1337
HFrint
Member++

HFrint's Forum Picture

Name: Henry

At the time My friend and I considered ourselves to be gay. We were both eight and in third grade. We enjoyed each others company many times and knew how to tweak each others delights .We both have since re-evaluated our views and consider ourselves straight. Were still good friends Im sure we will both never forget the special love we shared with each other.
HFrint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2019, 01:53 PM   #1338
Jaded

Jaded's Forum Picture

Name: Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFrint View Post
At the time My friend and I considered ourselves to be gay. We were both eight and in third grade. We enjoyed each others company many times and knew how to tweak each others delights .We both have since re-evaluated our views and consider ourselves straight. Were still good friends Im sure we will both never forget the special love we shared with each other.
That was very adorable. 8 is a little young in my eyes.

Accio Amore

Jaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2019, 08:44 PM   #1339
HFrint
Member++

HFrint's Forum Picture

Name: Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
That was very adorable. 8 is a little young in my eyes.
Ya... i think it was more curiosity than actual love though.

Be happy in your skin... its how god made you.
HFrint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2019, 08:54 PM   #1340
Jaded

Jaded's Forum Picture

Name: Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFrint View Post
Ya... i think it was more curiosity than actual love though.
Now that I think about it, I was sort of fond of my best friend at the time, but in 4th grade. I forgot all about that. I have a nephew who is going to be 9 and when I look at him playing Minecraft or with his Pokmon cards, in my mind I doubt sometimes he knows what sex is or even has a sexuality. I just realized that he most likely does.

Accio Amore

Jaded is offline   Reply With Quote