Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old October 9th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #1
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

Default Is the bible true or false?

Ok I think the bable (bible) is no more than a bad novel and thats it.

What do you think?

Josh

Old October 9th, 2005, 08:17 AM   #2
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

I think everyone knows what my answer is

True? Indeed.

Holla

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Old October 9th, 2005, 08:20 AM   #3
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

well cause i am an up standing catholic i am going say it is true, but other than that i actually like the bible, the book of revaltions, beautiful!

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old October 9th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #4
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

I think you need to stop bashing other religions and stop saying they are false.

Let the people believe what they want to believe. If it gives them comfort to pray to a higher being during times of crisis, then more power to them. But it is people like you that have to shove it down their throats that what they believe in is wrong.
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #5
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

He's just trying to have a debate ...

I'm cool with it, as long as no fight break out

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #6
Jazbo
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwshc
I think you need to stop bashing other religions and stop saying they are false.

Let the people believe what they want to believe. If it gives them comfort to pray to a higher being during times of crisis, then more power to them. But it is people like you that have to shove it down their throats that what they believe in is wrong.
Agreed. faith is what you make of it.

Quoting George Carlin:
"Keep thine religion to thine self!"

Sex drugs and rock and roll!! Except no drugs. Drugs suck ass.
Old October 9th, 2005, 11:37 AM   #7
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

i was unaware that josh was "bashing" any religion. He just stated that he thought the bible was false. Don't be Freakin' Out about it.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
Old October 9th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #8
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

I am not freaking out, I am just sick and tired of him and Matt repeatedly saying that religion is a crock of shit, religion is evil, anything having to do with religion is false, and anyone who is religious should drop dead.
Old October 9th, 2005, 01:23 PM   #9
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar
well cause i am an up standing catholic i am going say it is true, but other than that i actually like the bible, the book of revaltions, beautiful!
so your going to believe something and the sole basis for your beliefs is that you were born into soemthing your parents practiced? why dont you open your eyes and think for yourself
Old October 9th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #10
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's an amazing,powerful,creative book. It has SOME mannerisms that people should follow. I wouldn't put my life on it or make it my religion.

Old October 9th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #11
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Dying_to_Live->
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar
so your going to believe something and the sole basis for your beliefs is that you were born into soemthing your parents practiced? why dont you open your eyes and think for yourself

well actually i have grown more to religion now than i ever have been i make the decision myself like my mam never brought us to church or anything like that except christmas so i wouldnt say i was immersed in it but now i do believe it cause i chhose myself to believe it, just because u have a problem with religion please dont bash mine

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old October 9th, 2005, 03:17 PM   #12
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

im not bashing your religion, im bashing the fact that you think "chosing to believe" makes somethign TRUE. it DOESNT. i coudl chose to have the sun made out of gold, but that doesnt make it happen
Old October 9th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #13
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

Your arguments are futile and pointless.
Old October 9th, 2005, 03:22 PM   #14
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

no th4ey arent theyre the most solid wall that youll never be able to breakthrough because you know its true. believing in santa claus doesnt make him real no matter how much u want
Old October 9th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #15
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

But believe in Santa clause is a fun, childhood belief. Now you CANNOT sit there and tell me didn't you always anticipated Santa arrival. you CANNOT sit here and tell me you didnt long for a chance to get a glimpse of the elusive santa, and meet his merry self. You CANNOT sit there and tell me that you weren't always good so santa would bring your presents, and that you didnt always prey to santa to bring you what you wanted.
Santa was, and still is a thing for little children to look forward to, adn to be good the whole year for, and to look up to as a role model and figure.
And if you had none of those feelings, you had a sad childhood.
I loved Santa.
Old October 9th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #16
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

Quote:
no th4ey arent theyre the most solid wall that youll never be able to breakthrough because you know its true. believing in santa claus doesnt make him real no matter how much u want
I understand that you yourself obviously don't believe in it. But just because you "don't" believe in somting doenst meen its not ture. I follow my own path, I choose to follow it, and i believe its ture. Do I as anyone to follow in my wake, no, so it should not offend or affect anybody else.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #17
teencrazykid
Banned

teencrazykid's Forum Picture

GET BACK TO THE FUCKING POINT!!!!!!!! Is the Bible real? I think so, but there are some things evident in the world from the past that I think the writers of the Bible left out for their own conveiniences.
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #18
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

ah now theres no need to shout

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old October 9th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #19
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavetosociety
Quote:
I understand that you yourself obviously don't believe in it. But just because you "don't" believe in somting doenst meen its not ture. I follow my own path, I choose to follow it, and i believe its ture. Do I as anyone to follow in my wake, no, so it should not offend or affect anybody else.
and once again your telling me something is factual just because you believe in it. go kill yourself and come back to me as an angel and then ill believe you. until then.....
Old October 9th, 2005, 07:50 PM   #20
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

what the fuck is your problem damnit. You have never, the whole time I've been on vt, said one god damn nice thing to me. Do I upset you, do I make you angry, what the fuck is matter with you. if you want to start somting, you have, so what is it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread