Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 21st, 2013, 08:42 AM   #1
Youmadbro
Banned

Name: Klawdette
Default Bullying

I am just curious... To anyone out there who bullies and has come onto this website...

Why do you do it? Does it bring you some uncanny satisfaction, putting other smaller people down and making them feel like nothing? Do you like to hear their cries for help, their screams of terror, and their looks of fear when they see you? Is it a joyous occasion when you send someone home with broken bones, chipped teeth, bleeding injuries, or feeling like they just don't deserve to go on? Do you like to realize that you might have pushed or are pushing someone to suicide?

I'm asking those questions to bullies. To people like me, who are/have been bullied their entire lives...

You don't need to listen to them. A bully doesn't know who you are, what you've gone through or how you feel. You are a person, just like them. You aren't some maggot with legs. They don't know you, they don't know your circumstances. All they know is you look weaker, inferior. But you're not. If you've made it this far, you have the strength of an Angel and the heart of gold.
When you don't retaliate, don't call them back names, just defend yourself and move on, that makes you a bigger person. Bigger than that bully that just called you a bad name. Bigger than anyone that has never been bullied before.
You don't need to worry about what they have to say. What they say doesn't have anything to do with you, even though it is directed at you. They don't know anything of what they're talking about. All they know is they see you, and for some reason they see a target. But you are better than to let yourself be one.
A bully has no reason to be mean to you, either. So what if you're gay? So what if you're African American? So what if you have no hair because of cancer? So what if you have Down Syndrome? So what if you're pregnant? So what if you're only 4'11" and a guy?

So what? You're a person, just like them. They don't know you. You could have a hormone imbalance, making you gay. Your family could have been part of the African American civil rights movement, making you a legend. You had cancer. That's enough. You could have beaten odds as a child and lived, making you an amazing fighter. You could have been raped, and conceived. Your family could be small, making you small.
Bullies don't know those stories. They just see what's in front of them. I have made it my resolve to never listen to them again. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but never again will those words hurt me.
Youmadbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:51 AM   #2
XxAssasiNxX
Member+

XxAssasiNxX's Forum Picture

Name: Dylan
Default Re: Bullying

Your jimmies were rustled alright.
Butthurt. jpeg
XxAssasiNxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Youmadbro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAssasiNxX View Post
Your jimmies were rustled alright.
Butthurt. jpeg
Um.. Okay.
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:13 AM   #4
Sephtyan
Member+

Sephtyan's Forum Picture

Name: Hidden

I was bullied for a long time, from the beginning to elementary school through to the end of middle school. After I got into high school, I learned what bullying is from the other side. From what I experienced, bullying isn't about whether you like picking on the other kid, and the other kid doesn't have to be smaller, for that matter. It's all about fitting in with other people, people who, for the first time in your life, reluctantly but unmistakably accept you. Accept you not for who you are but how funny you are. And if, because your parent abused you, or you didn't fit in anywhere else, the only kind of acceptance you were ever exposed to was that of others, of others who also were only misshapenly accepted into their friend's circles because of how funny they were, then you might think that it's all right to simply make that joke about the unfortunate zit on that one kid's face. You might think it's all right to just let slip one crack about how that poor kid's parent's are weird. You might think.

Bullying isn't about wanting to hurt others, bullying is about not being strong enough to make good friends, and having to rely on making fun of others in order to fit in. Ruining the bullied's life is simply a by-product of wanting to fit in yourself. Bullying sometimes happens without you knowing it. Bullying is just for weaker people, who aren't strong enough to make friends with the people who count in the long run.

"I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." Stephen F. Roberts

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." Stephen King

Pyrapisme is my co-pilot.
Sephtyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Jamesison
Banned

Name: James

Bullying is not cool. I had a good freind who was bullyed it really made him upset and made a lot of problems for him I think its so not cool.. I really feel bad for people who get that.. You have to try to stand up for your self when people do that..
Jamesison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:07 AM   #6
crepesuzette
Banned

Post Re: Bullying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesison View Post
Bullying is not cool. I had a good freind who was bullyed it really made him upset and made a lot of problems for him I think its so not cool.. I really feel bad for people who get that.. You have to try to stand up for your self when people do that..
don't worry i've been bulllied a lot more than anyone else has. people today still make subtle, snide comments to me. if they had known what my past was like, then they would be ashamed of what they say.
crepesuzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 08:01 PM   #7
Wanderer_
Banned

Name: Eva

Fight back
Wanderer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #8
jayyy-lmao
Great Poster

jayyy-lmao's Forum Picture

Name: Jayson (Or Jay)

I have an input here as to why bullies do it. I've been bullied a long time now, but I think this needs to be said.
It's true that when we are bullied, we try to disassociate ourselves from our bullies. We don't want to know their lives, their families, their friends. We just want them to leave us alone. But bullies are people too. W may go home every day to a nice family, to food and toys and happiness. But your bully might go home to abuse. To a cold house and no food. To a single parent, to parents who abuse them, to parents who take drugs and drink all the time. In their own home, where they should feel safe, they feel at risk. They might steal your lunch money because they had no breakfast, and there'll be no dinner waiting for them at home. Your lunch money may be keeping them from starving. You might have thought the bruises on your bully were from fights, but it's from their parents who hit them. Bullies have problems. Sometimes, they bully to make someone else feel small, to make them feel like they have some power.
I'm not saying that they should be forgiven, what they did was still wrong, but you shouldn't fight back, or shoot insults, you should tell a teacher or an adult. They can help them.

Trans guy / PM if you want to talk. I'll try to help.
If you're looking for a sign to not kill yourself today, this is it.
Personal blog
^FOLLOW ME ^
The trans teen survival guide
Gender/LGBTQ+ blog
jayyy-lmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #9
Danny Phantom
Great Poster

Danny Phantom's Forum Picture

Name: Danny

Bullies bully to make themselves feel better. Point blank, straight from the heart, from experience.
When I was bullied, I always responded back and made fun of the bullies too, and it makes me feel better. They project their insecurities upon another. Making fun of someone else and putting them down, makes them feel better, because they feel like someone is beneath them. Honestly though, I don't think bullies realize that they hurt people's feelings, at least that is how I see it.

3:57 PM [Scarlet Splinters] teenfootball your eyes sparkle like Saudia Arabia's oil wells

[dame] my laugh sounds like a car that doesn't want to start

[SoFarAway] its not the size of the boat, its the motion of the ocean
Danny Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #10
Youmadbro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaLynn View Post
Fight back
Some people can't, is the thing. A little seven-year-old can't fight back against a 12-year-old for anything.
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #11
Wanderer_
Banned

Name: Eva

I don't think it's a 7 vs 12 yr old issue
Doesn't have to be physical fighting
Wanderer_ is offline   Reply With Quote