Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2019, 02:17 PM   #21
Miss Equestrian
Member
 
Join Date: February 11, 2019
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Losing your doubts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
Interesting. Do peopel understand you saying wicca or do they get freaked out or think its weird or evil. I don't btw so not being rude.
Some people think right away when I say I believe in the Wicca they think I am a witch and am Satanic and perform witchcraft. That is far from the truth. Wicca is a very spiritual belief system. If people don't assume just like with anything else they would realize that it is actually a very loving belief system.
Miss Equestrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 03:28 PM   #22
Adamant
Great Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Losing your doubts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar2005 View Post
What do you believe in then?
Ok I know most people here can out argue me but I wil answer the question and hope people don't just want to shoot me down. Its ptobably easier for peopel who have been brought up in a religion but don't really know.
So I believe
1. There is some sort of God.
2. That Jesus existed and was a special/amazing person.
3. Not sure about stuff like the Virgin birth and miracles but if there is a God like the Bible says, maybe God could arrange that without any problems.
4. the Bible is an important book with loads of advice in it. Not sure how literally I am suposed to take everything and the church I have started going to says they believe its God's word and basically all true.
4. That going to church and trying to be good isn't what being a Christian is all about but is maybe something to aim at if you are a Christian.

Now the big bit.
I get the idea that being a Christian can be like being adopted into a new family. I have been adopted so can understand the idea but then I am supposed to give my life to Jesus so he's in charge and not me. Then I get forgiveness and love (yes please) and a life that could be tough ( not so good) and challenging e.g. forgive my dad (very very tough) and God's love and power living in me ( not so I can have superpowers) but to be what God wants me to be. That sounds great.

I don't like me very much so do like the idea of being made all new but been let down quite a lot so don't want to get this wrong .
Can I trust these people at church, trust God? Do I beleive enough. Thats what I am struggling with.

if you got to the end of this you probabvly deserve a medal
If you hgave any advice/suggestions fine but no insults please.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 10:22 PM   #23
Naters2000
Junior Member+
 
Name: Nate
Join Date: February 11, 2018
Location: Colorado
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Re: Losing your doubts

Yeah for sure. I'm Catholic and I wasn't too involved in the Church but recently I've really found the significance of my faith and I've been living it out.

I’m Nate, I play classical clarinet, love hiking, illustrating, and spending time with my incredible friends! Feel free to write a message on my board.
Naters2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 06:23 AM   #24
Oskarr2005
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Oscar
Join Date: June 16, 2018
Location: UK
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Default Re: Losing your doubts

@AdamAnt being a Christian is not about having a new family or having Jesus control your life. It's more about guide lines to follow so your life has a meaning and you do something good of it
Oskarr2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 09:00 AM   #25
Natacha
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Natacha
Join Date: November 10, 2018
Location: North of Copenhagen Denmark
Gender: Female
Default Re: Losing your doubts

Not to start any discussion and I don't mean any disrespect, but I have no doubt atheism is the right thing for me
Natacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 10:31 AM   #26
Adamant
Great Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Losing your doubts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar2005 View Post
@AdamAnt being a Christian is not about having a new family or having Jesus control your life. It's more about guide lines to follow so your life has a meaning and you do something good of it
I can go along with that in a way.
Maybe its a denominational thing and maybe its because I wasn't brought up in a faith but thats the sort of thing the church I go to says about being a Chtistian.
I also know that the new start thing sounds pretty good to me.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 12:07 PM   #27
Oskarr2005
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Oscar
Join Date: June 16, 2018
Location: UK
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Question Re: Losing your doubts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
I can go along with that in a way.
Maybe its a denominational thing and maybe its because I wasn't brought up in a faith but thats the sort of thing the church I go to says about being a Chtistian.
I also know that the new start thing sounds pretty good to me.
New start?
Are you getting baptized?
Oskarr2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 12:09 PM   #28
Adamant
Great Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Losing your doubts

Not yet as thats a prettyy big step like joining up for real.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 12:52 PM   #29
RattleHead
Awesome Poster
 
RattleHead's Forum Picture
 
Name: Spooky Eli.
Join Date: February 4, 2018
Location: In poor taste
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Losing your doubts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
Ok I know most people here can out argue me but I wil answer the question and hope people don't just want to shoot me down. Its ptobably easier for peopel who have been brought up in a religion but don't really know.
So I believe
1. There is some sort of God.
2. That Jesus existed and was a special/amazing person.
3. Not sure about stuff like the Virgin birth and miracles but if there is a God like the Bible says, maybe God could arrange that without any problems.
4. the Bible is an important book with loads of advice in it. Not sure how literally I am suposed to take everything and the church I have started going to says they believe its God's word and basically all true.
4. That going to church and trying to be good isn't what being a Christian is all about but is maybe something to aim at if you are a Christian.

Now the big bit.
I get the idea that being a Christian can be like being adopted into a new family. I have been adopted so can understand the idea but then I am supposed to give my life to Jesus so he's in charge and not me. Then I get forgiveness and love (yes please) and a life that could be tough ( not so good) and challenging e.g. forgive my dad (very very tough) and God's love and power living in me ( not so I can have superpowers) but to be what God wants me to be. That sounds great.

I don't like me very much so do like the idea of being made all new but been let down quite a lot so don't want to get this wrong .
Can I trust these people at church, trust God? Do I beleive enough. Thats what I am struggling with.

if you got to the end of this you probabvly deserve a medal
If you hgave any advice/suggestions fine but no insults please.
so the changing ur life thing is more about living by what the bible and jesus says, he doesn't litterally change anything, its not like flicking a switch, the forgivness is like flicking a swith tho, and Gods love is always there, even if u turn away from him

the thing is, everyone has a hard life, but as a believer you have God to help u through it.

Trust god? yes,, trust people? as much as u can any human person,

the place where you ask RattleHead questions, and he answers them.
The terror, which would not end for another twenty-eight years—if it ever did end—began, so far as I
know or can tell, with a boat made from a sheet of newspaper floating down a gutter swollen with
rain. - Stephen King
RattleHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 06:27 PM   #30
Zika
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Location: the sweet spot
Gender: Cisgender Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Losing your doubts

While I don't push the issue of religion one way or the other, I do think it's great that you've found something in your life where you'll be accepted and feel part of a group.
I know several people who've become religious in high school and they were largely drawn to a sense of belonging, support and a means of direction.

Last edited by Zika; February 19th, 2019 at 06:35 PM.
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 11:24 AM   #31
Katie2003
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Katelynn
Join Date: May 22, 2018
Location: very small town in rural area
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Default Re: Losing your doubts

I find that my faith continues to grow as I get older, and I want to become even more involved. My church promotes fellowship with others in the congregation and provides social activities for teens to participate in that aren't based on religious beliefs.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2019
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org