Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 21st, 2017, 10:52 AM   #61
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt
Default Re: Should Trump be impeached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living For Love View Post
Sure, but I was just wondering what exactly did Trump do to bring the US on the brink of nuclear war with North Korea that Kim Jong-un hadn't done before.
Threatening for shoot first, and he could actually hit North Korea, while it is still debated whether or not North Korea can hit the US. Plus that both are talking about destroying one another is escalating the whole thing to the brink of nuclear war.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 02:03 PM   #62
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Threatening for shoot first, and he could actually hit North Korea, while it is still debated whether or not North Korea can hit the US. Plus that both are talking about destroying one another is escalating the whole thing to the brink of nuclear war.
Before Trump's speech in the UN, North Korea threatened to attack Guam, wouldn't you expect Trump to fight back for his country after that threat? Not to mention the missile they launch into Japan's territory. And not to mention the fact that Korea has been doing illegal nuclear tests way long before Trump was elected.

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 03:38 PM   #63
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
Before Trump's speech in the UN, North Korea threatened to attack Guam, wouldn't you expect Trump to fight back for his country after that threat? Not to mention the missile they launch into Japan's territory. And not to mention the fact that Korea has been doing illegal nuclear tests way long before Trump was elected.
There is a right way to deal with North Korea's threats. "Fire and fury like the world as never seen" is not really it.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 21st, 2017, 03:55 PM   #64
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Quote:
There is a right way to deal with North Korea's threats. "Fire and fury like the world as never seen" is not really it.
Oh, please sir, enlighten me about the right way to deal with North Korea, I'm so curious to hear it.

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:29 PM   #65
Dmaxd123
Member++

Quote:
telling the north koreans that they are doing bad things and need a time out isn't going to do anything

telling them "we are prepared to wipe your country off of the map" that gets people thinking

as a proud United States Citizen, I'm going to sound terrible in saying this but if push comes to shove I would rather Trump & Mattis, and our allies bomb the crap out of N. Korea vs a large ground assault. yes it would make people want to impeach him more for killing innocent people but when push comes to shove I value me(USA) and my friends (Allied nations) more than my enemies(North Korea)
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 07:03 PM   #66
Kooy

Kooy's Forum Picture

Imma keep it short and say. I think jump out of proportion form all this...

Fallow the raven to find the wolf
Kooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 10:30 PM   #67
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
Oh, please sir, enlighten me about the right way to deal with North Korea, I'm so curious to hear it.
Simple talk with them, we all know what Kim Jong Un wants. He just wants to not being invaded by the US and killed, like they did with so many countries in the Middle East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post
telling the north koreans that they are doing bad things and need a time out isn't going to do anything

telling them "we are prepared to wipe your country off of the map" that gets people thinking

as a proud United States Citizen, I'm going to sound terrible in saying this but if push comes to shove I would rather Trump & Mattis, and our allies bomb the crap out of N. Korea vs a large ground assault. yes it would make people want to impeach him more for killing innocent people but when push comes to shove I value me(USA) and my friends (Allied nations) more than my enemies(North Korea)
Threatening them is just making everything worst and giving them a reason to continue. If Trump goes forward with what he said and does commit a mass genocide of the North Koreans, would he be impeached? Yes its worst than the war crimes Bush and Obama committed, but I don't think they would impeach him for it.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:19 AM   #68
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Quote:
Simple talk with them, we all know what Kim Jong Un wants. He just wants to not being invaded by the US and killed, like they did with so many countries in the Middle East.
Do you really believe that? Why must international leaders negotiate with Kim Jong-un and pretend they're talking to a democrat and not with a ruthless dictator that spends millions of dollars on military equipment while their own people are starving? Why hasn't Kim Jong-un been to a UN conference and peacefully state what he wants? Why has he been carrying out illegal nuclear tests (including a hydrogen bomb) for years and threaten to kill thousands of people in Guam? All the international community wants is North Korea to stop their illegal tests and threats. They keep stating and reiterating it for years, yet North Korea doesn't want to stop. Do you realise who is the agressor here? Democracy doesn't work with Kim Jong-un, only a fool hasn't realised that by now.

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:18 AM   #69
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
Do you really believe that? Why must international leaders negotiate with Kim Jong-un and pretend they're talking to a democrat and not with a ruthless dictator that spends millions of dollars on military equipment while their own people are starving?
Because that's only acceptable when elected leaders do it.

Quote:
Why hasn't Kim Jong-un been to a UN conference and peacefully state what he wants? Why has he been carrying out illegal nuclear tests (including a hydrogen bomb) for years and threaten to kill thousands of people in Guam? All the international community wants is North Korea to stop their illegal tests and threats. They keep stating and reiterating it for years, yet North Korea doesn't want to stop. Do you realise who is the agressor here? Democracy doesn't work with Kim Jong-un, only a fool hasn't realised that by now.
He's getting nukes to protect himself because he knows if he stops and get rid of his nuclear weapons the US will invade North Korea and overthrow and killed like they did in the Middle East. The sanctions clearly didn't work and a military action would end up with millions of innocent people in South Korea and Japan getting killed. Diplomacy is the only way to deal with this situation.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:26 AM   #70
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Quote:
Because that's only acceptable when elected leaders do it.
Sorry, not sure what you mean by this, he wasn't elected as far as I know.

Quote:
He's getting nukes to protect himself because he knows if he stops and get rid of his nuclear weapons the US will invade North Korea and overthrow and killed like they did in the Middle East.
What the hell? India, Pakistan, China and France also have nukes, do you see them threatening Guam and conducting illegal experiments? NK has nukes since 2006. How likely it is that the USA will invade NK if they stop the experiments? All the world wants is them to stop, they can have the nukes, just stop the threats and the experiments and the provocations.

Quote:
The sanctions clearly didn't work and a military action would end up with millions of innocent people in South Korea and Japan getting killed.
This is true, but Kim does not want diplomacy. He doesn't understand that language. All he understands is that he wants the world to be involved in a nuclear war.

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:54 AM   #71
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
Sorry, not sure what you mean by this, he wasn't elected as far as I know.
I was talking about the US.

Quote:
What the hell? India, Pakistan, China and France also have nukes, do you see them threatening Guam and conducting illegal experiments? NK has nukes since 2006. How likely it is that the USA will invade NK if they stop the experiments? All the world wants is them to stop, they can have the nukes, just stop the threats and the experiments and the provocations.
China, France and the UK got their nuclear weapons during the cold war, different context. India developed nukes to protect them self against China and Pakistan to protect them self against India. If you look at the history of the US just of the past 30 years I think there is a good chance it could happen.

Quote:
This is true, but Kim does not want diplomacy. He doesn't understand that language. All he understands is that he wants the world to be involved in a nuclear war.
How would you know that?

How is this related to Trumps impeachment again?

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:07 AM   #72
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Quote:
China, France and the UK got their nuclear weapons during the cold war, different context. India developed nukes to protect them self against China and Pakistan to protect them self against India. If you look at the history of the US just of the past 30 years I think there is a good chance it could happen.
So if Trump said tomorrow "The United States will never ever invade North Korea", do you think that Kim would stop his experiments/threats?

Why hasn't China, Russia and Iran threatened to bomb Guam? Why aren't they testing hydrogen bombs or their nukes?

Quote:
How would you know that?
Because he refuses to obey the international community's recommendations. He refuses to stop with his illegal experiments.

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:22 AM   #73
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
So if Trump said tomorrow "The United States will never ever invade North Korea", do you think that Kim would stop his experiments/threats?
If you work out a deal signed by both sides I think he would.

Quote:
Why hasn't China, Russia and Iran threatened to bomb Guam? Why aren't they testing hydrogen bombs or their nukes?
Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons or even the capability to hit Guam with conventional weapons. China and Russia don't have a reason to.

Quote:
Because he refuses to obey the international community's recommendations. He refuses to stop with his illegal experiments.
Because he knows if he stops he's dead.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:29 AM   #74
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Quote:
If you work out a deal signed by both sides I think he would.
No, imagine if he had said it in the U.N. speech. No deals, just saying it.

Quote:
China and Russia don't have a reason to.
Why not?

Quote:
Because he knows if he stops he's dead.
Do you support his tests? Do you think he should continue them indefinitely?

Please answer with yes or no.

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:43 AM   #75
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster

Name: Magnus

Quote:
No, imagine if he had said it in the U.N. speech. No deals, just saying it.
Then it would technically be worthless since any old leader could say something in the UN and then go against it. Are we just gonna forget that Bush and Blair disobeyed the UN in Iraq?

Quote:
Why not?
Neither Russia nor China have any incentive to attack Guam or the US. China gets way too much money from trade deals to think about nuking such a powerful and wealthy ally whilst Russia honestly could not give less of a damn about the US, especially now. Putin's not stupid, he knows the US would never be dumb enough to launch a military attack on Moscow and so he won't attack the US either.

Quote:
Do you support his tests? Do you think he should continue them indefinitely?

Please answer with yes or no.
I don't think anyone agrees with his tests. However, some do actually see his reasoning for them, mainly being that he KNOWS that Trump is much easier to piss off than Obama was or even Bush for that matter. That's how Kim's plans will work: he doesn't NEED to act because he know Trump will. Kim didn't follow through in attacking Guam (a non-mainland terrirtory) and look how quick Trump was to assure the world he was ready to nuke NK if he was given the chance.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 12:58 PM   #76
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
whilst Russia honestly could not give less of a damn about the US, especially now. Putin's not stupid, he knows the US would never be dumb enough to launch a military attack on Moscow and so he won't attack the US either.
Well not a military attack, he's can still attack the US with hackers.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 23rd, 2017, 04:33 AM   #77
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Well not a military attack, he's can still attack the US with hackers.
Espionage and spying is part and parcel of the new world. It's how the Cold War was fought, it's how the War on Terror is being fought and it's how any other conflict between major powers in the West will continue to fight. The US hasn't been too innocent either, hacking the phones of multiple international targets outside their jurisdiction (for example, Angela Merkel back in 2015). Whilst still an act of warfare, hacking is very much prefered to the old-style physical conflicts of human hiatory up till now.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:31 AM   #78
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
Espionage and spying is part and parcel of the new world. It's how the Cold War was fought, it's how the War on Terror is being fought and it's how any other conflict between major powers in the West will continue to fight. The US hasn't been too innocent either, hacking the phones of multiple international targets outside their jurisdiction (for example, Angela Merkel back in 2015). Whilst still an act of warfare, hacking is very much prefered to the old-style physical conflicts of human hiatory up till now.
Well thats until they leak what they found in the intention of getting one person elected over an other.

Straight Canadian boy
Old September 24th, 2017, 05:21 AM   #79
Jinglebottom

Jinglebottom's Forum Picture

This thread has strayed way off topic, so I ask all of you to please discuss the relevant issues here, or else I will have to lock this.
~Jinglebottom

General Discussions Moderator

PM - VM

*Mars was here*
Jinglebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 09:02 AM   #80
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Well thats until they leak what they found in the intention of getting one person elected over an other.
I am in no way a fan of Trump whatsoever but the Russians didn't exactly fabricate any of those emails nor make up any of the tyhings revbealed, the Democrats never even tried to hide that. Yes, it was a strategic hacking but it was objectively better that at least one of the candidates was revealed for who they were instead of neither, allowing both to fool the nation.

In that similar thread, I reiterate my previous point of I don't like the guy but he's yet to personally do something impeachable so for now he's safe.