Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 13th, 2015, 06:40 PM   #1
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay
Default Obsessed with checking weight.

I absolutely had no clue where to post this, so I put it here.

Is it normal to check your weight every day? I mean, as soon as I get up, as soon as I get home from school, and before I go to bed. I've also got into the habit of measuring my waist with a measure. Every day, I check my BMI to see if it's changed at all or if I've lost weight (I'm in the 85th percentile for my height, weight and age).

It makes me feel so insecure because there are stick thin girls walking around saying they were as skinny as me and it makes me feel like crap because I know I weigh a lot more than they do, and they're prettier than I am. People say I look like I've lost weight, when in true fact I've piled on maybe half a stone because I've been eating so much recently.

When I eat, I always ask for the amount of calories it has and I check the wrappers on everything for the calories and the amount of fat and sugar. There are some days where I eat around 2500 calories and others where I eat around 1200 to 'repent' because I ate so much the times before.

It's gotten to the point where I'm constantly asking people if I look like I'm too big for my clothes or I'll be like "hold on, I'm just weighing myself". To be honest I start to feel withdrawal symptoms and I'll feel really ill and get upset/depressed if I don't check my weight as often as I do, I mean like 3 times a day is the bare minimum for me. Is there anything I can to do fix this?

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2015, 11:03 PM   #2
Drewboyy
Member++

Drewboyy's Forum Picture

Name: Drew
Default Re: Obsessed with checking weight.

To fix what? I mean, it's completely fine to check your weight multiple times a day. However, if it cuts into your education and social time then you would be better off checking it a bit less.
And if you really feel like you are fat and you want to lose weight then the only way to fix that is with willpower and exercise.

Since every other comment on here is probably going to say something like "you look fine the way you do" and "everyone is special in their own way" I'm not going to say it.
Although it is true that you shouldn't stress over weight too much, it's not healthy to be obese (which you aren't), so you're good.

Drew here! Iʻm very open so enjoy! Don't forget what's up ^^

I have a bad case of being an attention seeker

PM me at any time to talk about whatever you want, I'm always happy with it
Drewboyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #3
Body odah Man
VT Lover

Body odah Man's Forum Picture

I do the same thing (only I check my weight once a day, not 3 times). It's an issue, but hard to resolve

Just a chilling teen that hates baths, collects Yugioh cards and loves Runescape
Body odah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 07:18 PM   #4
Xiao.Z
Member+

Xiao.Z's Forum Picture

Name: Xiao

I weigh every day but not believe this problem I need correct. What is your BMI if I may inquire?
Xiao.Z is offline   Reply With Quote