Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 9th, 2018, 08:31 PM   #1
zztop21

Default Accepting bullying?

In my Highschool we unfortunately have the problem of a lot of mean hicks that like to run the school and sports teams.
Myself, being a nerd and being on the robotics team makes me a perfect target for them :/
Being a very passive person, when they came after me naturally I just did what they wanted. They didnít want to beat me up, just humiliate me. So they hung me by my underwear afterschool in the locker room.
Now that theyíve figured out that I wonít do anything, they want me hung everyday.
So Iím hung by my tighty whities purely for their enjoyment, all while I refuse to do anything because I hate fighting..

Everyone I talked to said itís my fault for making myself a target.. being on the robotics team, being extremely passive and letting them doing anything and wearing tighty whities was all apparently my fault and made me nerdy and that is the reason why I am in this mess.

But the thing is I like being nerdy and building robots. I like everything about myself, but will I always be a target for these guys because I am like this?
zztop21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2018, 09:23 PM   #2
Tim the Enchanter
Great Poster

Tim the Enchanter's Forum Picture

Name: Timothy
Default Re: Accepting bullying?

Holy crap man, is this for real? Dude at my school I'm glad there are no really mean people that do stuff like that, even then, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to talk them down from doing that stuff because I'm pretty much one of those sports people "that like to run the school" well atleast for my grade haha. Dude I can tell you we're not all mean jerks.

Personally, I don't think its your fault man. If I was in your position, I'd definitely fight back dude. At least they would know they can't do it without expecting a fight. I'm here if you need to talk man.

JUST TIM
Also known as, the hash-slinging slasher

Tim the Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2018, 10:26 PM   #3
zztop21

Itís good to know that all sports guys are like that. But I could never bring myself to fight back, Iím just so anti-violence and fighting.. not to mention that Iím 130lbs..
I definitely do not want to get anyone else involved just for the embarrassment and the fact that this is between me and them.
I know Iím not going to fight them so all I can do is follow their rules to keep them happy so itís not worse for me.
At the end of the day they are going to do whatever they want to me so I might as well keep them as non angry as I can.
Old July 10th, 2018, 01:30 AM   #4
Tim the Enchanter
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop21 View Post
Itís good to know that all sports guys are like that. But I could never bring myself to fight back, Iím just so anti-violence and fighting.. not to mention that Iím 130lbs..
I definitely do not want to get anyone else involved just for the embarrassment and the fact that this is between me and them.
I know Iím not going to fight them so all I can do is follow their rules to keep them happy so itís not worse for me.
At the end of the day they are going to do whatever they want to me so I might as well keep them as non angry as I can.
Man I'm sorry to hear that, they seem like pretty big jerks. I mean there has to be something you could do to get them off of you.

JUST TIM

Old July 10th, 2018, 01:42 AM   #5
samuel15
Member++

samuel15's Forum Picture

Name: samuel

Can't you ask the teachers to be on the lookout for this? I can't imagine they are going to try anything if a teacher is close by. Also tell your parents and ask them to help you, I know it doesn't feel like they can do much but the school is more inclined to listen to parents then students.

17 / gay / male PM me if you want to talk
samuel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 01:45 AM   #6
Tim the Enchanter
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel15 View Post
Can't you ask the teachers to be on the lookout for this? I can't imagine they are going to try anything if a teacher is close by. Also tell your parents and ask them to help you, I know it doesn't feel like they can do much but the school is more inclined to listen to parents then students.
Nah dude, that would make it worse. Because then the dudes are going to think of him as a snitch and be worse to him. Also he said he doesn't want to get anyone else involved because of its between him and them.

JUST TIM

Old July 10th, 2018, 02:40 AM   #7
samuel15
Member++

samuel15's Forum Picture

Name: samuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tim View Post
Nah dude, that would make it worse. Because then the dudes are going to think of him as a snitch and be worse to him. Also he said he doesn't want to get anyone else involved because of its between him and them.
I understand that and thats fine if that's what he wants to do. I think you understood me wrong too, my recommendation was that the teachers should have more of a presence at the school to stop bullying as a whole not just for him. They don't have to intervene just be around so that it's harder for the bullying to happen unnoticed.

Teachers aren't stupid but if no-one inform them about this problem it will not get better...

17 / gay / male PM me if you want to talk
samuel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 05:47 AM   #8
zztop21

I really really donít want to be a snitch and I espically donít want to tell the teachers, who already see bullying and donít care enough to do anything.

Iím just wondering why these guys chose me... I guess Iím just a big nerd, and Iím fine with that because I like being nerdy. But I guess being nerdy just means being a target for bullying.
Old July 10th, 2018, 08:09 AM   #9
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

Isn't there a gym teacher or coach present in the locker room that could put a stop to this? At my school we also have a volunteer parent who is there to monitor the locker rooms and showers during all gym and swimming classes.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 09:28 AM   #10
zztop21

I wish someone was there but they wait until after school and practice when the coach leaves.
Old July 10th, 2018, 01:15 PM   #11
Tim the Enchanter
Great Poster

Quote:
I wish someone was there but they wait until after school and practice when the coach leaves.
Maybe you can make it so you're always with a teacher? Or even try to be the teachers pet or something.

JUST TIM

Old July 10th, 2018, 01:53 PM   #12
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

For whatever reason they picked you, if you don't fight back in any way, you'll always be a victim. And not just for those dudes. There may more to come.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 05:19 AM   #13
Bluegrass

Name: Mary

Tell the principal their hazing you its pretty much the same.Schools have very strict rules about hazing leading to expelling and arrest.
Bluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 06:30 AM   #14
Uniquemind
VT Lover

If you want to do it anonymously just write an old fashioned letter detailing bullying phenomena you want addressed at the school, don’t necessarily mention names but do alert staff to where it’s happening and what hours and areas of school grounds tend to have the bullying events occur.

You can omit your name and clubs you are a part of, just say you are a concerned student who witnessed bullying but was afraid to speak up.

You’d like staff and increased patrols to address the issue before it has any potential to escalate into a more serious legal matter.

Use your knowledge of who the principal’s and teacher’s bosses are to protect yourself.

Hope my advice helps.

The thing with bullies is that they forget that one day they might bully the kid who snaps and that hurts everyone.

Also if bullies are too rough with someone who is disabled or meek, they might accidentally commit assault or man slaughter. Bullying is really bad and dangerous especially now after Parkland.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 07:14 PM   #15
zztop21

I just can't be a snitch :/ I'm terrified of them, I just know they will find out and make it even worse for me. I'd be hanging for hours then.

It is already bad for me this summer with me having to ride my bike to one of the bullies places and get hung in an abandoned barn almost everyday

Last edited by zztop21; July 11th, 2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:21 PM   #16
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Quote:
I just can't be a snitch :/ I'm terrified of them, I just know they will find out and make it even worse for me. I'd be hanging for hours then.

It is already bad for me this summer with me having to ride my bike to one of the bullies places and get hung in an abandoned barn almost everyday
Just be an anonymous snitch, you can't live in fear your whole life. What if they take something too far and end up killing you accidentally you've got to put and end to this early.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:23 PM   #17
zztop21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
Just be an anonymous snitch, you can't live in fear your whole life. What if they take something too far and end up killing you accidentally you've got to put and end to this early.
I'm a rule follower tho and it feels terrible to break them. Even if the bullies make them I feel anxiety if I break their rules.
If I don't do what they say they will come after me and hang me for longer, especially this summer
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:51 PM   #18
Tim the Enchanter
Great Poster

Quote:
I'm a rule follower tho and it feels terrible to break them. Even if the bullies make them I feel anxiety if I break their rules.
If I don't do what they say they will come after me and hang me for longer, especially this summer
Well you're in summer right? So you got some time to think about it now correct?

JUST TIM

Old July 11th, 2018, 08:53 PM   #19
zztop21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tim View Post
Well you're in summer right? So you got some time to think about it now correct?
I've got to ride my bike to one of the guys abandoned barn almost every day and he hangs me.. Sometimes with his football friends and sometimes its just him
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:54 PM   #20
Tim the Enchanter
Great Poster

Quote:
I've got to ride my bike to one of the guys abandoned barn almost every day and he hangs me.. Sometimes with his football friends and sometimes its just him
What will happen if you don't go?

JUST TIM