Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old December 9th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #1
[[chickaroo92]]
Awesome Poster

[[chickaroo92]]'s Forum Picture

Name: Chaii
Unhappy an accident can turn into abusing a child

Today I went out with my dad to drive a little bit. I was doing good, until he told me to stopped. I didn't reach the breaks quick enough, so we were almost going to hit a fence. I didn't mean for it to happen, I guess I panicked a little bit, I am not that great, i'm a new driver...have mercy on me!

Anyway, my dad got angry at me, and ended up breaking my nose, it was gushing, and now I have a scratch as well

Keep in mind, my dad was in an angry mood to begin with, but I was there, so he needed a punching bag, which in that case was...me.

He also said that I was retarded, that I'll never have a husband, have a life, etc. I was crying, out of pain and for my dad.

He apologized, I didn't forgive him, why should I? When he can do it again.
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #2
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!
Default Re: an accident can turn into abusing a child

This is both simply horrible and quite unacceptable. Your father needs some help controlling himself, and you'd do well to try to get him that. You need to be protected here.

Did you tell your mom? Does she know about his uncontrolled rage? Talk with her about the need to get him some therapy. Consider telling your school counsellor, too, and the doc that repaired your nose (he had to ask how it happened, right?).
Family loyality means that people take care of eachother and do what's right. In your case, that means protecting yourself from further acts of violence as well as getting him the treatment he obviously needs.

Tell someone.
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #3
blank_07
Junior Member+

That is wrong. You're new at driving and it's not your fault that you werent some NASCAR star on your first try. Tell someone like your mother or guidance counselor.
Has this happened before?
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #4
[[chickaroo92]]
Awesome Poster

When I came home, my mom came over to me, and asked why I was crying, I showed her my coat, that had blood all over it, and then she asked what happened so I told her.

She was apologizing, she always does that...even though she didn't do anything wrong. It wasn't my dad's fault, he was in a bad mood, so he needed to take out his anger. It rarely ever happens that he looses his self-control and beat the crap out of me.

My nose has been broken before, for a different reason, nothing to do with anyone in my family though. It doesn't hurt that much anymore. I would call the police, but I don't think its a big deal, I mean my dad just needs to calm down, and like control himself.

I'll try talking to someone, but not the school's guidence counselour.

Thanks all of you for helping me, I really appreicate it.
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #5
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

thesphinx's Forum Picture

It is not ok that he takes his anger out on you. Your not a punching bag, I can see that he must have some anger control issues and he needs to get help for this problem. I would talk to your mom about getting him into treatment for his anger.

-former-Psychiatric Ward & Help and Advice Moderator
Need help? You can talk to me anytime.
[email protected]
http://a377.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a582553c18.jpg
-Michael
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #6
spawnicus

spawnicus's Forum Picture

if i personally knew you i wouls kick your dad's ass for you, thats not right idc if your his daughter or not there should be no hitting women
Old December 10th, 2007, 05:40 PM   #7
[[chickaroo92]]
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnicus View Post
if i personally knew you i wouls kick your dad's ass for you, thats not right idc if your his daughter or not there should be no hitting women
Thanks man.

Believe me, if I wasn't in so much pain, I would have totally taken him down. He felt bad afterwards, so I unno.
Old December 10th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #8
Hyper
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chay_c92 View Post
Thanks man.

Believe me, if I wasn't in so much pain, I would have totally taken him down. He felt bad afterwards, so I unno.
You don't know what? You seem to be in denial, its not okay to hit your child!

Get that in your head, you know it in your heart its not okey to smash smash people in the face just because you are pissed off, it is not right and it only shows a persons immaturity in dealing with themselves and it is also barbaric.

I do hope you are fighting for yourself just don't let him destroy you.

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:01 PM   #9
Serenity
Banned

Name: Valerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
You don't know what? You seem to be in denial, its not okay to hit your child!

Get that in your head, you know it in your heart its not okey to smash smash people in the face just because you are pissed off, it is not right and it only shows a persons immaturity in dealing with themselves and it is also barbaric.

I do hope you are fighting for yourself just don't let him destroy you.
QFT x 1,000,000,000,000
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:10 PM   #10
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Quote:
When I came home, my mom came over to me, and asked why I was crying, I showed her my coat, that had blood all over it, and then she asked what happened so I told her.

She was apologizing, she always does that...even though she didn't do anything wrong. It wasn't my dad's fault, he was in a bad mood, so he needed to take out his anger. It rarely ever happens that he looses his self-control and beat the crap out of me.

My nose has been broken before, for a different reason, nothing to do with anyone in my family though. It doesn't hurt that much anymore. I would call the police, but I don't think its a big deal, I mean my dad just needs to calm down, and like control himself.

I'll try talking to someone, but not the school's guidence counselour.

Thanks all of you for helping me, I really appreicate it.
This doesn't sound like you're in denial here. It sounds like it's your mother who's in denial. Maybe she's getting abused, too. I don't blame you for withdrawing, if your mom doesn't recognize the gravity of this situation, it's hard for you to do much on your own.

The task here is to raise your mom's level of awareness of the wrongness of your dad's behavior. I'm not sure why you won't talk with the guidance counsellor, they have the authority to really insert some reality here and get all of you some much needed help.
Old December 10th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #11
Prince Jellyfish
Member+

Prince Jellyfish's Forum Picture

That was really mean of your father. =[
Now, I could understand if you had actually hit the fence...
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #12
japanman
Awesome Poster

japanman's Forum Picture

Name: Jacob

Quote:
Today I went out with my dad to drive a little bit. I was doing good, until he told me to stopped. I didn't reach the breaks quick enough, so we were almost going to hit a fence. I didn't mean for it to happen, I guess I panicked a little bit, I am not that great, i'm a new driver...have mercy on me!

Anyway, my dad got angry at me, and ended up breaking my nose, it was gushing, and now I have a scratch as well

Keep in mind, my dad was in an angry mood to begin with, but I was there, so he needed a punching bag, which in that case was...me.

He also said that I was retarded, that I'll never have a husband, have a life, etc. I was crying, out of pain and for my dad.

He apologized, I didn't forgive him, why should I? When he can do it again.
i hope your ok as for your father he should learn self control im young but i kno not to ever hit a girl and disrespect a girl. espacially your father to do such a thing
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #13
thesphinx
Awesome Poster

thesphinx's Forum Picture

~sTrUcK~ This is a fairly old thread and although your advice is good I'm going to lock this, to the OP if you want it reopened please PM me.

-former-Psychiatric Ward & Help and Advice Moderator
Need help? You can talk to me anytime.
[email protected]
http://a377.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a582553c18.jpg
-Michael
Closed Thread