Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 19th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #1
karnivore
Junior Member+

Name: Martha
Question Homophobic Bullying in School

Have any of you been bullied in school because you are gay or people thought you were gay? If not, have you seen it? What did you do?
karnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #2
BeautifulDisaster
Nice Poster

BeautifulDisaster's Forum Picture

Default Re: Homophobic Bullying in School

I've seen it.
I'm seeing it right now.
It's disgraceful.
Best thing to do is ignore it & try to not react, as they feed off of that & it makes it worse.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
BeautifulDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #3
Zeh Crazy
Member+

Zeh Crazy's Forum Picture

This is why I can't come out about being bi in my school. I would get bullied so badly, mainly because my school is nothing but narrow-minded religious pricks or rednecks. I want to come out and be accepted, but unfortunately, that wouldn't happen. I would have no support. Even most of my friends are against it.
Zeh Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #4
nickw_2013
Junior Member+

Name: Nick

I've seen it, but never been the victim, ya I think thats the right word for it, of it. I have a couple friends that are bi or openly gay. I support them and their decisions completely and try to stand up for them most of the time when I hear someone picking on them about it.

Hey! Its Nick!
Teen Centre Help& Advice Moderator!
nickw_2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #5
Chris95
Awesome Poster

I'm not saying this is the case with everyone, nor does this excuse the behavior, but there was a kid in my PE class who made fun of homosexuality constantly. He turned out to be gay, and he was using it so nobody would suspect that he was gay in the first place.
Chris95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #6
drew.
Junior Member+

Name: can you infer??

happens to me everyday. but its a lifestyle and i have made my choice. it won't always be like this not everyone is that narrow minded
drew. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:03 AM   #7
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

And this is what religion taken to an extreme does to people. It warps their mind and makes them incapable of rational thought for themselves. If these hypocrites come at you at all for anything which is morally sound, then I would report it; it's no better than racism, disability-based discrimination, or any other form of bigotry. Also, to those who wish to come out, if you are afraid that your friends might oppose you for your sexuality, are they really your friends? One way to find out I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:41 AM   #8
Krazymitch

Krazymitch's Forum Picture

Name: Mitch

People who dont know me do it, but when they find out who i am, they wont say a word...its great, cause i only hear it once, and it dont bother me.

| 18 | Australian | Gay | Too Much Emotion |
Krazymitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #9
ShatteredWings
Under the Stars

ShatteredWings's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle

My freshman year it was really bad. I wasn't "out", but everyone knew I was hiding something. and attacked it like vultures on a starved rabbit.

Last year it wasn't so bad, some people grew up, and many were transferred to the alternative program (mostly rehab, some class), and I simply got physically stronger to the point where most are slightly afraid to give me shit anymore.

When it was bad, i did nothing. I tried to go to the school once but the disciplinary program is fail, and no one wants to trust someone who looks like me. last year I took a few things into my own hands (not recommending), made a few empty threats (with the ability and expectation to have to follow through) and people backed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
VT turned me lesbo acid wankers wtf.
~Laura Was Here~
Retired Gmod
ShatteredWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #10
Insanity Fair
Banned

Name: Abigail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
And this is what religion taken to an extreme does to people. It warps their mind and makes them incapable of rational thought for themselves. If these hypocrites come at you at all for anything which is morally sound, then I would report it; it's no better than racism, disability-based discrimination, or any other form of bigotry. Also, to those who wish to come out, if you are afraid that your friends might oppose you for your sexuality, are they really your friends? One way to find out I suppose.
Your posts are painfully annoying. The only word I can think to describe you is aethiest. It's getting annoying that of all the posts I've seen you make none of them are different. I'm an aethiest as well but I have posted about something other then the idiocy of religion.

Back on topic. Religion has little to do with youth homosexual bullying. Most of the children/teens who bully homosexuals do not believe in god.

Last edited by Insanity Fair; July 22nd, 2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Thanks for the grammar correction, bud!
Insanity Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #11
LyDrake

Name: Sherlon (Hate it!!)

i get it everyday... i try to hide it... my sister heard from skool ppl n she started calling me names n stuff.... i just wanna be free and be able to be who i am in the open... if i be open i could get killed... because of the country i live in!
LyDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #12
Mysterious Skin
Nice Poster

Mysterious Skin's Forum Picture

Name: H

I get it........ No body knows it yet but im gay. My class this year Suspected i was gay but nobody said it tto me. Untill someone did but i keep on denying it.
Mysterious Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM   #13
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity Fair View Post
You're posts are painfully annoying. The only word I can think to describe you is aethiest. It's getting annoying that of all the posts I've seen you make none of them are different. I'm an aethiest as well but I have posted about something other then the idiocy of religion.

Back on topic. Religion has little to do with youth homosexual bullying. Most of the children/teens who bully homosexuals do not believe in god.
"You are posts are annoying?" Because that's effectively what you've said with "you're". Also, you may want to note that I specifically said "taken to an extreme". Everything taken to an extreme is bad; religion was just the contextual example here. So maybe you'd like to learn to read and stop misinterpreting my posts to mean the worst before yapping on about how annoying you think I am. I'm annoyed now. So grow the fuck up and stop being hypocritical. Besides, who was it who said that being gay and dyslexic was a phase? And have you even read many of my posts?

Also, in response to your "on-topic", several people at my school say that they don't like gays because "God hates fags" (which I've heard far too often). I usually ignore them since they don't have the guts to say it to a gay person's face. I personally don't know any atheists who believe the same (take note how I've spelled my actual "belief" correctly - which makes me question if you are in fact an atheist like you claim) So, OP, I would probably either do the same of report it to someone you can trust.

EDIT: Also, InsanityFair, how is saying that homophobes tend to be atheist any better than saying that extremists are more likely to be homophobic than non-extremists (yes, that's right, even religious people). Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick...

Quote:
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

Last edited by Death; July 22nd, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:01 PM   #14
Insanity Fair
Banned

Name: Abigail

Quote:
"You are posts are annoying?" Because that's effectively what you've said with "you're". Also, you may want to note that I specifically said "taken to an extreme". Everything taken to an extreme is bad; religion was just the contextual example here. So maybe you'd like to learn to read and stop misinterpreting my posts to mean the worst before yapping on about how annoying you think I am. Besides, who was it who said that being gay and dyslexic was a phase? And have you even read many of my posts?
I've read enough. I always lurk when I first find a forum so as to gauge different user's personalities, the hierarchy on the site, and what the majority of opinions are. Aethiesm is very popular on this site but you take it to extreme.(notice how clever I am using bold and italics!!)

Also, in regards to the gay/dyslexia thing. Your grasp of the obvious is slipping away from you. You can't spot a troll when it's right in front of your face.

Quote:
I'm annoyed now.
Good for you. You want a cookie?

Quote:
So grow the fuck up and stop being hypocritical.
I'm not being hypocritical. Just because I don't believe in religion does not mean I have to be as unoriginal as to talk about how stupid I think it is in every post I make. And if you quit trying to use minor grammatical mistakes to discredit your opponent maybe you might gain some respect. It doesn't make you seem any more intelligent. In fact it just proves how petty and immature you are.

Quote:
Also, in response to your "on-topic", several people at my school say that they don't like gays because "God hates fags" (which I've heard far too often). I usually ignore them since they don't have the guts to say it to a gay person's face. I personally don't know any atheists who believe the same (take note how I've spelled my actual "belief" correctly - which makes me question if you are in fact an atheist like you claim) So, OP, I would probably either do the same of report it to someone you can trust.
You and I both speak from personal experience so there is no need to argue on this point. No one I've ever heard of has used God as an excuse for bullying homosexuals.

Quote:
EDIT: Also, InsanityFair, how is saying that homophobes tend to be atheist any better than saying that extremists are more likely to be homophobic than non-extremists (yes, that's right, even religious people). Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick...
You miss the point of this thread. It's one matter to be homophobic, it's quite another matter to bully homosexuals. Religious people are more likely to be homophobic. However because of their nifty little golden rule they're less likely to bully.

Last edited by Insanity Fair; July 22nd, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Insanity Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:19 PM   #15
Aspiringanonymous
Awesome Poster

I think this discussion has strayed off-topic enough for now. Please take it somewhere else - both of you - thanks!
Aspiringanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #16
mranderson

mranderson's Forum Picture

Name: colton

Deffinitly..this happens every day to them, im now gay tho. Its the same people to, i wana kick there asses, i still do and its outa school, but theres were 6/7 of em every day...Even my best friend does it.
mranderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #17
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

If your best friend does it, then is (s)he really your best friend?

Quote:

Old July 29th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #18
adverse4490
Banned

Name: Brendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyDrake View Post
i get it everyday... i try to hide it... my sister heard from skool ppl n she started calling me names n stuff.... i just wanna be free and be able to be who i am in the open... if i be open i could get killed... because of the country i live in!
There are kids all over the world, as well as adults, that get this kind of treatment because of their orientation. If your sister of all people does not care about you enough to treat you as her family still, then you'll need to figure out how you'll tell your father if that crosses your mind...

In Trinidad, that treatment is going to happen if you become open, unfortunately. But everyone needs a support system, and you can't handle it on your own. If there are trusted friends, family members who won't judge you, or even a councelor or somebody you feel comfortable with, you should confide in them and gain that support system. I can't say that you could trust someone that you met in a chat room, but even if it means sending a message to me saying what's going on with you I'd be glad to help anyway I can.

Most importantly, don't let other's judgements get you down or make you feel intimidated to take a stand for who you are. This doesn't mean to come out to people you know will not respect you, but respect yourself enough to not have people walk over you.

Hope that helps, boss. Bless.
adverse4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:53 AM   #19
Spoookster
Member++

Spoookster's Forum Picture

Name: Me

Nothing like that happened to me.. although they did make gay jokes to everyone not just me.. But.. i dno.. it's prty stupid. They should just leave everybody to do whatever they want/feel/desire.

Dance like no-ones looking

I am here for you... If u need help PM anytime!

I am Straight... so no cam or other weird stuff.
Spoookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #20
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia

it happens to me even though i'm straight because i'm friends with a lesbian. They bully her because she's overweight aswell. She knows she's overweight and she can't help it, she's the healthiest eater i know. anyways, they keep trying to get me to insult her by asking me if she's fat, and then they go on to say, "how can you be friends with a lesbian?" which is when i say, "because she's still human?" And they are so horrible to her. The even commented on a photo of her and her girlfriend on facebook about a million times saying how disgusting it was.

They disgust me, i think it's horrible the way they treat her.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote